Stormbringer - Checkpoint bosses

Did a general search but couldn't find anything. Let's take Armstrong as an example. I've heard that getting hit while you don't have your sword takes away the No damage. But if you run away from him and get to the next stage, are you free to restart the checkpoint at that time if you get hit?

Ie.

Phase 1 - No damage > Phase 2 - no damage > Phase 3, damaged, *restart* > Phase 3, no damage, CLEAR.

Will the game save my no damages from 1 and 2 and let me try as many times as needed in Phase 3? (AFAIK, Checkpoint restarts are allowed in regular ranked battles?)

If you take damage during a specific checkpoint, then restart, it won't count against you.

Thus, if you take damage during the first phase, restart = fine

Damage during second phase, restart = fine...pushed to third phase from damage = screwed

Damage during third phase, restart = fine

If you die, though, like at all, you won't be able to get an S rank unless you load a copied save or restart the whole mission.

As for death affecting No Damage, I'm not sure.

• 4 months later...

As for death affecting No Damage, I'm not sure.

I know i'm kinda late on this, but for boss battles it seems to not have any effect. I did a no-damage run of Sundowner on revengeance, and then i screwed up on the flying section by not paying attention, so i died, but afterwards, when i killed him, i still got the no-damage bonus. I'm not actually sure as to how they work.