Long load times

My rising game started out normal but I have been getting load times that take awhile, sometimes 15 mins. They are also happening more often. The screen goes all black then shows the loading for a short time and the game loads. Now this is far from game breaking but I am worried that it may start freezing on me. Not to mention I get a little bored waiting. Does anyone know a way to fix this or will I just have to put up with it?

My rising game started out normal but I have been getting load times that take awhile, sometimes 15 mins. They are also happening more often. The screen goes all black then shows the loading for a short time and the game loads. Now this is far from game breaking but I am worried that it may start freezing on me. Not to mention I get a little bored waiting. Does anyone know a way to fix this or will I just have to put up with it?

You consider loading times of 15mins "far from game breaking"? :-) I would have rebooted my console after 5mins. I can only suggest the usual stuff like checking the disc for scratches and trying out other disc-based games and see, if the problem still exists.

What kind of HDD do you have and how full is it?

PS3 can't handle 1TB HDDs, once they get past 750GB full they get sluggish, especially if the game you're playing is digital and not retail.

If it's not to do with your HDD, my only other idea is putting your PS3 into recovery mode (google it for instructions) and doing a file restore. (You're not at risk of losing data when doing this)

What kind of HDD do you have and how full is it?

PS3 can't handle 1TB HDDs, once they get past 750GB full they get sluggish, especially if the game you're playing is digital and not retail.

If it's not to do with your HDD, my only other idea is putting your PS3 into recovery mode (google it for instructions) and doing a file restore. (You're not at risk of losing data when doing this)

Thank you for the suggestion the file restore seemed to have worked. It even said I had a corrupted file when I started it (though im not sure how that happens). If for some reason the problem returns and the file restore is not the solution I will update this thread. Thanks! :applause:

Thank you for the suggestion the file restore seemed to have worked. It even said I had a corrupted file when I started it (though im not sure how that happens). If for some reason the problem returns and the file restore is not the solution I will update this thread. Thanks! :applause:

Congrats :thumbsup:

Sometimes a corrupt file could've been caused by turning off your console incorrectly or even as easily as copying save data. I used to (before my PS+ sub) back up all of my save data to a flash drive. One time, I copied a file to my drive and when I copied it back it was corrupt :confused: no idea what caused that :think:

Is your MGR digital?

Congrats :thumbsup:

Sometimes a corrupt file could've been caused by turning off your console incorrectly or even as easily as copying save data. I used to (before my PS+ sub) back up all of my save data to a flash drive. One time, I copied a file to my drive and when I copied it back it was corrupt :confused: no idea what caused that :think:

Is your MGR digital?

I own the disc from day 1 of launch:) and it is in perfect condition. My console has freezed on me a few times which caused me to have to shut it down. I do the recovery proccess but I must have not done it one time.:think: also I have never copied files on my ps3 so that can't be the reason

I own the disc from day 1 of launch:) and it is in perfect condition. My console has freezed on me a few times which caused me to have to shut it down. I do the recovery proccess but I must have not done it one time.:think: also I have never copied files on my ps3 so that can't be the reason

Those crashes could've caused it. You'll likely never get rid of that corrupt file, it'll always say there's a corrupt file when you do that file restore now. Don't worry though, if it's not YLOD'ing your console it should be alright.

Oh well, hopefully that's cleared your loading problems for good :) Good luck with your plat. This game's hard, as fun as it was, I do not want to have to do that again :p