Sam's side story...

I know I am a bit late to the party on this one but, I was a bit late on picking up the dlc for this game as I needed a break after the platinum. I need to say this though about Sam's side story, honestly as big of a fan of this game as I am, I'm not impressed with Platinum's work here...

Warning: TLDR ahead

I really did not enjoy this dlc as much I was planning to, yea playing as Sam was awesome and he has some sweet moves, I get the whole he's a bit weaker than Raiden thing probably due to him at this point having no cyborg enhancements I believe, the enemy aggressiveness while manageable, sort of killed the fun for me a bit. Most enemies being able to dodge your "Just defense" was slightly irritating even when it clearly hits them but it goes through because they are programmed to dodge that hit. Gameplay was decent, Sam is fun to play as just not under these circumstances, don't get me wrong I love challenging games like this, just not under these circumstances.

My biggest gripe, is that they took one of my all time favorite boss battles, Senator Armstrong, and just completely ruined it... Completely... In the main game it was a fun battle, challenging, creative, and just overall beautifully done. Then Platinum go and do this? They took one of the best boss battles in the game, and made it one big giant battle of luck, especially on the reveangance difficulty. They made him a human rocket/grabbing machine, he just spams his grab and flies across the map at you 6-8 times in a row, just completely killed the overall experience for me. I don't know if anyone else agrees with this, but I can say after 100% completing Sam's dlc, I was not impressed.

I can agree with most of your points. The enemy ai was really annoying at some points and I agree with you 100% the Armstrong battle was just stupid. They buffed him WAY too much and made trying to perfect him a real bitch because of his charging move he spams.

I liked how it have us a little bit more background info on Sam which was pretty cool but yeah overall it was not as good as it could have been IMO.

I can agree with most of your points. The enemy ai was really annoying at some points and I agree with you 100% the Armstrong battle was just stupid. They buffed him WAY too much and made trying to perfect him a real bitch because of his charging move he spams.

I liked how it have us a little bit more background info on Sam which was pretty cool but yeah overall it was not as good as it could have been IMO.

The cutscenes and background info I did enjoy, it wasn't a terrible dlc, they just really made the wrong decision on the enemy AI. I will say nothing good about the Armstrong battle though...