XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 02-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #21
Omnisam

Man don't give up, If you can finish the game on hard you can finish it on extreme. Just make multiple saves before bosses and such, I beat the harrier and vamp without taking any damage. You only get two rations max but you get a full heal after each boss fight so just hold off using rations. The rays took me about 15 tries and my winning go took about 12 minutes to complete. It's totally doable and so are the vr missions, took me around 30 hours to do them and only a few of the mgs1 snake missions made me despair. You want this plat its awesome!
Omnisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #22
SincereTheRebel

Is there any videos for mgs1 snake missions that are not done by somebody who is god mode at the game. Im really struggling with the hold up missions and a few other of the later missions on eliminate all
SincereTheRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:25 AM   #23
YenRou

Send a message via ICQ to YenRou Send a message via MSN to YenRou Send a message via Yahoo to YenRou

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Submission   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
Is there any videos for mgs1 snake missions that are not done by somebody who is god mode at the game. Im really struggling with the hold up missions and a few other of the later missions on eliminate all
1. Not really, you can't copy hold up missions from videos anyway, since it's the button sensitivity that's screwing up the whole thing.

My tip is to just get a third party controller or a PS2 controller adapter + PS2 controller since it's much less sensitive.

I had a HORI fighting stick and that worked wonders

2. Extreme mode Vamp cheap way.

1. When the battle starts, run to any railing and press to hang.
2. Wait for Vamp to approach.
3. When he's close, get ready to press
4. When he starts his slashing motion press
5. Turn quickly and press 3x
6. He will jump back into the water. Rinse and repeat.

Should take about 8 minutes and you're in no danger of getting any damage.

Credits to some guy on Neoseeker.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:02 AM   #24
kyorml007

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YenRou View Post
2. Extreme mode Vamp cheap way.
i have an even more cheap way... use the stinger against him XD

it took my 37 hours to finish all the vr missions, but in the end i felt so awesome, my most proud plat right now

Thanks for the awesome signature Setsuna!
kyorml007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:30 AM   #25
Kagerasimaru

Send a message via Skype™ to Kagerasimaru

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyorml007 View Post
i have an even more cheap way... use the stinger against him XD

it took my 37 hours to finish all the vr missions, but in the end i felt so awesome, my most proud plat right now
I have an even more cheaper tactic i will record and upload when i get to him. Currently stuck on that damn harrier. I usually get it halfway or 3/4ths off its health and die cuz raiden doesnt wanna hang from the railing.
Kagerasimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #26
Omnisam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerasimaru View Post
I have an even more cheaper tactic i will record and upload when i get to him. Currently stuck on that damn harrier. I usually get it halfway or 3/4ths off its health and die cuz raiden doesnt wanna hang from the railing.
For which part of the fight are you hanging on the railing? In my experience (of 7 playthroughs) the only time you want to go on the railing is just before the missles that destroy half the platform land.

For the mgs1 snake eliminate all missions I just snapped necks over and over from a safe spot, they have such good hearing its easy to lure them. If you buy me a HD PVR I'll make easier videos for you to watch haha.
Omnisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #27
snake2410

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerasimaru View Post
I didn't bother with staying upstairs. Found the downstairs method to work far better for me. I would just duck behind the metal box when he was going to shoot his single missle, on the opposite side he was coming from, and when he did his missle barrage I would go half way up the stairs (just past the stair in front of the small pillar you can see in the background) and duck. Missed me every time once I found the right spot.

Then with the machine gun I just equipped a box and circled around the metal box whenever he started to move around it in the harrier. Once I got the right timing down for when to go where I beat him without problems. And another thing you supposedly can do with the stairs is flip up them and Raiden will fall and be invulnerable for a bit, saving you from getting hit at all.

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

snake2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #28
Knob Goblin

Am I correct saying that you don't have to first place all the VR mission to get the "Virtually Impossible" trophy? You just have to complete and it will suffice?
Knob Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #29
Gunnerkrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knob Goblin View Post
Am I correct saying that you don't have to first place all the VR mission to get the "Virtually Impossible" trophy? You just have to complete and it will suffice?
Yes, that's correct (Thank god).
Gunnerkrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #30
DEDEURM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerkrazy View Post
Yes, that's correct (Thank god).
That would be really impossible in the opposite...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next stop : GTA V = No life anymore, all is lost. Thanks R*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEDEURM is offline   Reply With Quote