Rate the trophy difficulty...  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_9.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.92

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

I would easily vote an 8 or more likely a 9 because those VR and Alternate missions are really difficult later on. I got about 75% of the way done with every character on the ps2 release and never was able to finish because of MGS1 Snake being such a pain, back then I had moved on to other games and forgot about it. I'm not voting just yet though because I want to give it another go and do everything in my power to platinum this, since its one of my favorite games of all time.

gave it a solid 8. time consuming yes, but theres really no challenge, except the MGS1-Snake VR missions (which are a true test of skills), im almost through them. playing on extreme will be quite easy, being able to use the wigs and stealth.

those MGS1-Snake VR missions are what separate the MG vets from the Platinum Hunters, however.

Radar? Who needs it... :cool:

EDIT: just finished the last VR mission, definitely an 8. two words: PATIENCE and PERSISTENCE

Edited by billyballs

I gave it a 9. The majority of the trophies are a cakewalk. Even Great Dane is just time consuming, and by the time you get to Hard/Extreme, you'll have the stealth camo to help you out. The only trophy that makes it a 9 is Virtually Impossible. It all comes down to MGS1 Snake. All of the other characters are (for the most part) a cake walk in comparison... MGS1 Snake is where the true Metal Gear vets have a challenge. And this comes from someone who has purchased and played the hell out of every US release of MGS2 to date (I even still have the demo disk that came with Zone Of The Enders lol).

I gave it a 9. The majority of the trophies are a cakewalk. Even Great Dane is just time consuming, and by the time you get to Hard/Extreme, you'll have the stealth camo to help you out. The only trophy that makes it a 9 is Virtually Impossible. It all comes down to MGS1 Snake. All of the other characters are (for the most part) a cake walk in comparison... MGS1 Snake is where the true Metal Gear vets have a challenge. And this comes from someone who has purchased and played the hell out of every US release of MGS2 to date (I even still have the demo disk that came with Zone Of The Enders lol).

No.

Voted a 10 because I couldn't give it a 9.75.

These trophies were not a cakewalk. In fact, it was my most challenging platinum. Time consuming is not the word, and difficult doesn't begin to describe this bullcrap platinum. Beyond frustrating bosses on extreme.

Would go as far as to say almost as difficult as GT5 plat.

If you think these trophies are difficult, try getting the Big Boss rank in the game. It's a shame they didn't make that a trophy.

Perhaps that's because they knew how cheap the bosses are, especially the Harrier (and Fortune, if you don't know the box trick) and Metal Gear Ray's rocket spam.

To hell with it, I say. I had to do play throughs of it 7 times because I missed 1 stinking dog tag on normal and 3 on hard. Don't know if I'll ever be inclined to play SOL again:rolleyes:

extreme is extremely doable, each boss has its own little exploitable quirk

fortune - box trick

fatman - keep shooting

harrier - chaff for "ill let you go out with style", the spot on the stairs for the missle barrage

vamp - stinger the water and nikita punch

ray - chaff and quickness

solidus - skill yo

I am loving every second of this game again. I really would like to plat it but I don't know if I have the time and the skill, especially as you all keep mentioning the mgs1 VR missions. I haven't touched these yet. I love and have played MGS1-4 and they're by far the best series of games I've ever played, I think this disc is going to be in my ps3 for a while!

I agree with you all that the dog tags and VR missions are going to be the most time consuming :eek:

extreme is extremely doable, each boss has its own little exploitable quirk

fortune - box trick

fatman - keep shooting

harrier - chaff for "ill let you go out with style", the spot on the stairs for the missle barrage

vamp - stinger the water and nikita punch

ray - chaff and quickness

solidus - skill yo

can you explain the chaff thing with the harrier and ray? Also vamp.

thnx

6. Not as hard as I thought especially because I already did all of dog tags(sons and sustance) and VR missions on the PS2. The torture on extreme was even easier, no idea why would they change it. No guide used for the VR missions :D

The fact you don't need to top all of the VR missions and the game doesn't require Euro Extreme, makes this platinum easy :p

Forgot to mention my final time for the VR missions was: 23:20:30. Took me about 40 hours to platinum. Well, about 45 hours because I wanted to watch all of the cutscenes once again in my first HD playthrough :D

Edited by zzamaro
Added and corrected info.

can you explain the chaff thing with the harrier and ray? Also vamp.

thnx

RAYs slow down their movement when you simply throw a chaff. If you call Otacon several times, he'll give you this hint. As for the Nikita, I'm not sure but I guess that when he's coming running to knife you, you can use the nikita as a strong melee hit. That's my guess. I always liked to fight Vamp as a man :D

If you use the nikita(for melee) on a normal enemy, it'll knock him unconcious instantly. One of the VR missions requires to do this if you want to top the mission. It's optional but using punches it's slower.

