XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > M (PS3) > Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD

Old 11-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   The Silver Lining   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Word of Mouth - Bronze   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   5,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Silver   Rockets Must Have Died   A+ Thread Award   Bronze Submission   Bright Idea!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Default Markhor Guide

MARKHOR RANK GUIDE

By ZOLANTON

*NOTE*: This guide is not to posted anywhere else without the author’s permission.

Difficulty: Any you like: Very Easy/Easy/Normal/Hard/Extreme

Requirements: Capture all the types of plants and animals and non animal-plant item (RC Mate, Noodles, etc.)

General Tips:
  • Thermal Goggles and Motion Sensor are your best friends in finding every plant and animal. You get the Goggles in the third area of the Virtuous Mission Dremuchij North. Go to the right of the exit in the area with tall grass. Crawl inside the log. Then after the GRU fight, in the room Sokolov was first found in and then during Operation Snake Eater, inside the warehouse after the battle with Pain near some boxes. Use the Motion Sensor literally after every step (not when you are near enemies though). If an enemy or an animal is close they will appear as white dots in the sensor.
  • Play on Very Easy so you have the EZ Tranquiliser gun in your inventory. This allows you to put the animals to sleep and capture them quickly. If you want, play on another difficulty. My pal and me played it on Normal and it unlocked just fine. Another good choice are the Stun Grenades.
  • You don't need to eat anything you capture but you should because you can keep track of everything you eat in the cure menu. Just hit right or left when looking at your injury list.
  • If you die, you must recatch everything you have caught from your final checkpoint.
  • You don't have to have in your ending screen the Markhor rank appeared. We had in our screen the title or shooting all 64 Kerotans but since we had captured all the animals/plants, the trophy unlocked just fine.

So first I will list all the animals then the fruits and plants. Finally the guide will contain all the game's locations along with the name of the animal/plant you can find in each one of them.

SNAKES

• Snake A/King Cobra
  • Snake B/Taiwanese
  • Snake C/Thai Cobra
  • Snake D/Coral Snake
  • Snake E/Milk Snake
  • Snake F/Green Tree Python
  • Snake G/Giant Anaconda
  • Snake H/Reticulated Python
  • Snake I/Snake Liquid
  • Snake J/Snake Solid
  • Snake K/Snake Solidus

King Cobra (Snake A)
You can find this during the Operation Snake Eater. You can find at the area called Dremuchij North. Go to the left of the exit in the area with tall grass. You should be able to find one there. I haven't found this one in the Virtuous mission despite being the same location. Another location I found it was during the fight with Ocelot, Bolshaya Past Crevice.

Taiwanese Cobra (Snake B)
After you fight Ocelot, you will fall in the caves. To the very right of the caves (area called Chyornya Peschera Cave Branch) there's a small path. The snake will be there.

Thai Cobra (Snake C)
I have found this in the Krasnogorrje Mountain Base. Right after you enter that area, it will be at the corner to the right as you progress.

Coral Snake (Snake D)
I have found this in three areas. The first was Chyornyj Prud, the area after the second encounter with Ocelot that is a swamp with crocodiles. You can find it before you enter the water. The other was during the fight with Ocelot, Bolshaya Past Crevice. Watch out not to mess it with the Milk Snake. Another area is Sokrovenno South.

Milk Snake (Snake E)
At the same location with Coral Snake (Chyornyj Prud). Watch out since they are almost the same.

Green Tree Python (Snake F)
There are many many areas with this snake. As the name says you can find this on trees. I will list the Dremuchij North, the Rokovoj Bereg (The Boss fight area). There are many more area but I will list only the first and the last area you can find it.

Giant Anaconda (Snake G)
This snake can be found in the very first area of the Virtuous mission Dremuchij South. Right to the north of the tree that your backpack has fallen.

Reticulated Python (Snake H)
Another exceedingly common found snake. I will list only the first area I found it which is the very first area of the Virtuous mission Dremuchij South. You can find this at many many more.

Snake Liquid (Snake I)
These three snakes (that bring the name of the 3 sons of Big Boss conviniently) can be found ONLY in the last area of the game the Rokovoj Bereg (The Boss fight area). There are three logs in that area and each one has one of these snakes.

