Double trophies on PS3 and Vita?

I just plat the MGS2 on Vita, I read some articles saying I can use the data transfer function to get the platinum again on PS3. Has anyone done it? how does it work exactly?

I totally don't mind to buy the MGS HD game on PS3 to double my trophies without playing through them again. I think I totally deserved the treat after going through those unforgettable VR levels.

I just plat the MGS2 on Vita, I read some articles saying I can use the data transfer function to get the platinum again on PS3. Has anyone done it? how does it work exactly?

I totally don't mind to buy the MGS HD game on PS3 to double my trophies without playing through them again. I think I totally deserved the treat after going through those unforgettable VR levels.

Transfarring is for pussies.

Yea, I got the plat on PS3 and then went to figure out how to transfar (call me a pussy :p), if I'd known that it'd auto pop the VR trophies then I probably wouldn't have done it (even though a part of me was glad that I didn't have to do those cursed VR missions again).

It's really easy to do, the game gives you step by step instructions on how to do it. Only a few trophies auto pop, like the VR missions (doing one will make all three trophies pop). The "do X things" trophies will pop after doing just one (except fot the steam pipe kills for some reason). The Dog Tag trophies will not pop and will need to be done again, as will the stealth playthrough trophy.

Snake Tales will pop after loading a single episode (I think, can't really remember).

You'll need to do a legit playthough anyway for the Digital Camera as well, since that trophy will only 'check' for it once you get it.

That's all I can think of for now.

It's really easy to do, the game gives you detailed instructions on how to do it.

Let me know if you have more specific questions.

Here you go, I've made this super easy for you :p

Just a note, some trophies (like the dog tag trophies) can't be unlocked this way, but you should be able to transfar a save file right before the final boss/trophy conditions are met and complete them on the other platform. I'm not sure, I kind of did mine accidently :o

Trophies that will pop straight away:

Piece of Cake (B) - Complete a VR or Alternative mission - Pops after playing a single VR mission (regardless of score)

Virtually Impossible (G) - Complete all VR and Alternative missions - Pops after playing a single VR mission (regardless of score)

In It to Win It (S) - Place first in 50 different VR/Alternative missions - Pops after playing a single VR mission (regardless of score)

Tell Me a Tale (S) - Complete all Snake Tales - Yes, load a single episode.

Trophies that will pop with minimal effort:

Bye Bye Big Brother (B) - Destroy 15 cameras - Pops after destroying a single camera

Don't Taze Me, Bro (B) - Tranquilize 100 enemies - Pops after Tranq'ing a single enemy

Nothing Personal (B) - Break the neck of 30 enemies - Pops after breaking the neck of one enemy

Rent Money (B) - Beat 30 enemies unconscious - Pops after knocking a single enemy unconscious

Silence is Golden (B) - Shoot 10 enemy radios - Pops after shooting a single radio

Steamed (B) - Kill 5 enemies with pipe steam - Should theoretically pop after a single steam kill, but didn't for me...

Love Hurts (B) - Watch Rose kill Raiden on a rooftop - No, but since you've already beaten the game you can do it right off the bat.

No Boss of Mine (S) - Complete Boss Survival - No, but since you've already beaten the game you can do it right off the bat.

Trophies that will not carry over from your previous save:

Extremely Solid (P) - Collect all trophies - Definitely does not pop...

Animal Control (B) - Collect a dog tag - No

Down in Smoke (B) - Disorient an enemy with a cloud of smoke from a fire extinguisher - No

Vamp Eyer (B) - Catch a glimpse of Vamp standing in the streets of New York during the end cinematic - No

To Catch a Predator (B) - Lure a guard with a girlie magazine - No

Sexting (B) - Send Otacon a picture of the marine with no pants - No

Hurt Locker (B) - Put an enemy in a locker - No

Thanks, Ames (B) - Learn the location of the president - No

I Think You Need a Hug, E (B) - Find Emma Emmerich - No

Sharing Is Caring (B) - Befriend Olga Gurlukovich - No

Johnny on the Spot (B) - Hear Johnny's bowel noises in two locations - No

Kissing Booth (B) - Kiss a poster in a locker - No

Yorkie (B) - Get the bandana - No, you'll have to collect all Tags necessary again. Since you've already collected them, you'll need to do these trophies on a seperate save file.

Poodle (B) - Get the Tanker stealth suit - No [see Yorkie]

Beagle (B) - Get the brown wig - No [see Yorkie]

Shiba Inu (B) - Get the Plant stealth suit - No [see Yorkie]

St. Bernard (B) - Get the orange wig - No [see Yorkie]

Snake Beater (B) - Get caught by Otacon stimulating yourself - No

Bohemian Candidate (B) - Meet President James Johnson - No

Bomb Squad (B) - Learn how to defuse C4 bombs from Peter Stillman - No

Spaghetti Cinema (B) - Meet Revolver - No

Photo Finish (B) - Acquire the digital camera - No, and since you've already unlocked it, you'll have to unlock it again on a seperate save file. See [Yorkie]

Steel Grip (B) - Attain grip level 3 - No, and since you've already unlocked it, you'll have to unlock it again on a seperate save file. See [Yorkie]

Lights Out (B) - Defeat Olga Gurlukovich - No

Party's Over (B) - Defeat Fatman - No

No-Fly Zone (B) - Destroy the AV-88 Harrier II - No

No Ray, José (B) - Defeat Metal Gear RAY - No

Another Snake Bites the Dust (B) - Defeat Solidus Snake - No

Vampire Slayer (B) - Defeat Vamp - No

Who Ya Gonna Call? (S) - Take a clear photograph of the ghost image in Hold No. 2 - No

Moving Day (S) - Collect all boxes - No, and since you've already unlocked it, you'll have to unlock it again on a seperate save file. See [Yorkie]

Complete Stealth (G) - Clear the game without entering alert mode (not including events where alert mode is mandatory) - No

Great Dane (G) - Collect all dog tags - No [see Yorkie]

A Cut Above (G) - Beat the Tanker and Plant chapters on any difficulty - No

Edited by Metdevil

wow this is super! Thank thou very much for the detail guide.

I was concerning about this transfer thing the whole day. Because I think I didn't login my psn account when I create my first save of the main story. Neither to the Snake tales and the VR missions.

I read that the save cannot be transferred if my save was made without signing into my psn account. So I guess I will have no trophies to transfer from vita to ps3. Please correct me if I am wrong. I really wish I was wrong.

I haven't bought the ps3 hd version yet and I probably won't buy it if I can't transfer my trophies. Just don't want to do them again. I still have quite a big backlog to finish on ps3 before buying a ps4.

*snip*

While there are definitely problems with the transfarring feature most people have been able to transfer most of the trophies you said don't carry over.

I attempted to transfer three trophies and only two actually went through. St. Bernard and Great Dane both popped as soon as I transferred the save file but Tell Me A Tale wouldn't unlock after trying to transfer two different files, even after replaying an entire episode.

wait, so i can earn certain trophies like Virtually impossible on ps3 just by playing it on VITA?

You'll need both copies of the game and you'll have to transfer the saves, but yes you can. Keep in mind that VR and Snake Tales have separate save files from the rest of the game when you transfer.

For what it's worth, most people would rather do VR on PS3 and transfer to Vita. The small screen and touchy sticks make it much more difficult on Vita.

Edited by Keyser Soze

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...