Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 08-08-2010, 05:02 AM   #1
aleFH

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Default MGS Rising Unlikely To Have Many Returning Characters

By now, Metal Gear Solid fans have deduced the chronological period Rising will take place within the MGS timeline, and hypothesized on the dark, life-changing events in Raiden’s life that took place between his appearances in MGS2 and MGS4. What we could assume as a solo mission of self-preservation and survival has been confirmed by Kojima Productions’ Shigenobu Matsuyama, who reiterated the fact that Raiden’s story will be a completely separate journey from the Metal Gear timeline, and as such, we should not look forward to familiar friends or faces.

Speaking with Games magazine, Matsuyama, Metal Gear Solid: Rising’s creative producer, dismissed concerns of confusing newcomers to the series or weaving more plot strands into the intricate, and beautifully hand-made cashmere sweater that is the MGS series:
Quote:
“To answer you question about returning characters, we’re probably not going to show too many characters in Rising because, since it’s a new part of a series, we don’t really want to refer to and dwell upon the Metal Gear sago so much.”

“We want newcomers to the game to come in and play freely without needing to know and understand the background of the whole Metal Gear Solid universe.” he continued. “We don’t want to have it all tied up with the story from MGS2 or MGS4 and make it too complicated.”
Rumors have been abound regarding a likely cameo from former series star, Solid Snake, but from the sounds of it, this may very well be the only tie in to the Metal Gear Universe that we’ll see. The jury’s still out on whether or not this is a good thing.

Source: Playstation Lifestyle

aleFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
Dom

Send a message via Skype™ to Dom

Meh, I'm not too keen on that.

In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power... Green Lantern's light!

Dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
milhouse46

That's all ok for me. No need to bring back everybody if they are looking to really start a new arc in the MGS storyline.

My platinums and their story! | Part 2!
milhouse46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:41 PM   #4
donald047

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth - Platinum   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

you say metal gear to me and i immediately get a image of snake crouching down to answer the beep beep of the codec lol. I have never really been too keen on the look of this, but i'll try it to see how it is. You would expect there to be a newer "cast" with the storylines of previous games and how they might be looking to change direction.

MORE GAMERCARDS IN SPOILER

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by donald047; 08-20-2010 at 10:44 PM.
donald047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:19 AM   #5
Marv2K11

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Makes perfect sense to me. The stories of nearly every character, if not all of them, were finalized in Metal Gear Solid 4. We pretty much know everything about everyone in the MGS Saga, so I don't see the need to bring back any old characters - their stories are done.

Marv2K11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:23 AM   #6
luckyegg

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

do i need the first 1 for ps3 to understand rising?
luckyegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:30 AM   #7
Noctis Fang

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Helping Hand

if they keep releasing mgs games than it looks like raiden is taking over the franchise.
Noctis Fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:11 AM   #8
Marv2K11

Awards Showcase Community Gaming Event Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyegg View Post
do i need the first 1 for ps3 to understand rising?
No one quite knows yet the story arc to this game and when in then MGS time-line it will take place (though it is speculated and highly likely between 2 & 4), so we can't say for sure yet. I'm going to go assume and say no, however. That being said, I highly recommend, playing all the games, as it is quite possibly the best franchise ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDNIGHTRYDAH View Post
if they keep releasing mgs games than it looks like raiden is taking over the franchise.
What makes you say that?

With the release of MGS: Rising, it makes Raiden be the star of two titles, Solid Snake the star of two titles, and Big Boss the star of three titles. If Raiden were to get two other titles based on him, than we can say he has taken over.

Marv2K11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:20 PM   #9
Noctis Fang

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Helping Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv2K11 View Post

What makes you say that?

With the release of MGS: Rising, it makes Raiden be the star of two titles, Solid Snake the star of two titles, and Big Boss the star of three titles. If Raiden were to get two other titles based on him, than we can say he has taken over.
well if you break it down like that then there will proably be a new character in this game that will have his or even her(which would pretty cool) own tittles.
Noctis Fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:05 PM   #10
dante_kinkade

Send a message via AIM to dante_kinkade

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts

This game makes me think of what Final Fantasy 7 did in giving Vincent his own game, sure there might be some other characters from the series in it but over all it will be about Raiden and what went on with him and his sexy android body.

Though really, dark life changing events? he goes through alot of those doesn't he like being a child solder for one and earning the nick name the ripper.

dante_kinkade is offline   Reply With Quote