Johnny on the Spot not popping...

Here is how I did it, you must hear every bit of what johnny says but after he is done, you can skip the scene in the conferance room.

ok wtf i did EVERYTHING EXACTLY AS THE VIDEO SHOWS IT... no trophy. im gonna have to call glitch on this one.

i updated to 1.01, did anyone else do that? i have no idea why the hell its not popping... i even did them both in one sitting without quitting the game. this is most unsettling...

3 playthroughs to go, i may try deleting the patch for my next playthrough. this sucks

Someone has also mentioned on youtube that this is not working for them so there could very will be a glitch here. Il report if more complain about it. If your doing it on the same save and playthrough and do as the video shows then there is no reason why it should not pop so a glitch is quite likely. Here is exactly how I got it without edits and cuts in the vid I made.

I did the conferance room one and then pressed to skip the scene soon after Johnny stopped talking. I then waited until I left the hostage room and saved. It was time for bed so I cam back to it the next day and then carried on to do the second Johnny part.

So, even though it is a long shot, try to save after the first Johnny part where I did. Turn the PS3 on and off and continue to do the second part of the trophy.

Someone has also mentioned on youtube that this is not working for them so there could very will be a glitch here. Il report if more complain about it. If your doing it on the same save and playthrough and do as the video shows then there is no reason why it should not pop so a glitch is quite likely. Here is exactly how I got it without edits and cuts in the vid I made.

I did the conferance room one and then pressed to skip the scene soon after Johnny stopped talking. I then waited until I left the hostage room and saved. It was time for bed so I cam back to it the next day and then carried on to do the second Johnny part.

So, even though it is a long shot, try to save after the first Johnny part where I did. Turn the PS3 on and off and continue to do the second part of the trophy.

ok ill give that method a shot, ive got nothing to lose at this point. im about to run into the conference room for the 3rd time, so we'll see. i also deleted the game update data before i started this playthrough as well, so maybe that will help as well.

but after doing everything the first time (after watching the vid and doing it the second time i realized i did everything perfect the first time thru as well), and again the second, im pretty much certain there is a glitch of some form.

ok this trophy is definitely glitched for me... third time, didnt work. deleting the patch does nothing... i have no fucking clue why this trophy wont pop. i even saved the game after the second johnny encounter when it didnt pop, and did the 2nd encounter again, and it didnt pop. something is wrong here. im very let down because this is one of my favorite games of all time :(

if it doesnt work on my final two playthroughs (im going to try some things differently next time) i may end up having to get this game at gamestop, plow through it in one day and return it, hopefully itll pop then...

It's nothing to do with the patch, I got it after patching.

You have to aim the mic at the right location the moment the speach starts with revolver and keep it there the whole time.

Same before the vamp fight, aim the mic at the tower just a second or 2 before Emma goes behind it and don't move untill you can see her on the other side.

Edited by FiL

It's nothing to do with the patch, I got it after patching.

You have to aim the mic at the right location the moment the speach starts with revolver and keep it there the whole time.

Same before the vamp fight, aim the mic at the tower just a second or 2 before Emma goes behind it and don't move untill you can see her on the other side.

thanks i know, ive done it correctly three times... ;)

and yes its not the patch, as ive already stated.

ive been trying to get it on my kojima pro phat ps3, so im taking the game to my gfs house to try it on my ps3 slim there, hopefully ill get it that way. i'll check back with my results

Edited by billyballs

ok i just got the trophy on my ps3 slim. so there must be some kinda glitch associated with certain ps3s. i did everything exactly the same way as i did the previous 3 times, and got the trophy on my first try.

the one it didnt work on is the gunmetal grey 40gb model, CECH-Hxx (HOA1 i think), and the one it works on is the slim model, CECH-3001B, the 320gb that came with infamous 2.

i may email this to konami, this is definitely hardware related.

ok i just got the trophy on my ps3 slim. so there must be some kinda glitch associated with certain ps3s. i did everything exactly the same way as i did the previous 3 times, and got the trophy on my first try.

the one it didnt work on is the gunmetal grey 40gb model, CECH-Hxx (HOA1 i think), and the one it works on is the slim model, CECH-3001B, the 320gb that came with infamous 2.

i may email this to konami, this is definitely hardware related.

Not really. I have one of the first PS3s (Both fatties, 40GB and the bundled 80GB Metal Gear Solid 4.)

I got the trophy on my first try. Popped once Emma started her walk onto the last Poonton Bridge Section.

Hearing Johnny's entire conversation is not essential. All you have to hear is his "bowl movements."

Not really. I have one of the first PS3s (Both fatties, 40GB and the bundled 80GB Metal Gear Solid 4.)

I got the trophy on my first try. Popped once Emma started her walk onto the last Poonton Bridge Section.

Hearing Johnny's entire conversation is not essential. All you have to hear is his "bowl movements."

well congratulations on getting it on your first try. :applause:

considering i heard his entire conversation both times on 3 consecutive playthroughs on one ps3, and did not get the trophy, and did the same thing on my slim ps3 and got it the first try, tell me what the problem is, oh ps3 hardware guru.

well congratulations on getting it on your first try. :applause:

considering i heard his entire conversation both times on 3 consecutive playthroughs on one ps3, and did not get the trophy, and did the same thing on my slim ps3 and got it the first try, tell me what the problem is, oh ps3 hardware guru.

Cant say but its not a glitched trophy as you are the only one who has encountered the problem out of all of us here.

Also no need to be a smart ass. I was just pointing out how this is not hardware related as I have an older version of the PS3 and it still worked.

Cant say but its not a glitched trophy as you are the only one who has encountered the problem out of all of us here.

Also no need to be a smart ass. I was just pointing out how this is not hardware related as I have an older version of the PS3 and it still worked.

well if you had researched like i did, you would have found that i am indeed not the only one having issues with trophies not popping.

also, there isnt 2 models of ps3 (phat and slim). there are multiple hardware versions of each, and we do not have the same model ps3. not trying to be a smartass, but seriously check your facts before you try to say im wrong.

well if you had researched like i did, you would have found that i am indeed not the only one having issues with trophies not popping.

also, there isnt 2 models of ps3 (phat and slim). there are multiple hardware versions of each, and we do not have the same model ps3. not trying to be a smartass, but seriously check your facts before you try to say im wrong.

Just out of curiosity, do you know the meaning of a glitch?