About to call it quits on this plat...

I'm about to call it quits on this platinum! After playing all night on hard fighting those cheap Rays, finishing without my orange wig trophy (169), and learning that I need to go onto extreme difficulty... I'm reevaluating this platinum. :confused:

I'm burned out for sure, that much is certain! I platinum-ed MGS3, went for PW but quit that game cause frankly I think it sucks, lol! I have 70% of MGS2 trophies but extreme and these horror stories about the VR are turning me off.

I've platinumed some tough trophies, time consuming trophies. I've done Dead Space 1 twice. I've got Dead Space 2 hardcore done. I've put up with Fallout 3 and NV glitches. I used excel to keep track of plasmids in Bioshock. I soldiered threw MW2 & 3 spec ops. I have some fine plats. I can do difficult plats. I just dont think I can do this plat, lol.

Extreme Rays???:think:

500 VR missions taking 40 hours???:think:

I feel like I got tranked by a M9 dart and tossed in a locker.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The VR missions take 40 hours? Damn, I had this on my to-do list but I'd rather put that 40 into WKC which I'm working on.

It can take anywhere from about 25 hours and up, it all depends on how well you do. There are about 500 VR missions total and the more difficult ones can be very frustrating. It personally took me about 37 hours to do all of them.

Still though, imagine playing Metal Gear: VR Missions on PS1 without YouTube.

I'm not saying this is an easier challenge or anything, but JUST IMAGINE a moment the above scenario and maybe it will help you in your own trial.

Orange wig, can you do on easy, then save the most extreme for last? Or is that not how it works, really?

Good luck.....hopefully you can find the will to stick it out.

I'm not saying this is an easier challenge or anything, but JUST IMAGINE a moment the above scenario and maybe it will help you in your own trial.

Orange wig, can you do on easy, then save the most extreme for last? Or is that not how it works, really?

It'll take you probably a playthrough each of V Easy and Easy to get the Orange Wig alone, add Normal to that for the Stealth. But it does make Hard and Extreme a lot easier to go that way.

As for VR mission times it took me 46 hours, but I also had it on pause several times for a few of those hours.

Why do the VR take so long? To many or to cheap and require repeated efforts?

Combination of both. There are over 500 total, and some are really a pain in the ass to get through. I had two or three that took me around 80 to 90 continues just to finish. Most of the others it took me 2 - 3 tries max but some even more.

Combination of both. There are over 500 total, and some are really a pain in the ass to get through. I had two or three that took me around 80 to 90 continues just to finish. Most of the others it took me 2 - 3 tries max but some even more.

That's it, lol! I'm calling it now! I'm done! Frack!

Well I got MGS3 so that counts for something I guess. I'm going back to Portal 2, lol. A few co-op trophies and I have the plat. I need another plat to make me feel better right now! Lol.

The only ones I used youtube for were the bomb disposal ones (maybe not the hardest out of them but I found them very irritating) and a couple misc ones for mgs1 snake... And for tips on mgs1 snake variety level 1 the guys on youtube were too pro so I googled it and discovered this site

I'd say Peace Walker was harder to plat (for me). Was just addicted at Peace Walker that I didn't want to plat it. I tried to get everything (insignias. maxed weapons, etc), but coudn't for it would take a ridiculous amount of time.( all female crew WTF?)

MGS3 plat was a joke... nuff said.

MGS2. first game I platted in all 3 games

Enjoyed it, but it kinda became a chore (vr)

The only things I didn't like are Ray (extreme) didn't know you can use chaff, so I did mine the hard way, Also hated Solidus, 'cuz I died in a single hit. But I realized that my VERY LOW hp came from solidus choking Raiden. So. I quit, and did the choke scene PROPERLY, and found the Soldus was a joke. The VRs were manageable, but some were pretty annoying. I got first place on all Raiden characters, and the first Snake. After that, I didn't care anymore. I just wanted to finish the game, and start with MGS3

Edited by alec613

I'd say Peace Walker was harder to plat (for me). Was just addicted at Peace Walker that I didn't want to plat it. I tried to get everything (insignias. maxed weapons, etc), but coudn't for it would take a ridiculous amount of time.( all female crew WTF?)

MGS3 plat was a joke... nuff said.

MGS2. first game I platted in all 3 games

Enjoyed it, but it kinda became a chore (vr)

The only things I didn't like are Ray (extreme) didn't know you can use chaff, so I did mine the hard way, Also hated Solidus, 'cuz I died in a single hit. But I realized that my VERY LOW hp came from solidus choking Raiden. So. I quit, and did the choke scene PROPERLY, and found the Soldus was a joke. The VRs were manageable, but some were pretty annoying. I got first place on all Raiden characters, and the first Snake. After that, I didn't care anymore. I just wanted to finish the game, and start with MGS3

exactly how i felt. started off with mgs2, loved it. did dog tag run on very easy then a few VR missions to balance it out and keep it fun. By the end was so bored of doing same things over and over, same VR missions just different characters or different costume with same character. Done it and was happy to move onto snake eater but to be honest I was just fed up with playing PS3 so much that I havent even bothered with peace walker.

Also why is peace walker hardest plat?

Man don't give up, If you can finish the game on hard you can finish it on extreme. Just make multiple saves before bosses and such, I beat the harrier and vamp without taking any damage. You only get two rations max but you get a full heal after each boss fight so just hold off using rations. The rays took me about 15 tries and my winning go took about 12 minutes to complete. It's totally doable and so are the vr missions, took me around 30 hours to do them and only a few of the mgs1 snake missions made me despair. You want this plat its awesome!

Is there any videos for mgs1 snake missions that are not done by somebody who is god mode at the game. Im really struggling with the hold up missions and a few other of the later missions on eliminate all

1. Not really, you can't copy hold up missions from videos anyway, since it's the button sensitivity that's screwing up the whole thing.

My tip is to just get a third party controller or a PS2 controller adapter + PS2 controller since it's much less sensitive.

I had a HORI fighting stick and that worked wonders :D

2. Extreme mode Vamp cheap way.

1. When the battle starts, run to any railing and press :triangle: to hang.

2. Wait for Vamp to approach.

3. When he's close, get ready to press :triangle:

4. When he starts his slashing motion press :triangle:

5. Turn quickly and press :circle: 3x

6. He will jump back into the water. Rinse and repeat.

Should take about 8 minutes and you're in no danger of getting any damage.

Credits to some guy on Neoseeker.

i have an even more cheap way... use the stinger against him XD

it took my 37 hours to finish all the vr missions, but in the end i felt so awesome, my most proud plat right now

I have an even more cheaper tactic i will record and upload when i get to him. Currently stuck on that damn harrier. I usually get it halfway or 3/4ths off its health and die cuz raiden doesnt wanna hang from the railing.