MGS: Rising Gameplay

So I just saw Risings Gameplay, and it really really looks like a hack-in-slash game. The Video Showed Raiden Cuting up people, cars, and watermelons. No stealth in it, and the setting looks more in the future. Right now, this is not a Metal Gear Solid and i am very disappointing at kojima productions.:(

I'm fairly certain that's what the game was being promoted as from the beginning, and to be fair I can't see new Raiden doing all of that stealth stuff.

but still, you have to throw in some stealth into it, that was the whole point of the sires. and i guess raiden isnt a ninja, hes more like a samurai from wat i saw. Honestly i will probably buy this game, story wise that is, but i will probably wont have the intense felling of staying out of sight like the rest of the MGS games.

maybe they just want to show the battle sequences in the game.. I still believe that Kojima has something in store for this game other than what we've seen in the video..and that is actually how Raiden fight doesn't it? I'm still excited for this game.. I'm hoping to see more stealth action next time

maybe they just want to show the battle sequences in the game.. I still believe that Kojima has something in store for this game other than what we've seen in the video..and that is actually how Raiden fight doesn't it? I'm still excited for this game.. I'm hoping to see more stealth action next time

i wish, idk maybe more will come up about the game. lets see

This game looks completely awesome! I can't wait for the PS3 version with the trophies, at least I hope they do trophies this time around. I know MGS4 didnt' have any. I wonder if it will be as hard as NGS2. Usually the Japanese make their hack and slashes pretty hard. This will be a good one for me, I'm still used to the old Onimusha days and I've been looking for a game like this I can spend hours playing. Most people are used to Snake but I dont' mind Rayden he didn't do anything in MGS4 now its his time to shine.

Wow man, this game looks amazing. I've only played Metal Gear Solid at PSP and I'm loving Peace Walker, but this one looks an Hack n' Slash game and I love those kind of games (like God Of War and Devil May Cry). If they add stealth to it... EVEN BETTER. I'll keep an eye on this game...

I hope that they will try to balance the stealth and hacknslash aspect of the game. Because it will only look like a Ninja Gaiden game. Let's wait if they would release another teaser that would show us the other parts of the gameplay. This is exciting and intriguing at the same time

this is a really big leap in the sires, it changed from hiding into a box, to slicing watermelons, i mean sure going around and chopping things is fun, but now, this is "Lighting Bolt Action", and R.I.P Tactical Espionage Action:(:(:(:(:(

this is a really big leap in the sires, it changed from hiding into a box, to slicing watermelons, i mean sure going around and chopping things is fun, but now, this is "Lighting Bolt Action", and R.I.P Tactical Espionage Action:(:(:(:(:(

I'm with ya my friend.

They took everything I loved about MGS and made it into a xbox fan service hack n slash.

BOOOOOO

ok, so i found out that rising will take place after mgs2, and before the events in mgs4. so it basiclly the time where radien became a ninja, to be true, i dont really care about how radien became a ninja, so the game so far is pointless, to me

Everyone says it's something new (playing as Raiden and cutting everything), but you guys, there already was a chance (and still is) to experience how is it like to play as Raiden with a blade, and I don't mean the old MGS2, I mean MGO wth Scene Expansion in MGS4. And I always loved playing as him in MGO! Slicing the crap out of everyone and defending from the bullets! Awesome!

And Rising just gave many improvments to Raiden including new tricks etc + better graphics. And btw, what's really best in MGS games: the storyline!

• 1 month later...

Personally, i'm dying to know what exactly happened to Raiden for him to show up as such a mess in MGS 4. He is one tortured soul in that game. My biggest concern is that this will be an attempt at launching a Raiden series in which we'll only get answers in installments, rather than the full Raiden story in a single game.

Personally, i'm dying to know what exactly happened to Raiden for him to show up as such a mess in MGS 4. He is one tortured soul in that game. My biggest concern is that this will be an attempt at launching a Raiden series in which we'll only get answers in installments, rather than the full Raiden story in a single game.

i wouldn't say tortured soul, i mean gray fox had it harder than him.