Hardest VR mission?

Most of the sniper missions are ridiculous. Aside from that the hardest missions for me were the Snake (MGS1) hold up missions. In those Snake has a fully loaded M4 and the PS3 controller is a lot more sensitive than the PS2 controllers, so it's very hard to hold someone up without firing a shot.

I had trouble with MGS1 Snake nikita #5, variety #1 and #3. You really need to get in rhythm to get #1 done. #3 is just an endurance test, you make a mistake and you repeat all over.

I'm currently doing Bomb disposal #5. I've mastered M4 hold ups from Pliskin, so hopefully it's not bad as you guys say it is with MGS1 Snake.

What I want though is to tie the bastard who made MGS1 Snake into a chair and have him play it. Everytime he makes a mistake, he gets 5 fucking lashes with a belt from me. Dude is such an asshole.

Edited by Mr. Marble

Most of the sniper missions are ridiculous. Aside from that the hardest missions for me were the Snake (MGS1) hold up missions. In those Snake has a fully loaded M4 and the PS3 controller is a lot more sensitive than the PS2 controllers, so it's very hard to hold someone up without firing a shot.

Sounds like a pain in the ass... Is it possible to just empty the magazine before starting the mission?

Would it still count for the trophy even if I don't make the top 3 scores?

The silver VR Mission trophiy requires you to be in the #1 spot for 50 missions. The gold VR Mission trophy requires you to clear every mission, your ranking doesn't matter as long as you have a record of clearing the mission.

What do you mean it is very hard to hold someone up with the M4? It is totally impossible to hold someone up with the m4, or is it?

Death and misery to the guy who thought its cool to have aim and shoot on one single button

You have to very lightly press Square to hold someone up with an automatic weapon. The weird thing I find is that you have to kinda hold it for half a second (ish), as if you just very lightly tap it, he'll kinda hold his rifle up and then release. It's a weird rhythm for sure.

EDIT: OH MY GOD I JUST BEAT THE SNIPING LEVEL FINALLY.

I don't get it, though, it seems so weird! Once I got to 30/31, sat there for 40 secs and he didn't come out. I realised at about 5 secs after I decided to take my eye off the box there was a guy literally STANDING STILL on the top floor of the tower. I didn't have pentazemin and I already shaking from nerves that it was too hard to hit him. I could have cried. Many attempts later I finally did it. The last 2 came at the same time and I managed to spam it across them.

I used the PSG1-T for the first half, if anyone's interested. Makes it easier imo.

Edited by Asphyx1ateD

I'm curently on those hold-up missions for MGS1 Snake... just a cupple more and the trophy will be mind:D

I reeeheeheeheealy hate those sniper levels... At one moment there were four guards walking towards the box, and I managed somehow to shoot them all! I was thingking "man, that was epic" and a few secconds later, I lost:( But I got it eventualy:)

The hold-up mission on Deck B (7?) took me so many attempts. When I finally did it, I messed up the 6th guy so I ran to the right and hid there to catch a breather lol, then held him up from the side, then took my time before running out and getting the last 2 guys. I just couldn't do all 8 in a row without messing up (either kept running into 5th/6th guard, not pressing enough to freeze them or just outright shooting!).

I have 7 missions left, which I'll do tomorrow :D Elimination 8 looked VERY hard from what I saw, though. Need to experiment when I have more time.

I'm currently doing Bomb disposal #5. I've mastered M4 hold ups from Pliskin, so hopefully it's not bad as you guys say it is with MGS1 Snake.

What I want though is to tie the bastard who made MGS1 Snake into a chair and have him play it. Everytime he makes a mistake, he gets 5 fucking lashes with a belt from me. Dude is such an asshole.

i hope you really have mastered the m4 hold ups, altough ias i remember, pliskin has an usp, to do the last hold up missions. in my opinion, the real difficult of those missions is the fact that you have to do them with the m4, the location and routes of the guards, i think they are not as complex as tuxedo snake.

also, i think that "bastard" you are talking about is kojima...

Just did level 7... found a M9 in a locker!

level 7?? are you talking about mgs1 snake hold ups??

Of all the vr mission that I completed, the only mission that I had trouble with was MGS1 Snake zako survival (variety mission 3). I had trouble with the 3rd part.

yeah the zako survival... i didt it a few times to the end but the freaking monster beated me 8 or 9 times... hate him. in the end the usp help me get rid of the last plataform to beat him.

What do you mean it is very hard to hold someone up with the M4? It is totally impossible to hold someone up with the m4, or is it?

Death and misery to the guy who thought its cool to have aim and shoot on one single button

it is very posible, in fact, you are going to need it to plat the game.

again, i think is kojima the one you are talking about.

mgs1 snake variety 01, 03, as well as hold ups 04 and 07 were easily the hardest ones to me.

I'm curently on those hold-up missions for MGS1 Snake... just a cupple more and the trophy will be mind:D

I reeeheeheeheealy hate those sniper levels... At one moment there were four guards walking towards the box, and I managed somehow to shoot them all! I was thingking "man, that was epic" and a few secconds later, I lost:( But I got it eventualy:)

Lol yeah happened to me almost every time. I didn't have problems with soldiers storming in in groups but those sneaky solitary bastards always ruined my game!

The sniping missions were surprisingly easy for me, I thought it would be the hardest part for me but that didnt seem to be the case. Also I didnt have any problems aiming with the M4, I guess the 10 years with this game have payed off XD Zako survival took me some attempts because I couldnt hit the target with the stinger and messed up the rythm, then I tryed to shoot down the water bucket and it worked instantly...:o

Just got platinum ( CARE PLISZ ONEONE!!! )

Nah, I'm sure he's not the one responsible for it. I'd still slap him for letting that pass.

maybe, maybe not, but he has stated that he does not want the same level of commitment in future mgs titles, as he has planed things like the patrol route of every single guard on mgs 1 and mgs 2 (he was talking about these 2 games). because of that, it would not seem too risky to think that maybe he was as involved in both vr missions sets.

Isnt there somebody who will has 99.9% of the vr missions completed who will login on your profile and do the last mission so the trophy pops. Similar to what people were doing with gt5 vettel challenges...

Maybe, but do you really want to give away or risk your account for one trophy? Besides where is the fun in that?

+ I wouldn't want to risk a ban from Sony ;/

Maybe, but do you really want to give away or risk your account for one trophy? Besides where is the fun in that?

I believe this game locks its save files to the particular PSN name it was created on and locks you out of even accessing the save from another screen name.

• 6 months later...

Where is the fun of trowing your PS3 out of the window.

The only thing you will achieve is just a little *bling* and lots of misery and frustration.

I like to play my games for fun not for challenge.