Just got the platinum it took about 50 hours. Not as time consuming as FF13 and Demons Souls were. Still it's more challenging due to extreme boss fights and some of the VR missions. Not sure i'd give it a 9 though anymore because Vanuqish is more difficult. Maybe an 8 or 8.5 would be more fair.

RAYs slow down their movement when you simply throw a chaff. If you call Otacon several times, he'll give you this hint. As for the Nikita, I'm not sure but I guess that when he's coming running to knife you, you can use the nikita as a strong melee hit. That's my guess. I always liked to fight Vamp as a man :D

If you use the nikita(for melee) on a normal enemy, it'll knock him unconcious instantly. One of the VR missions requires to do this if you want to top the mission. It's optional but using punches it's slower.

Spot on with the Chaff, to sum it up the Chaff disrupts the computer systems and makes it harder for them to target you. The Ray's not only move a lot slower, but their missile attacks don't lock onto you.

With Vamp that's correct as well, but only use it when he rushes you. You also have to time it properly otherwise he'll knife you. The best way to time it is when he gets close he'll do a jump to get on your back. Press :circle: to attack right when he does that jump, even though he lands behind you he'll still get hit.

8/10

Also, the torture scene you have to go through pretty much ruins the game on Extreme.

The torture on Extreme is in fact very easy. On the PS2 Extreme, I think the torture lasted about one minute. It's only a few seconds now for the HD Collection. The torture feels harder on lower difficult settings. No matter what difficult setting you are playing on, you lose O2 really quick including Easy. Well, that's how I felt it, anyway. I lose more life on lower difficult setting but lose little on Extreme.

Wow, that was a fun (but somewhat frustrating) platinum. I actually didn't mind getting all of the dogtags; after the first few playthroughs, you can speed through the game quickly. I am torn between an 8 or a 9. I really think this game is like an 8.5, but I voted an 8. What makes this game difficult:

1. Ending bosses on Extreme. You'll get the hang of it, but I had to do a crapload of continues for Ray and then I ran out of rations. The game doesn't give you any more rations for the Solidus fight AND your health gets knocked down drastically when he strangles you in the cutscene before the fight. So basically, I had to fight Solidus with a sliver of life, which was kind of brutal.

2. Some of the VR missions are just plain difficult. The main ones being from MGS1. Having to use an M4 to hold-up guards is just plan cruel. That one sniper mission with the cardboard box is very frustrating and then the last variety mission can be difficult with all of the enemies.

And the game is time-consuming too; took me 25 hours just to complete all of the VR/Alternate missions. So along with everything, it was about 60 hours. All in all, it was a very fun game and I'm glad it was difficult; I just wish some of the difficult parts (mainly doing hold-ups with an M4...ugh) were difficult for reasons other than being annoying (if that makes sense).

Oh, and just to stress the annoyance of doing the hold-up missions with an M4; what was really the point of that? Having to make sure you push the shoot button at just the right amount. There would be several times where Snake would point the gun and I'd see the laser-sight on the enemy, yet he wouldn't hold them up (so I knew I'd have to push it a little harder). Hit it a touch too hard and he shoots the guard; mission failed. That's not just difficult; that's retarded. /vent

Voted 7. Other than Extreme Ray, everything wasn't that hard. Lol. the people here really scared me. Thought MGS1 snake was almost impossible.

If I had to rank 1 all VR missions, then I'd put it 10 — But alas, I gave up and started not to care after getting all rank 1 in all raiden-character vrs and default snake vrs.

Edited by alec613

10/10 for sure.

I will put a 1000/10 if I could.

Extreme mode is impossible.

I'm stuck on Fatman for million years I guess...

If it makes you feel even better I can get to the end of MGS1 Snakes variety 3 but the genola keeps destroying me before I can find the target and shoot it. I'm so frustrated right now that if somehow I manage to platinum this I'm soo close to rating it a 9 or 10. Got through all the hold ups, eliminations, and the nightmare sniper part but this just sucks when I'm sooo close.