I lost all my faith in humanity.

YenRou

Man is evil.

I just finished DLC VR 27 and after reading the guide I thought, hey it can't be that bad. I'm sure there is a way to overcome bad programmed enemies.

But no. Fuck no.

-Enemies deliberately shoot each other while you're in Blade Mode to ruin your Zandatsu.

-Enemies deliberately run towards ledges to jump down and ruin your run.

-Enemies RUN AWAY from you! WHEN THE FK DID THAT EVER HAPPEN BEFORE?

-Enemies don't attack when they're almost dead and keep dodging your attacks.

This is not bad programming my friends. This was intentional.

Man is evil. Fucking evil.

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

so its vr 18 version 2 but with zandatsu? i hate zandatsu VRs, always 1 off winning and you fail, just like any pinball game :2walls:

I think it's even worse. You have to beat 3 mastiffs and a gekko in a dark room where you have to rely solely on their blinking eyes and to add salt to the wound, parrying doesn't one hit kill them because it's not revengeance so the only way of dispatching them quickly is to use the staff :wall:

And time is important as well, unlike VR 18. I ruined my run twice because the Fenrirs were assholes jumping around like idiots!

Edited by YenRou

so its vr 18 version 2 but with zandatsu? i hate zandatsu VRs, always 1 off winning and you fail, just like any pinball game :2walls:

It's difficult in a very unique way, similiar, but different than VR 018. 018 will just kill you in one hit because it's Revengeance difficulty and you're stuck with a stock Raiden. DLC-VR 027 will kill you by having enemies suicide, and since they didn't die by Zandatsu, you fail.

It's a lot more frustrating because VR 018 can be overcome with practice and skill; DLC-VR 027 is your patience in a battle of fucking attrition.

It's difficult in a very unique way, similiar, but different than VR 018. 018 will just kill you in one hit because it's Revengeance difficulty and you're stuck with a stock Raiden. DLC-VR 027 will kill you by having enemies suicide, and since they didn't die by Zandatsu, you fail.

It's a lot more frustrating because VR 018 can be overcome with practice and skill; DLC-VR 027 is your patience in a battle of fucking attrition.

Yeah you're definitely right. I just beat Sam DLC Armstrong and I'm kind of getting the feeling that Platinum Games hates gamers.

Never in my life was I so helpless fighting a single enemy! And all the guides don't help at all until you get used to his incredible speed! The coolest thing about this battle is that you can see yourself improve bit by bit. First I couldn't get him under 85% then 75% then 50% then 25% until he was finally dead! You can even feel that the Senator slows down once you know all his moves.

At the beginning I was blaming the AI for being so fucked up unfair (Just like my first few times against Monsoon) but after an hour of training I could only blame myself because of my own stupid mistakes :D

I must say that his battle was the most satisfying in the game to no-damage :applause:

Everyone whining about Monsoon should try this version of the steroid senator. BOOM! :whistle:

Edited by YenRou

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^

Exactly me thoughts. I cursed my way through both missions.