Snake Solid (Snake J)
See the Snake Liquid

Snake Solidus (Snake K)
See the Snake Liquid

FROGS

• Frog A/Otton Frog
  • Frog B/Tree Frog
  • Frog C/Poison Dart Frog

All the frogs are very commonly found in the Chyornyj Prud area. You can find them in other areas as well but it won't be necessary to post them all.

Otton Frog (Frog A)
You can find alot of them at Chyornyj Prud, the swamp area that EVA opens to you after the second encounter with Ocelot. In the water there are a lot of frogs swimming and this is amongst them.

Tree Frog (Frog B)
Same with Frog A.

Poison Dart Frog (Frog C)
Samw with Frog A. You can also find a lot of them during the fight with the Fear.

BIRDS

• Bird A/Parrot
  • Bird B/White-Rumped Vulture
  • Bird C/Red Avadavat
  • Bird D/Magpie
  • Bird E/Sunda Whistling Thrush

Parrot (Bird A)
This is The End's parrot. There is only one chance to get this bird. If you search very well in the areas where you fight The End you can find that parrot sitting on a log or a ledge. This is also a sign that The End is nearby. Catch it or kill it nonetheless. Thanks to KeyserSoze515 for the following tip. You can find the parrot even if you kill the End.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyserSoze515
I took him (The End) out at the early spot and the parrot was perched on the log where it normally would be at the beginning of Sokrovenno South.
White-Rumped Vulture (Bird B)
You can find this vulture in the Krasnogorrje Mountain Base area. There are a lot of them so you won't have a problem catching one. It is too big to catch one live so you will have to kill it.

Red Avadavat (Bird C)
I have found this bird in a few places. It is in the Graniny Gorki Exterior: Outside Walls area. When you first enter the area, there will be a high grass area. The bird is there. Use the Thermal Goggles to see it better. If it flies away keep re-entering the area until you catch it. The other locations are Svyatogornyj South and Groznyj Grad 1F.

Magpie (Bird D)
I found this at the Dremuchij North area during the Virtuous mission. Look at the trees and you will find one sitting to the right of the exit area.

Sunda Whistling Thrush (Bird E)
Another bird that can be found randomly. But I have located this at the same area like above. This is found when you first enter the area. At the first intersection, at the tree. I have also seen it at the Rassvet area when you first meet Ocelot. It can be found either at the top of the building or the red steel bars.

FISH

• Fish A/Bigeye Trevally
  • Fish B/Maroon Shark
  • Fish C/Arowana

Bigeye Trevally (Fish A)
After the fight with the Pain, you will reach a river area called the Ponizovje South. This where you can find it. It is a very small fish so look carefully.

Maroon Shark (Fish B)
This one can be found during the fight with the Pain. There are many many of them in these waters.

Arowana (Fish C)
You first find this one when you reach the swamp area Chyornyj Prud. It can also be found in the areas where you found the other fishes.

THL sig by Red_Rebel44!
Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Guide & Roadmap

Looking for some SKILLED and DEDICATED players to boost the Call of Duty: Ghosts Extinction mode trophies. Please add me if you are interested. Blank requests will not be accepted. PS3 only!

Last edited by ZOLANTON; 11-13-2011 at 10:29 AM.
ZOLANTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   The Silver Lining   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Word of Mouth - Bronze   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   5,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Silver   Rockets Must Have Died   A+ Thread Award   Bronze Submission   Bright Idea!

OTHER ANIMALS

• Bat/Vampire Bat
  • Crab/Kenyan Mangrove Crab
  • Gavial/Indian Gavial
  • Markhor/Markhor
  • Nest/Baltic Hornet's Nest
  • Rabbit/European Rabbit
  • Rat/Rat
  • Scorpion/Emperor Scorpion
  • Spider/Cobalt Blue Tarantula
  • Squirrel/Japanese Flying Squirrel
  • Tchnko/Tsuchinoko

Vampire Bat
Found in the caves after the fight with Ocelot. You seriously can’t miss them.

Kenyan Mangrove Crab
You can find these the instant you fall in the caves after your fight with Ocelot. Use your Motion Sensor to spot them easily.

