Metal Gear HD Collection On Sale Today (4/29) for $8.99 on Vita. Is it worth it?

Basically what the title says.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will be on sale for the Vita this week starting today for $8.99. Do you think it warrants the price?

Also, confession...I've played games since I was the age of five (my first system was a Super Nintendo when it first came out).

Although I was a Nintendo kinda' guy, after the N64 disappointed me with it's lineup, I switched to a PS2 (you can thank the Final Fantasy franchise for that swap). I've been a Sony guy ever since.

Anyway, the confession is...despite my lengthy history with games...I've actually never played a Metal Gear Solid game! DUN DUN DUNNNNN!!!!!

I know, what a horror story, right? Well, actually...I think I played a Demo of one for the original Playstation from a demo disc from Pizza Hut or something...but yeah...Don't hurt mez! :p

Basically what the title says.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will be on sale for the Vita this week starting today for $8.99. Do you think it warrants the price?

Also, confession...I've played games since I was the age of five (my first system was a Super Nintendo when it first came out).

Although I was a Nintendo kinda' guy, after the N64 disappointed me with it's lineup, I switched to a PS2 (you can thank the Final Fantasy franchise for that swap). I've been a Sony guy ever since.

Anyway, the confession is...despite my lengthy history with games...I've actually never played a Metal Gear Solid game! DUN DUN DUNNNNN!!!!!

I know, what a horror story, right? Well, actually...I think I played a Demo of one for the original Playstation from a demo disc from Pizza Hut or something...but yeah...Don't hurt mez! :p

MGS was my favorite series as a young-in. Now, 23, i went to re-play the HD collection on Xbox 360 and never brought myself to finish it. I just recently bought a vita and i might purchase these. If the trophy list for MGS 2 is like the achievement list from xbox360, MGS2 will be a hard platinum.

I think MGS3 is kinda an easy platinum, though.

I just wonder if the ports are just as good as the originals. At 8.99 for 2 games (maybe 3, if peacewalker is included) and the ports are playable, then i think its worth it.

MGS 1 and 3 were my favorite games in the PS1/PS2 era. I dont like Raiden (character) that much, so MGS2 was a let-down. But if the character was Snake and it kept the same exact gameplay, i know i would've liked it more.

As far as I know, MGS games either quickly become hated, or leave an indelible mark. In my case, I tried MGS1, then I had to play MGS2, then MGS3, then MGS4, then the rest. Right now, MGS5 is the game I'm anticipating the most.

So, there are these two possibilities:

- You dislike the games, therefore losing $9.

- You save $9, maybe missing two masterpieces.

Long story short: for that price, it's a no-brainer IMHO. MGS does test your patience every now and then, but don't let early judgments to arise. Let us know about your decision. :)