Cross platform question

From the stickied Guide :(:

Section 2.1 - Data Transferring

One of the abilities with the Vita version of this game is you can transfer your data to your PS3 and play the game on your PS3 if you wish; there are a few things you should know about this however. The first one to be able to transfer your data is you need to be connected to the PSN when you make your first save. Then when you transfer your data, the data on your Vita will be locked from earning trophies but you will be able to earn trophies while you play on the PS3. You can continue to earn trophies on your Vita only after you transfer your data back. Now here comes the big part; if you data transfer there is a chance you will not earn trophies. To prevent this problem I advise you play strictly on your Vita as there is no definitive answer for what causes the trophies to not be earned.

well thats a kick in the balls. I was looking forward to getting this for my vita as I dont have much time to play my ps3 these days! and when i do i've got a few games left to complete!

I'm wondering if that means i could play MGS3, as i have 0% on it so far and no save file, but its on my list from booting it up and looking. my MGS2 however is about 67% complete so I'll have to stick to the ps3 for that one!

Remote play would be so awesome for ps3, as it wouldnt be an issue then!