XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 04-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
SincereTheRebel

Default Update v1.02 03/04/2012

Just had to download 1.02 at 72mb for mgs hd. Any idea what it addresses, im from the uk. I thought it would fit this form better than peace walker or mgs3 as it seems to be more active
SincereTheRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Xernova

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Oh, there's a patch out? I'm guessing it's meant to fix this;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheapathic View Post
Section 02.1 - EU/PAL
WARNING: There is a bug in the game for people with the EU/PAL version of the game. If the game is played on a standard definition tv, there is a possibility that the game will bug out. The game bugs by not rendering the boxes on the conveyor belt on Strut E. This will make the game unbeatable on the Hard and Extreme difficulty levels. To mitigate this problem, you should play on a HD TV with HD cables and your resolution set to 720p. Not playing in 720p resolution can also lead to Johnny on the Spot not popping, so it's best to always play in that resolution.
But I haven't seen a statement about this patch yet. Even so, this problem was reported to Konami and they responded they were looking into it, so I assume that's what the patch is for.

If you feel like adding me, read this first:

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Xernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #3
SincereTheRebel

I thought it may address that issue. It did not affect me so i will have to wait for somebody that it did affect to give some feedback if it did correct the bugs
SincereTheRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #4
GaKiDo

i ll try to see if there are effects on the game

Last edited by GaKiDo; 04-04-2012 at 01:29 AM.
GaKiDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:20 AM   #5
GaKiDo

i just tried STRUT E , with an SD configuration nothing changed the same problem is still there and the game is still unbeatable
seriously this is starting to get on nerves 2 months and not even a good patch to adress this issues , Shame on you Konami

after searching the net the patch is for : "Apparently it removes the option to exit back to the game select menu from Peace Walker. No one seems to know why its been removed though."

Good job people wait two months and they give them this BS joke , n to think they sold 1.06 million of this poor SD players

Last edited by GaKiDo; 04-04-2012 at 01:38 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:39 AM   #6
snake2410

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaKiDo View Post
i just tried STRUT E , with an SD configuration nothing changed the same problem is still there and the game is still unbeatable
seriously this is starting to get on nerves 2 months and not even a good patch to adress this issues , Shame on you Konami

after searching the net the patch is for : "Apparently it removes the option to exit back to the game select menu from Peace Walker. No one seems to know why its been removed though."

Good job people wait two months and they give them this BS joke , n to think they sold 1.06 million of this poor SD players
The US also got a patch, 1.2, but we already had one at launch that removed the exit option in peace walker so this one might be something else.

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

snake2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:23 AM   #7
Maotti88

Darn it! I was hoping for a patch where they would include missing modes from the Substance/Subsistence versions respectively.
Maotti88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:27 AM   #8
GaKiDo

No the modes are another story of licence , because of the releasing in Xbox360 they had to cancel , Skate MGS2 (PS2 only in substance) , snake vs apes (sony licence) , secret theater(the theater of MGS jokes in MGS3 ) , Duel (i don't know why for this one just stupid) etc.......
This is the same probleme why MGS twin snakes couldn't be in this collection (Nintendo licenced it as an exclusivity) , so to free themselves from any law problems they just cancel things , but more than this the game is broken if u don't have a 720 p that's where is the big problem

Last edited by GaKiDo; 04-04-2012 at 04:28 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #9
DEDEURM

So no one have an idea about the purpose of this patch except for the "exit" option in PW?
That's crap if it doesn't fix the box problem...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next stop : GTA V = No life anymore, all is lost. Thanks R*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by DEDEURM; 04-04-2012 at 09:12 AM.
DEDEURM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #10
snake2410

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEDEURM View Post
So no one have an idea about the purpose of this patch?
That's crap if it doesn't fix the box problem...
It doesn't fix it from what I've gathered. I'm betting that this patch has been in certification for a while and there will be another one that will fix it. Sony has a long and complex certification process from what I understand.

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

snake2410 is offline   Reply With Quote