Rate the trophy difficulty...  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_5.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.76

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could easily vote on this one too, considering I've done every trophy this game has to offer back on PS2. I'd vote a 3 or a 4 just because those frogs are a royal pain, but otherwise its an easy platinum. With no difficulty or foxhound run trophies you could run through the game on very easy or easy and get the majority if not all of it done in one playthrough. Not voting until I plat it though of course.

:applause:i voted a 4 now yes i played though on easy but back on the ps2 i tryed all the modes. its not really all that hard just have to take your time. hardest thing is shooting all them frogs.food was easy did most of all of it with out even trying. on to peace walker next, then mg2

Just Platinumed! I gave it a straight 3. If you do two playthroughs and concentrate on getting markhor and no kills and then throw in no alerts you get four items that make the frog shooting a cakewalk. The only really tough part is the fourth bike chase sections frog, thats the only really painful one to get. Otherwise this was one of the easiest plats I've ever got, and I could've probably gone lower.

Edited by snake2410

I gave this one a 3. Being able to play on any difficulty really drops the rating, and if you've played the game on PS2, you likely know how and where to earn all the trophies.

If you've never played MGS3 before you may have a harder time with boss strategy or finding the best route through certain levels. There are a lot of collection trophies, but depending on your play style you will probably earn most of them without going out of your way. There are only three snakes and one "myhtical serpent" that may elude you.

Kerotan frogs on the other hand will likely require a guide as some are in places you may not even know about. The frogs are the only part that will give most people any trouble, especially the on rails segments. Fortunatly collected frogs carry over to your next playthrough if you load a cleared game save.

You can get the (P) in one playthrough, but I would plan on two.

Edited by Keyser Soze
spelling

Got the platinum and voted a 5. The last few frogs are pretty difficult. Specifically I had a hard time getting the one between the barricades. Reloading your file after you miss one is a huge pain. You can platinum the game in one playthrough

4/10

Overall very easy. If you haven't played this game to death back in the PS2 days (like I did), there are very detailed guides for every collectible on GameFAQs, so getting all the camos, face paints, food etc. should be a breeze. The bosses are also easily defeated non-lethally, so "Peace Walker", despite sounding hard, is a walk in the park as well.

The only more demanding trophy is "It's not easy being green" because it's very easy to miss the frogs during the motorcycle escape. Also there are some food items that appear only in certain areas (like the parrot or the Solid/Liquid/Solidus snakes) you can't go back to, so if you miss them and save later, you're screwed and have to start all over again. I still remembered from my PS2 days where to find all the food, but it can prove annoying for people new to the game.

3. Very easy trophies. Nothing difficult. I have beaten this game countless time on the PS2, that I didn't a guide now. Almost everything gotten in a single play. Except for the face water :( Had to do half of a play to get it. I totally forgot about that face. Good thing it's MGS so no problem playing again :p

For some reason, in the area before Ocelot fight, I did put everyone to sleep and one guard was sleeping next to one of the oil drums in the south part, then I started to shoot the chopper(like I was have done on PS2) with the machine gun located on north. The recoil of the weapon made it to shoot the oil drum, and the guard died. He had blood all over it, and no sign of still being sleep(zzz on top of his head). I said damn to myself, I shouldn't have done that. I said, I'll try the PW trophy next playthrough then. But when I got the results screen, I got all of the trophies, including the PW trophy. I don't know what the...was going on, but I'm happy I got it. I only needed a playthrough and a half.

Sucks there wasn't a trophy for beating the game on Extreme.

I voted a 6.

Sure, the trophies are not very difficult, but the higher up (gold especially) trophies are VERY easily missable.

If you go for a 1 playthough platinum, you have to follow multiple guides to a T and one little mistake will require an entire playthrough over again.

there is nothing to show what frogs you have collected, if you miss one, or save after getting one, and reload before entering a new area... Playthough 2 is immenent.

After taking that into consideration, the 1 playthough platinum is based purely on luck and superhuman dilligance, not skill or previous expeierience.

I have played through MGS3 sooo many times on the ps2, but I wouldn't be able to recall half of the Kerotan locations with a gun to my head.

For the risk of so easily missing trophies on this game, I give it a 6.

I gave it a 2. The only reason it got that and not a 1 was because the last 2 frogs in the driving section took me more than a few resets, and it got really frustrating to have to rely on the luck of if getting shot at random times each try would move my aim off or not within the few seconds I could hit the frogs.

Otherwise, it's extremely easy to get a one playthrough platinum. I used the guide in the other thread here, and it was only missing one Snake Eye event. So you can use that and still be pretty easily done with it all in one run. I just need to replay to get my infinity paint because I was in a hurry and forgot to recapture the snake, and then I'll be done with this for good.

EDIT: Just got my platinum a bit ago. That second playthrough just for the infinity paint only took a little over an hour and a half. Still an extremely easy platinum if you need a second run like I did.

Edited by child of lileth

• 3 weeks later...