Which boss you think it's the hardest to beat?

Well, before I got this collection I haven't played any MGS games, besides PW, for a very long time. Although I did remember a lot of stuff, at the same time there was a lot I didn't remember given how complex a MGS game is.

So for me it was kinda like the "first" time I've fought the bosses since I didn't remember all of their attacks and had to learn them again. I have plenty of experience in MGS games and picked up the pace very fast and didn't have troubles with any of the bosses.

However, I find The Fury the hardest boss in the game. In my first playthrough I died a couple times using lethal weapons (I didn't want to use the LIFE item and just relied on the default health) and like 7 times when using the EZ gun in my 2nd no-kill playthrough. The reason I think he's the hardest is because when you take out half of his health he starts to move much faster and spam his attacks all the time with more power, but, the thing is, his attacks are much more random than the other bosses at this time of the fight.

Everything I said is considering you're playing on the Normal difficulty, since every MGS player knows that boss fights in Extreme make them a completely different story.

So what's your take on this, guys?

Edited by CaldaSnake

First time I played it I thought the end was the hardest until I figured out how many different strategies you can use to defeat him... Overall though I agree that the fury is the hardest, especially when he gets low on health. I usually use the mosin nagant on him. once I see what aisle he's coming down I headshot him and run away and repeat. Only takes a few well placed shots to take him down

Yes The Fury is indeed quite tricky and aggravating. I had to use a combination of M37 Shotgun, XM15 Rifle,Stun and Smoke grenade and the Dragunov sniper rifle on occasions and a lot of luck.

But the most difficult for me still is The Boss like her name implies :wall: :mad:

It took a lot of skillful planning and patience to beat that bitch. It took me 3 hard tries on my first playthrough.

I used flashbangs, tnt, m37 and svd sniper to bring her down and had to tackle her in CQC with a knife in hand before launching tnt while shes downed.

Edited by IM1MANX

I didn't have that much trouble with the boss, even with stamina kill. Take out my Mosin Nagant when I'm at a distance, let her come closer and counter her CQC attack, then hit her with my Mk. 22 three times.

If you don't know how to handle him, The Fear is the hardest I think. But if you know how to beat him, he's the easiest boss.

For me it was always The End, for the Fear I always kill round about 3 or 4 animals and keep them until I fight him, by then they are well on their way to being rotten, either 1 or 2 flies on them.

Once I face him I just run around avoiding his bolts until he needs to each and then throw down a spoiled piece of food, then follow him with the mk22 and shoot him as many times as possible while he's throwing up.

For The Fury I just do the same thing subbie did, highest platform, three shots, run, repeat.

The Pain is a no brainer, m37 shotgun to break his bee armour and go nuts with whatever gun you desire.

But The End was always a problem for me mainly because I was impatient and didn't like sneaking around looking for him, so I always got sniped and thrown into a cell.

Finally broke that habit today and held him up for the camo then took all his stamina with the MK22

My apologies for the TL: DR

With the fear I put on thermal goggles and every time he lands I shoot him and he doesn't stand a chance as long as you don't let him out of your sight. Usually it takes less than a minute. The boss is pretty easy because she doesn't see you if your camo index is decent so I just lay down with either sniper rifle and hold l2 and r2 in first person to peek up and headshot her and immediately run around and jump back down and repeat

With the fear I put on thermal goggles and every time he lands I shoot him and he doesn't stand a chance as long as you don't let him out of your sight. Usually it takes less than a minute. The boss is pretty easy because she doesn't see you if your camo index is decent so I just lay down with either sniper rifle and hold l2 and r2 in first person to peek up and headshot her and immediately run around and jump back down and repeat

Not even necessary. Just have some poisonous or rotten food ready to throw on the ground, run around dodging his shots, wait for his stamina to be depleted, wait around the food, hit him a couple of times, done.

• 2 weeks later...

The Fury, for the first time I've played MGS3, was the most annoying and rage inducing boss... No doubt one of the hardest of this game.

But The End... one of the finest boss battles of all time. You need patience, accuracy, cold and calculated movements, not to say that since this boss battle doesn't have its own soundtrack you feel even more nervous.

I vote for The End. There should be more boss battles like this.

The Fury, hands down. The other bosses don't have the same of urgency as The Fury does. Devastating burn damage coupled with unpredictability, he's a pain in the ass. Especially on the harder difficulties you cannot find a harder boss in this game. The Fire camo from previous playthroughs helps a lot, though.

The End on the other hand is probably the most well-thought, most interesting, and smartest boss fight in any game I've played so far. Not just that hard.

Edited by Knob Goblin

I know youy didn't ask for it but the easiest is the fear. Therms and mk22 him non stop, he doesn't even get a shot off. Then when he gets hungry throw down a severely rotten rood item (obviously get this sorted before the fight) then he's done for.

The fury has to be the hardest, I mean his flamethrower reaches the full length of the area, it's ridiculous, and then when he starts running around in a very vulcan raven-esk kind of way the fight becomes harder, headshots don't seem to do as much damage on this guy.

I've finished mgs2 on extreme but I really would not like to go up against the fury and volgin on extreme.

• 2 weeks later...

I got Foxhound back on PS2, and a few of them were tough on Extreme, namely The Pain, The Fury and Volgin.

On Normal, they're all easy. If you try and fight The Fury legit he's a pain as he just replens his stamina. If you do it the quick way, it's easy:

Fake Death Pill, he turns around. Revive, throw a stun at his feet. Look away so you don't get blinded, then when he's stunned, repeatedly slash him with the knife. As he's stunned it counts as a stamina kill. You can beat him like this in literally 20 seconds.

The Boss is only hard if you're bad at timing her CQC attacks (countering them leaves her vulnerable... shoot her once, then CQC her, then attack her more on the ground).