Jeff A Saylor Jr Dog Tag

Hi guys, I cannot find info on this anywhere. I've just started Very Easy on Tanker and got to where you see the shadow of Raven. Now I looked around the lockers and didn't pay attention to Jeff Saylor who is supposed to be behind the door on the left, and he disappeared. According to the gamefaqs guide, he should be right behind the door looking over the ledge but I cannot find him even after reloading the game.

Is/was that the ONLY opportunity to get his dog tag? Must I start the play through again and have only that 1 opportunity to hold him up?

Thanks

There are a few "one time" Dog Tag opportunities, and it has nothing to do with dieing or going into Alert. If you save the level, quit and reload it he will be there again. If you have a previous save you can reload that as well.

There is also another one time Dog Tag on the other side of the engine room, before you get to the lasers. He will talk on his radio for a moment and then he takes off.

Does he leave after a while, I was searching around the area of Raven's shadow when I first got there and I think he may have left and never to return.

Yes, he's not there for very long. If you go to check the lockers and come back it will be too late. Get his Dog Tag before you go near the lockers. There's nothing important over there anyway so you can skip it. I usually grab him and drag him inside the door before I hold him up so I have more room to get in front him.

The first time I went into the engine room, looked at raven for too long and he left, I saved and reloaded that save and he still wasn't there. I tried this about 10 times.

The previous save I reloaded was before I went into the engine room at all, and he was there once I entered.

So he may only appear the very FIRST time you enter.

I can confirm this as well. At no stage did he (guy who stands with his back to the door and yawns) appear in the engine room at first instance or a loaded save on very easy difficulty. He just never is there.

Not really that important since stealth only requires 80 or so dog tags.

I'm doing a normal playthrough on plant now and I'm following the gamefaqs dogtag guide. I've just entered Strut C Dining Hall to get Sensor B. Now in the guide, it says that there are 2 guards in here.

Those guards just do not appear for me. Am I to get these 2 guards after I kill Fatman?

Copy Paste from guide. All credit to ZeroVirus.

Freeze the bomb, it's behind the locker door in the north-

west of the room. Exit to BC connecting bridge. Take down the

Cypher. Enter Strut C Dining Hall.

010 :: Maarkus Huedgen is coming down the corridor towards you. Wait just

in the entrance way to the mens toilets (on the left). When he

stops at the corner, he turns and faces east. Run out and ambush

him.

009 :: Chuoc Shan Lam is the guy walking around in the canteen area. He

patrols all of it, so wait outside a door and wait for a good

opportunity to run in and rob him.

They are just not there at all.

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is old, but I wanted to add a bit of info for anyone else who was annoyed with Jeff A Saylor Jr dog tag like I was.

On my first playthrough of the game, I was quite rusty since I hadn't played the game in a long time and didn't remember the exact layout of the tanker. So I entered the engine room and then immediately ran back out to go to a different area. Upon returning Jeff never showed up, so if you ever get stuck on this dog tag, remember that even if you never get near Jeff (as in he doesn't show up on Soliton Radar), you've still used up your "one time chance" to see him.

Basically, whenever you enter the engine room the first time, get that dog tag before leaving, even if you have no intentions of progressing through the mission, get that tag!

Edited by Chocoburger