VR Mission 19 glitch (a good kind)

So I was playing VR mission 19 and I stumbled upon this glitch that can make it so you take absolutely no damage. I haven't found a post on this but if there is one feel free to close this thread.

Okay so basically I did it like this:

I beat the Fenrir on this first round. This unlocks the next area with the 4 cyborgs and Fenrir. But before I went up there I climbed the wall to the left of the ramp. Then I did a ninja slide (R1 + triangle) to slide off the map. I was then spawned back into the level but when I went on to the cyborgs and fenrirs, I could not be hurt. You can do the animation to parry but you cannot parry anything, yet you can't take any damage either. So I just kept attacking every enemy until they were completely blue and then used blade mode to zandatsu them.

I tested it and it worked on multiple occasions. I thought it was a fluke because I did the glitch then lost due to a failed zandatsu, so I restarted the level and saw that the first round fenrir could hurt me. But then I did the slide off the level again and I was invincible. I tested it and did it 3 more times and it worked.

Basically you just have to beat the first round fenrir, then you can do the glitch and go the rest of the level without being hurt.

If anyone tries this and it works for them too, let me know

EDIT:

Just tested it without the slide and it worked. Just running off the map seems to do the trick.

Edited by luffybuggy

Good find! Made a video about it for those interested:

I credited you TC. Curious to see if it works in other places. Got it to work only a few times in VR 03 but no idea what triggered it there.

I made a video as well: Invincibility Glitch

Good find! Made a video about it for those interested:

I credited you TC. Curious to see if it works in other places. Got it to work only a few times in VR 03 but no idea what triggered it there.

awesome videos guys. Excellent work. Thanks for getting it out there and letting others see how to do it if they are struggling

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this is old, but I tried the glitch on VR 17, which has the same level layout, and it didn't work. Guess it was put as a scapegoat or something by the devs themselves and only on 19. A shame really: 17 is the last one I've left and it's such a chore...