Indian Gavial
These are the crocodile-like repltiles. You can find them in the second area in the Virtuous Mission in the swamp (you can’t really miss them) as well as in the Chyornyj Prud area which is another swamp.

Markhor
This is a goat. You can find plenty of these at the areas where you fight with the End. You can’t capture one alive so you will have to kill it. You can also find one at the area after the fight with The Sorrow.

Baltic Hornet's Nest
Since a Hornet’s nest is full of Hornets (obviously) I though of putting this in this section. You can find them in a lot of locations but the first one is during the Virtuous Mission where you can actually see one during a cutscene (Dolinovodno). Another area is during your fight with Ocelot.

European Rabbit
I have found this at the Fear’s and Ocelot’s areas. You can surely find one in the Bolshaya Past Crevice area.

Rat
Many places where you can find one. In your cell after you have been captured there is always one. Hide in different places and you will find a lot of them.

Emperor Scorpion
There are a lot of scorpions in the Krasnogorrje Mountain Base area. You can find them literally everywhere. Use the motion sensor and you will find a lot.

Cobalt Blue Tarantula
You can find this spider in a lot of areas. Krasnogorrje Mountain Base, the house where you meet with EVA in the same area and Ponizovje Warehouse: Exterior are some of these areas.

Japanese Flying Squirrel
This can be a hard to find but luckily there are two confirmed areas. The first is at the very first area of the Snake Eater mission. You can see one if you look at the trees. The other is the Graniny Gorki South, but before you face the Fear.

Tsuchinoko
The mythical serpent. This is the hardest animal to find in the game. Why? Because you can’t see it lying anywhere. You need to catch it by placing Mouse Traps. I have catched one after many tried in two areas. The first is the area where you kill the Fear. The other is the area after the fight with The Sorrow. Start placing Mouse Traps all over the area and then get out of that area. Return and check your traps. With some luck you will have catched one. If not rinse and repeat.

FRUITS

• Fruit A/Yabloko Moloko
  • Fruit B/Russian False Mango
  • Fruit C/Golova

Yabloko Moloko (Fruit A)
This is a red fruit found that you can find in many areas and firstly at the Dremuchij North. You can go to the northwest part of the map and look at the trees to find some

Russian False Mango (Fruit B)
This is a yellow fruit. You can firstly find these during the Virtous Mission in the Dremuchij South. Just look at the trees and shoot them down to gather them.

Golova (Fruit C)
Another fruit that can be found in the Dremuchij North area during the Virtuous mission. It's on the tree right before the Yabloko Moloko fruit.

OTHER FRUITS

• Vegetable/Vine Melon

Vine Melon
I found this vegetable in the Svytagornyj South area which is the area before the battle with the End commences. It's near a tree after you exit the warehouse.

MUSHROOMS

• Mushroom A/Russian Oyster
  • Mushroom B/Ural Luminescent
  • Mushroom C/Siberian Ink Cap
  • Mushroom D/Fly Agaric
  • Mushroom E/Russian Glow Cap
  • Mushroom F/Spatsa
  • Mushroom G/Baikal Scaly Tooth

Russian Oyster (Mushroom A)
As soon as you start the game go to the log on the left. The Mushroom will be there.

Ural Luminescent (Mushroom B)
Found this at the Svytagornyj West area, right before you fight the End. Go all the way to the left and you will find a muddy place. On a tree near there is this Mushroom.

Siberian Ink Cap (Mushroom C)
You can find this mushroom at many many places including the first area of the game, just where you start from.

Fly Agaric (Mushroom D)
I found this Mushroom in the Graniny Gorki South area BEFORE the battle with The Fear. If you have trouble finding it because it's too dark, use the Thermal Goggles.

Russian Glow Cap (Mushroom E)
This is the mushroom you can find in the caves before and after the battle with The Pain. The area I first found it was Chyornya Peschera Cave Branch. You can also get it after beating the Pain when you are almost at the riverside.

Spatsa (Mushroom F)
After you exit the warehouse to go and fight The End, you will enter an area called Svytagornyj South. This is where you will find this mushroom. It is near the first tree.

