Update v1.02 03/04/2012

Oh, there's a patch out? I'm guessing it's meant to fix this;

Section 02.1 - EU/PAL

WARNING: There is a bug in the game for people with the EU/PAL version of the game. If the game is played on a standard definition tv, there is a possibility that the game will bug out. The game bugs by not rendering the boxes on the conveyor belt on Strut E. This will make the game unbeatable on the Hard and Extreme difficulty levels. To mitigate this problem, you should play on a HD TV with HD cables and your resolution set to 720p. Not playing in 720p resolution can also lead to Johnny on the Spot not popping, so it's best to always play in that resolution.

But I haven't seen a statement about this patch yet. Even so, this problem was reported to Konami and they responded they were looking into it, so I assume that's what the patch is for.

i just tried STRUT E , with an SD configuration nothing changed the same problem is still there and the game is still unbeatable

seriously this is starting to get on nerves 2 months and not even a good patch to adress this issues , Shame on you Konami

after searching the net the patch is for : "Apparently it removes the option to exit back to the game select menu from Peace Walker. No one seems to know why its been removed though."

Good job people wait two months and they give them this BS joke , n to think they sold 1.06 million of this poor SD players :(

Edited by GaKiDo

i just tried STRUT E , with an SD configuration nothing changed the same problem is still there and the game is still unbeatable

seriously this is starting to get on nerves 2 months and not even a good patch to adress this issues , Shame on you Konami

after searching the net the patch is for : "Apparently it removes the option to exit back to the game select menu from Peace Walker. No one seems to know why its been removed though."

Good job people wait two months and they give them this BS joke , n to think they sold 1.06 million of this poor SD players :(

The US also got a patch, 1.2, but we already had one at launch that removed the exit option in peace walker so this one might be something else.

No the modes are another story of licence , because of the releasing in Xbox360 they had to cancel , Skate MGS2 (PS2 only in substance) , snake vs apes (sony licence) , secret theater(the theater of MGS jokes in MGS3 ) , Duel (i don't know why for this one just stupid) etc.......

This is the same probleme why MGS twin snakes couldn't be in this collection (Nintendo licenced it as an exclusivity) , so to free themselves from any law problems they just cancel things , but more than this the game is broken if u don't have a 720 p that's where is the big problem

Edited by GaKiDo

So no one have an idea about the purpose of this patch?

That's crap if it doesn't fix the box problem...

It doesn't fix it from what I've gathered. I'm betting that this patch has been in certification for a while and there will be another one that will fix it. Sony has a long and complex certification process from what I understand.

It doesn't fix it from what I've gathered. I'm betting that this patch has been in certification for a while and there will be another one that will fix it. Sony has a long and complex certification process from what I understand.

Yeah I read that somewhere too.

For the launch of the Xbox720 and the PS4 (Orbis), the process might be different.

Developpers want the system to be more open and flexible for the updates and glitches fixing.

We will see...

Edited by DEDEURM

Ok i got the johnny on the spot trophy in my SD tv when i tried it for the first time so maybe 1.02 is for that purpose , i don't know if it is just a coincidence but it worked

I bet it fixed some of the trophy glitches. Next patch will fix the box issues. I'm thinking this patch was already in the works before the reason for the boxes missing was discovered and since they were already nearly done with this patch they held off including it so they could further test their solutions before releasing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...