Ps3/Vita Road Map to Double Platinum

Ok this isn't really an official roadmap. However I wanted to put together a quick little FAQ and guide on the quickest and best method to get all the trophies for both Vita and PS3 versions. This was how I did it and it's the best method I can actually think of.

Just a note - I played the Vita version first and did the Platinum and did not have any save or trophies unlocked on my PS3 version. This should not matter what order or what trophies you already have, but if you follow this short guide and have trouble please post and let me know.

First thing is first. On whatever system, start off and follow the trophy guide here http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater-hd/134911-metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater-hd-trophy-guide-road-map.html

You are going to be doing the one run walk through. This is going to ensure the smoothest way to unlock all the other trophies in the other version.

A couple notes.

You are going to make extra save in a new slot at the following times:

1. At the start of the game when you first encounter enemy soldiers.

2. Right before you rescue the Dr and meet Ocelot for the first time.

3. At any point where you find a poisonous animal and a guard is in the area.

4. Make sure you get the SVD and save in the area where you can kill The End prematurely.

5. Save in the area of the final boss fight before shooting the Kerotan Frog.

6. Save your clear data after you finish the game.

Do, with that, follow the guide, make those saves, and platinum the game.

So now it is time to transfer your save. Either to the PS3 or the Vita depending on which version you did first.

Now, the fastest way to get your second platinum.

1. Transfer your clear game first.

2. Now transfer the extra saves you made from the list above.

This will unlock all the trophies except:

Mama Said

Tell Me Where The Bomb Is

Like He Just Doesn't Care

Close Shave

Snake Bit

Problem Solved, Series Over

Serenity Now

Tune-In Tokyo

The Early End

It Ain't Easy Being Green

And of course the Platinum.

Now believe it or not, since you set up your saves, this is going to take maybe 10 minutes to get all those.

First, load the save with the enemy soldier and do the CQC trophies, and also call all the healing radio frenquincies.

Now load the Ocelot saves, skip the cutscenes, and kill him while he is knocked out.

Load the save Where you have a poisonous animal and throw it at a guard to poison them.

Load the save right before the cutscenes with the end, skip it, then kill him with the SVD again.

Finally, load up the save for the last boss fight and shoot the Kerotan frog on top of the tree.

Boom. Within ten minutes, you should have all the trophies for the other version of MGS3.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me here.

This was a neat idea. I'll mention a couple things.

First make sure you're signed in to PSN when you create the saves or they will be ineligible for trophy transfer.

Second I've seen a lot of people claiming some of the story related trophies didn't transfer. I can't speak from experience on MGS3 since I already had the platinum on PS3 when the Vita version released. I only tried to transfer three trophies for MGS2 and only two actually went through.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one question. I read that you need to be logged on PSN when you make the first save of the game or the save won't work.... It only applies for the PS3 version or in the PSV version too? Because it's difficult to know if you're signed on the PSN with the PSV, it connects/disconnects all the time, there is some way to know for sure that you're connected on the PSN?

I know that this is a very subjective question but wich version of MGS3 is better to play? PS3 or PSV?

This will unlock all the trophies except:

Mama Said

Tell Me Where The Bomb Is

Like He Just Doesn't Care

Close Shave

Snake Bit

Problem Solved, Series Over

Serenity Now

Tune-In Tokyo

The Early End

It Ain't Easy Being Green

After i cleared MGS3 on my ps3 i synced it over to the vita (and man its fun watching those trophies rain in :x ) but Serenity Now and Tune-In Tokyo did pop from that 1st transfer, And i think It Ain't Easy Being Green would have poped too, but i missed 1 on my 1st play through, its like the 7th frog on the list so i got it pretty early into the playthrough.

After i cleared MGS3 on my ps3 i synced it over to the vita (and man its fun watching those trophies rain in :x ) but Serenity Now and Tune-In Tokyo did pop from that 1st transfer, And i think It Ain't Easy Being Green would have poped too, but i missed 1 on my 1st play through, its like the 7th frog on the list so i got it pretty early into the playthrough.

Strange. Serenity Now and Tune-In Tokyo didn't pop for me. And I know I Ain't Easy Being Green wont pop cause my transfer was a full clear file having done all Kerotans.

• 1 month later...

First make sure you're signed in to PSN when you create the saves or they will be ineligible for trophy transfer.

Second I've seen a lot of people claiming some of the story related trophies didn't transfer. I can't speak from experience on MGS3 since I already had the platinum on PS3 when the Vita version released. I only tried to transfer three trophies for MGS2 and only two actually went through.

Do i have to be signed in for my initial save only or for every single save i make?

Do i have to be signed in for my initial save only or for every single save i make?

It seems that you only need to be signed in for the first save. I made a MGS2 save on Vita, transferred it to PS3 and didn't sign in again until after I transferred back to Vita. Make sure you only save on the file you transferred over. If you save on another file without being signed in, it may be ineligible for ttrophy transfer. I think that's how I ruined my Snake Tales transfer.

It seems that you only need to be signed in for the first save. I made a MGS2 save on Vita, transferred it to PS3 and didn't sign in again until after I transferred back to Vita. Make sure you only save on the file you transferred over. If you save on another file without being signed in, it may be ineligible for ttrophy transfer. I think that's how I ruined my Snake Tales transfer.

Thanx a lot. I will start this game soon, gotta finish Peace Walker first though.

• 5 months later...
I have one question. I read that you need to be logged on PSN when you make the first save of the game or the save won't work.... It only applies for the PS3 version or in the PSV version too? Because it's difficult to know if you're signed on the PSN with the PSV, it connects/disconnects all the time, there is some way to know for sure that you're connected on the PSN?

I know that this is a very subjective question but wich version of MGS3 is better to play? PS3 or PSV?

On the Vita, when you go to the Transfarring screen it will say somewhere on that screen whether or not you're connected to PSN, if you aren't, it will tell you to press "triangle" to do so.

Personally, I think the PS3 version is better, the controls on the Vita are odd and really messed me up at first (despite being a veteran of the franchise). Even when you do get your head around the control changes, some of the more useful tactics are harder to pull off, like making Snake peek his head out of the grass while prone. On the PS3 all you had to do was hold down L2 & R2 then aim and fire as usual, on the Vita, you have to use the rear touchpad in an unnatural double swipe motion with both hands and try to keep them there while also pressing the right shoulder and square to aim and fire.

Aiming is also harder using the Vita's small analogue sticls compared to the Dualshock 3's

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Not sure if this thread is still active enough to be seen, but does this work both ways? I'm just about to play MGS3 on my PS3 and would love to try loading up saves on my Vita from that for a simple enough platinum (especially because I'm a bit worried about how it plays on Vita).

I just finished a playthrough last night that got me all of my Kerotans, camos, facepaint etc etc, all the lengthy stuff, and I have a save right before that, so I'm guessing that's the save to use.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...