Baikal Scaly Tooth (Mushroom G)
Same area like the Spatsa but on another tree.

OTHER FOOD

• C Mate/Calorie Mate
  • Noodles/Instant Noodles
  • Ration/Russian Ration

I have heard that these aren't needed for the rank but I will list them nonetheless.

Calorie Mate
Given to you at the start of the missions.

Instant Noodles
Given to you by EVA after meeting with her on the mountain.

Russian Ration
Can be found in many places and lockers.

MEDICAL PLANTS

These ARE needed for the rank and they will appear in the Cure menu not as plants.

All of them can be found in the same place and that is Svytagornyj South.

Styptic Plant
Svytagornyj South search the area with the Thermal Goggles.

Cold Medicine Plant
I firstly found that on Dremuchij East area. First area of Snake Eater mission.

Disinfectant Plant

Splint Plant

THL sig by Red_Rebel44!

Looking for some SKILLED and DEDICATED players to boost the Call of Duty: Ghosts Extinction mode trophies. Please add me if you are interested. Blank requests will not be accepted. PS3 only!

Last edited by ZOLANTON; 11-10-2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

LOCATIONS

Ctrl + F is your friend

This section is still under work. Need to add the rest of the animals/plants and to put them in alphabetical order in each area.

Virtuous Mission

Dremuchij South
Cold Medicine Plant
Disinfectant Plant
Rabbit/European Rabbit
Snake G/Giant Anaconda
Bird D/Magpie
Markhor/Markhor
Snake H/Reticulated Python
Mushroom A/Russian Oyster

Dremuchij Swampland
Nest/Baltic Hornet's Nest
Fruit C/Golova
Gavial/Indian Gavial
Bird D/Magpie

Dremuchij North
Fruit C/Golova
Snake F/Green Tree Python
Bird D/Magpie
Frog A/Otton Frog

Dolinovodno

Rassvet
Rat/Rat

Operation Snake Eater

Dremuchij East
Cold Medicine Plant
Disinfectant Plant
Squirrel/Japanese Flying Squirrel
Frog A/Otton Frog

Dremuchij North
Snake G/Giant Anaconda
Fruit C/Golova
Snake A/King Cobra
Bird D/Magpie
Frog A/Otton Frog

Chyornyj Prud
Fish C/Arowana
Snake D/Coral Snake
Fruit C/Golova
Gavial/Indian Gavial
Snake E/Milk Snake
Frog A/Otton Frog
Frog C/Poison Dart Frog

Bolshaya Past South

Bolshaya Past Base
Rat/Rat

Bolshaya Past Crevice
Snake D/Coral Snake
Rabbit/European Rabbit
Snake A/King Cobra

Chyomaya Peschera Cave Branch
Crab/Kenyan Mangrove Crab
Fish B/Maroon Shark
Frog A/Otton Frog
Rat/Rat
Mushroom E/Russian Glow Cap

Chyomaya Peschera Cave
Fish C/Arowana
Snake G/Giant Anaconda
Fish B/Maroon Shark
Frog A/Otton Frog

Chyomaya Peschera Cave Entrance
Frog A/Otton Frog
Frog C/Poison Dart Frog
Rat/Rat
Fruit B/Russian False Mango

Ponizovje South
Fish C/Arowana
Fish A/Bigeye Trevally
Bird D/Magpie
Fish B/Maroon Shark

Ponizovje West
Fish C/Arowana
Fish A/Bigeye Trevally
Spider/Cobalt Blue Tarantula
Fish B/Maroon Shark

Ponizovje Warehouse: Exterior
Fish A/Bigeye Trevally
Fish B/Maroon Shark

Ponizovje Warehouse
Rat/Rat

Graniny Gorki South
Rabbit/European Rabbit
Mushroom D/Fly Agaric
Squirrel/Japanese Flying Squirrel
Bird D/Magpie
Frog C/Poison Dart Frog

Graniny Gorki Lab Exterior
Cold Medicine Plant
Disinfectant Plant
Snake E/Milk Snake
Rat/Rat
Bird C/Red Avadavat

