I...I can't. I'm going insane

I beat Monsoon no damage. I thought I could do this. But fight 2 in chapter 4 (the "wait for the elevator" fight) is breaking me. I need to rant.

Overall, I can get up to the mastiffs without damage relatively easily (it's not 100% of the time, but it's doable). Then, the mastiffs are the giant barrier. Their wall attack is BROKEN. Straight up, no questions. They can clip through walls and come out of nowhere and instantly hit me. That is a broken mechanic. Sorry.

On the occasions where I can get past the mastiffs, the GRAD is perhaps the most ridiculous thing to have to fight with an invisible wall in the way. The game's justification for this, by the way? "You can't leave the elevator alone"...bullshit. This battlefield being cut off is the dumbest thing I've encountered. Who came up with this idea? I die even if I give up the no damage run and just shoot it with the turrets. The RP grenades (suggested in the guide) are by no means reliable. There's been numerous times where they have had no effect despite no signs suggesting they shouldn't. If I try the EMP method, that's going to be like 5 straight minutes of trading EMP for stinger and any time I slack on timing, he'll have my ass.

This is possibly the most broken and annoying fight I've encountered in a game.

EDIT: I'm going to try the EMP and polearm method tomorrow (preferably with Ripper mode activate to make it go quick... I just want to get this done now)

EDIT!: I DID IT! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! I'm so happy! I ended up taking damage (big shock) and still got an S (I used the EMP and polearm)! Thank GOD that part is over and done with. I'm backing up my save immediately. No way I'm going to even try to do that again.

Edited by Auron

As I said in the other thread I've S ranked this on Revengeance twice now using the super cheesy method. (I have the fox blade and wig A)

Forget about a no damage run - not going to happen.

When the Mastiff's come at you run back into the elevator room behind the wall and pop ripper mode + blade mode when they get close to kill them quickly.

From this same spot you can edge yourself just close enough to where the GRAD will be hanging out to lob a wide arcing frag grenade. He shouldn't be able to hit you from there sans the odd homing missle (Which if you pop blade mode and mash square like crazy you get nanopaste! yay!)

Just keep spamming infinite grenades at him - it will take some time, but he will die.

Not sure on the rankings and such but i tend to lose 3-4 full healthbars and take like.. 10 minutes and STILL get S rank.

Good luck man, hope you get it soon.

for the mastiffs, i will run inside the lift lobby and store my pincer attacks. that weapon is just awesome imo. but if u are good in parrying, then doesnt matter what sec weapon u use.

i use the wig which gives u infinite meter. reason being whenever my health is low while i am using the turret on GRAD, i can blade mode the missiles so that i can get free repair paste.

• 3 months later...
As I said in the other thread I've S ranked this on Revengeance twice now using the super cheesy method. (I have the fox blade and wig A)

Forget about a no damage run - not going to happen.

When the Mastiff's come at you run back into the elevator room behind the wall and pop ripper mode + blade mode when they get close to kill them quickly.

From this same spot you can edge yourself just close enough to where the GRAD will be hanging out to lob a wide arcing frag grenade. He shouldn't be able to hit you from there sans the odd homing missle (Which if you pop blade mode and mash square like crazy you get nanopaste! yay!)

Just keep spamming infinite grenades at him - it will take some time, but he will die.

Not sure on the rankings and such but i tend to lose 3-4 full healthbars and take like.. 10 minutes and STILL get S rank.

Good luck man, hope you get it soon.

if i ever try fr S ranking everything i will use this.

I beat Monsoon no damage. I thought I could do this. But fight 2 in chapter 4 (the "wait for the elevator" fight) is breaking me. I need to rant.

Overall, I can get up to the mastiffs without damage relatively easily (it's not 100% of the time, but it's doable). Then, the mastiffs are the giant barrier. Their wall attack is BROKEN. Straight up, no questions. They can clip through walls and come out of nowhere and instantly hit me. That is a broken mechanic. Sorry.

On the occasions where I can get past the mastiffs, the GRAD is perhaps the most ridiculous thing to have to fight with an invisible wall in the way. The game's justification for this, by the way? "You can't leave the elevator alone"...bullshit. This battlefield being cut off is the dumbest thing I've encountered. Who came up with this idea? I die even if I give up the no damage run and just shoot it with the turrets. The RP grenades (suggested in the guide) are by no means reliable. There's been numerous times where they have had no effect despite no signs suggesting they shouldn't. If I try the EMP method, that's going to be like 5 straight minutes of trading EMP for stinger and any time I slack on timing, he'll have my ass.

This is possibly the most broken and annoying fight I've encountered in a game.

EDIT: I'm going to try the EMP and polearm method tomorrow (preferably with Ripper mode activate to make it go quick... I just want to get this done now)

EDIT!: I DID IT! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! I'm so happy! I ended up taking damage (big shock) and still got an S (I used the EMP and polearm)! Thank GOD that part is over and done with. I'm backing up my save immediately. No way I'm going to even try to do that again.

Good job :)

i am almost to this point now. i just beat Monsoon with a PERFECT score across the board. i took a break to watch a movie then i will start Chapter 4 for THIS fight.

THANKS Valormere, i got with only 100 extra points S-rank is 4500 i had 4600.

EDIT:

i almost gave up on the Mistral/Monsoon Fight. i BARELY squeezed that one out. i think that fight was worse that the Elevator fight. Sundowner took a few tries but once i got a 50 hit combo i switched to Pincer and tore him down fast.

EDIT:

Stuck on Sam no matter how fast i Parry he ALWAYS hits me with his 2nd attack. i don't feel like i am doing enough damage fast enough either. i am using maxed out weapons and the Red Suit for more power and Wig B for infinite Ripper.

Edited by DarkAmon