XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > M (PS3) > Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD

Old 02-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to YenRou Send a message via MSN to YenRou Send a message via Yahoo to YenRou

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Submission   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Default Hardest VR mission?

Which vr mission is the hardest in your opinion? I just reached Pliskin's mission and decided to take a break.

The sniping mission where you have to protect a plate of curry is fricking ridiculous!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Kheapathic Send a message via Skype™ to Kheapathic

Awards Showcase Gold Submission   Guide Supplement Bronze   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Word of Mouth - Gold   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet Up   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Most of the sniper missions are ridiculous. Aside from that the hardest missions for me were the Snake (MGS1) hold up missions. In those Snake has a fully loaded M4 and the PS3 controller is a lot more sensitive than the PS2 controllers, so it's very hard to hold someone up without firing a shot.

天および地球で私は神聖である
Kheapathic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I had trouble with MGS1 Snake nikita #5, variety #1 and #3. You really need to get in rhythm to get #1 done. #3 is just an endurance test, you make a mistake and you repeat all over.

I'm currently doing Bomb disposal #5. I've mastered M4 hold ups from Pliskin, so hopefully it's not bad as you guys say it is with MGS1 Snake.

What I want though is to tie the bastard who made MGS1 Snake into a chair and have him play it. Everytime he makes a mistake, he gets 5 fucking lashes with a belt from me. Dude is such an asshole.

Last edited by Mr. Marble; 02-10-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Mr. Marble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to YenRou Send a message via MSN to YenRou Send a message via Yahoo to YenRou

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Submission   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheapathic View Post
Most of the sniper missions are ridiculous. Aside from that the hardest missions for me were the Snake (MGS1) hold up missions. In those Snake has a fully loaded M4 and the PS3 controller is a lot more sensitive than the PS2 controllers, so it's very hard to hold someone up without firing a shot.
Sounds like a pain in the ass... Is it possible to just empty the magazine before starting the mission?
Old 02-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Gold Submission   Guide Supplement Bronze   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Word of Mouth - Gold   2,500 Posts   PAX Meet Up   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by YenRou View Post
Sounds like a pain in the ass... Is it possible to just empty the magazine before starting the mission?
No. You fire one shot and they'll hear it, go into alert and you fail the mission.

天および地球で私は神聖である
Old 02-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts

Would it still count for the trophy even if I don't make the top 3 scores?
Old 02-11-2012, 12:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marble View Post
Would it still count for the trophy even if I don't make the top 3 scores?
The silver VR Mission trophiy requires you to be in the #1 spot for 50 missions. The gold VR Mission trophy requires you to clear every mission, your ranking doesn't matter as long as you have a record of clearing the mission.

天および地球で私は神聖である
Old 02-14-2012, 01:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheapathic View Post
What do you mean it is very hard to hold someone up with the M4? It is totally impossible to hold someone up with the m4, or is it?
Death and misery to the guy who thought its cool to have aim and shoot on one single button

Best PS3 game ever? Valkyria Chronicles
alberick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

You have to very lightly press Square to hold someone up with an automatic weapon. The weird thing I find is that you have to kinda hold it for half a second (ish), as if you just very lightly tap it, he'll kinda hold his rifle up and then release. It's a weird rhythm for sure.

EDIT: OH MY GOD I JUST BEAT THE SNIPING LEVEL FINALLY.

I don't get it, though, it seems so weird! Once I got to 30/31, sat there for 40 secs and he didn't come out. I realised at about 5 secs after I decided to take my eye off the box there was a guy literally STANDING STILL on the top floor of the tower. I didn't have pentazemin and I already shaking from nerves that it was too hard to hit him. I could have cried. Many attempts later I finally did it. The last 2 came at the same time and I managed to spam it across them.

I used the PSG1-T for the first half, if anyone's interested. Makes it easier imo.

PS3 Completions (italics: PSN/underlined: all DLC):
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune / Linger In Shadows / Killzone 2 / Mirror's Edge
SEGA Mega Drive Ultimate Collection / Terminator Salvation / Rock Band 2
Assassin's Creed II / Uncharted 2 / MGS2 HD / MGS3 HD / MGS4

PS4 Completions:
FIFA 14

Expert Drummer & Guitarist
Watch my Live-Stream!
Visit my YouTube!

Last edited by Asphyx1ateD; 02-14-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Asphyx1ateD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

I'm curently on those hold-up missions for MGS1 Snake... just a cupple more and the trophy will be mind
I reeeheeheeheealy hate those sniper levels... At one moment there were four guards walking towards the box, and I managed somehow to shoot them all! I was thingking "man, that was epic" and a few secconds later, I lost But I got it eventualy

Have a nice day
Hellever is offline   Reply With Quote