Graniny Gorky Lab 1F

Graniny Gorky Lab B1 East

Svyatogornyj South
Mushroom G/Baikal Scaly Tooth
Cold Medicine Plant
Disinfectant Plant
Bird D/Magpie
Frog C/Poison Dart Frog
Bird C/Red Avadavat

Svyatogornyj West
Bird D/Magpie

Svyatogornyj East
Rat/Rat

Sokrovenno South
Snake D/Coral Snake
Rabbit/European Rabbit
Fruit C/Golova
Bird D/Magpie
Bird A/Parrot

Sokrovenno West
Snake G/Giant Anaconda
Markhor/Markhor
Frog C/Poison Dart Frog

Sokrovenno North
Rabbit/European Rabbit
Markhor/Markhor

Krasnogorje Tunnel
Frog A/Otton Frog
Rat/Rat

Krasnogorje Mountain Base
Scorpion/Emperor Scorpion

Krasnogorje Mountainside

Krasnogorje Mountaintop
Rat/Rat

Krasnogorje Mountaintop Ruins

Groznyj Grad Underground Tunnel
Rat/Rat

Groznyj Grad 1F
Fish A/Bigeye Trevally
Frog A/Otton Frog
Rat/Rat
Bird C/Red Avadavat

Groznyj Grad Sewers
Rat/Rat

Tikhogomyj
Fish C/Arowana
Fish A/Bigeye Trevally
Cold Medicine Plant
Snake G/Giant Anaconda
Markhor/Markhor
Frog A/Otton Frog

Tikhogomyj: Behind Waterfall
Mushroom D/Fly Agaric
Rat/Rat

Zaozyorje South
Fruit B/Russian False Mango

Zaozyorje North
Cold Medicine Plant
Disinfectant Plant
Fruit C/Golova
Bird D/Magpie
Frog A/Otton Frog

Rokovoj Bereg
Snake I/Snake Liquid
Snake J/Snake Solid
Snake K/Snake Solidus

THL sig by Red_Rebel44!

Last edited by ZOLANTON; 11-12-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

You're missing three snakes in the last area for the last post. I know they're listed earlier but you might want to add them anyways to the last area.

Snake Solid (Snake J)
Snake Liquid (Snake I)
Snake Solidus (Snake K)

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Last edited by snake2410; 11-10-2011 at 03:02 PM.
snake2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner

Another ace guide , I'll be using this when I get my copy next year.
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then read these Road Map, Trophy Guide and Guide Supplement before you start and use the Guide Template Generator. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake2410 View Post
You're missing three snakes in the last area for the last post. I know they're listed earlier but you might want to add them anyways to the last area.

Snake Solid (Snake J)
Snake Liquid (Snake I)
Snake Solidus (Snake K)
Yes, the last section is still under work. Due to an illness of mine I decided to stop for this noon. I will edit the rest in the afternoon or tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Another ace guide , I'll be using this when I get my copy next year.
Thank you Termy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Take your time with this as your health is more important .

THL sig by Red_Rebel44!

Last edited by ZOLANTON; 11-10-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner

Take your time with this as your health is more important .
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then read these Road Map, Trophy Guide and Guide Supplement before you start and use the Guide Template Generator. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS

Last edited by Terminator; 11-10-2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Rephrased.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOLANTON View Post
Yes, the last section is still under work. Due to an illness of mine I decided to stop for this noon. I will edit the rest in the afternoon or tomorrow.

Thank you Termy

Sorry, I hope you feel better very soon but don't rush yourself. Being sick sucks. I just thought I'd mention it. The info is in your first post I believe anyways so its not like its a huge deal.

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

snake2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission

Great Job. Feel Better

^Click for My Custom Trophy Card^
HellSpawn137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:14 AM   #10 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Helping Hand   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Gold   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Bronze Road Map Submitter   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

You mention not to kill The End early to get his parrot, but you can kill him and still get the bird. I took him out at the early spot and the parrot was perched on the log where it normally would be at the beginning of Sokrovenno South.

edit: Also, the log in Dremuchij North with the thermal goggles is to the right of the exit.

Last edited by Keyser Soze; 11-13-2011 at 03:15 AM.
Keyser Soze is online now   Reply With Quote