S rank second ranked battle R04

How is supposed to do without taking damage?

This is simply impossibile.

I manage to kill a lot of enemies, but then they respawn on the "tower", some bullets hit me and then the mastiff take care of me.

Hardest fight in the game to no damage S rank from my understanding. You can S rank it pretty easy taking damage though since the time part of it is really leanient. I've heard of people taking up to a half hour to beat it and still getting the S. Only been a few people who've done it with no damage though.

I can't do it even taking damage.

When the tank arrives, it throw me 1000 missiles, and I can't do a decent damage to it :(

If you use the infinite subweapon wig and stand back and chuck emp grenades till its stunned you can get onto the left hand turret and you seem to take less damage on it. Especially if the GRAD is close to the barrier. Thats how I did it second try on my Revengeance playthrough.

If you use the infinite subweapon wig and stand back and chuck emp grenades till its stunned you can get onto the left hand turret and you seem to take less damage on it. Especially if the GRAD is close to the barrier. Thats how I did it second try on my Revengeance playthrough.

what this guy said it how i got my s rank. i tried like 10 times to do no damage then on my last try the grad hit me i said f it and killed it with a turret and got my S...i backed up my save twice after the next check point >_>

Just make sure to zandatsu the guys who go up the stairs and you should be fine for the S. Using the turret you can get over 200 hits on the GRAD, and you should be good to go as far as the score is concerned. I had more trouble with the rocket launcher guys, but after getting past them I got the S first try.

I don't want to be 'that guy' but that fight is really easy when you know how (aren't they all?).

Stuff required:

Infinite sub weapon wig

Armour breaking sword/Fox Blade

RP grenades

Monsoon's sai

Frag grenades

Stinger

Start by using the minigun turrets to knock enemies from the pillars and kill the sliders. Keep at it until the you can see the shield guys sneaking up on your radar. Dispatch the shield guys and the guys that dropped off the sliders, try and get zandatsu's where possible.

The cheap bastard rocket dudes will turn up. Again, get on the minigun turret and knock these guys on the ground. Equip the stinger and position yourself upstairs so that you can shoot the rocket guys with the stinger, but they can't hit you. Don't get on the minigun and don't get too close to the barrier. Just stand back a little from the barrier and aim over it, you should still get the red square for the lock-on.

During the above section keep an eye on your radar. When you see the mastiff's rushing stop what you are doing and equip your RP grenades. Opposite the lift/elevator there is a small alcove that you can stand behind. As the mastiff's get close (stairs up to top level) throw an RP grenade and the mastiff's will become non aggressive. Stay in this position and charge up quick draw with the armour breaker/fox blade.

The mastiff's will slowly move to your position, when they get close unleash quick draw and smash them up asap. If they don't all go down, use Monsoon's sai to stun the remaining mastiff and dispatch it. Once they've been dealt with, mop up the remaining rocket dudes in the lobby.

Now this is where it gets silly, but don't panic. The GRAD will try and spam you to death with rockets. Remember the area you stood in opposite the elevator? Go back there. A few rockets will come your way, try and use BM to destroy them, but don't worry if they hit you. After this initial volley the GRAD should stop shooting rockets altogether. Equip frag grenades and gently edge yourself out from your hiding place so that your aiming reticule isn't obstructed by the wall. Use a fairly high ark and lob grenades onto the GRAD's head. He'll take a fair bit of damage and move, just adjust your aim and keep throwing grenades.

Eventually he'll drop and the S rank is yours.

its ok if u take damage but u need to finish this battle quick

make sure u have enough reapair nanopaste - infinite wig a and use that torret to take the big tank as fast as u can

People have taken up to a half hour of time on this fight and still S ranked it. Time is really generous on it actually.

lol I wasted all that time restarting trying to get no damage, finally did it and I find out here that I don't need to worry about it :( doh!

Good to know about the copy fight also, I can easily beat mistral without damage, but stupid ol monsoon somehow always manages to hit me with something even tho I already no damaged him when you do the normal boss fight with him.

edit. Finally got by the copies.. For some reason, I couldn't parry at all the monsoon copy and he got me down to 1 hp pack left :( But, still got the S Rank. So I'm happy :)

I just did the save and restart glitch to restock on hp packs. Now, I'm ready for Sundowner!

Edited by spider-prime

• 2 months later...

Hello people, I hope there's still a bit of activity in this thread...

Anyway, my problem with this fight, if someone can help...

I spent ages trying to master this fight, lot of trial and error! Eventually I started using wig b and emp grenades making it much easier... But in the trial and error process, I took a few deaths! Thought it's no big deal cos I'll just restart checkpoint, but now my timers at 34 minutes and no matter what I do I get an A rank...

I have all S ranks up until this point though, so my question is can I restart this chapter and carry on as normal? Will I still get the stormbringer trophy is I use chapter select and continue? If anyone has done this i'd apreciate your advice!!

Thanks in advance! :)

Hello people, I hope there's still a bit of activity in this thread...

Anyway, my problem with this fight, if someone can help...

I spent ages trying to master this fight, lot of trial and error! Eventually I started using wig b and emp grenades making it much easier... But in the trial and error process, I took a few deaths! Thought it's no big deal cos I'll just restart checkpoint, but now my timers at 34 minutes and no matter what I do I get an A rank...

I have all S ranks up until this point though, so my question is can I restart this chapter and carry on as normal? Will I still get the stormbringer trophy is I use chapter select and continue? If anyone has done this i'd apreciate your advice!!

Thanks in advance! :)

Yes, you can start the chapter over through chapter select and still get the trophy. Just make sure you do not S rank R-07 before any of the other chapters or else you'll have to replay R-07 and S rank it again for the trophy to pop.

You have to get under 30 minutes to get the S rank in that fight, which is likely why you could only get an A. I'd advise you to use the main menu to back up your save file so you don't have to keep replaying the first fight of R-04 if you die again.

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply!

Yeah, that's what I've been doing, duplicating my save files in the main menu, only the last one I did was before monsoon, I foolishly thought "ah, it'll be alright until sundowner!" but how wrong I was... I've actually never done this fight until now, 6 playthroughs and I just found out it's ranked! Ha

This is good news, cos after the bunch of deaths and time wasted I did eventually come up with a reliable way to do that section, good to know I only lose half an hour and not more.... Now just the rest of the really hard bits to go... :p

Thanks again mate! :)

Happy days! Got through it no problems after restarting chapter.

If anyone else is stuck here, my advice for an S is...

Wig A

Armour Blade (fully upgraded)

Red Cyborg costume

EMg's

Stinger

For the grad, Pincer Blade, fully upgraded.

-run to turret, shoot shields off the first 2 charging enemies, easier kills when they come up stairs

-kill those 2 that charge the stairs

- turret, shoot the sliders & 2 enemies on platforms (just to knock them down, don't waste time killing them on turret yet)

-kill the 3-4 enemies that charge the stairs

-straight back to turret, be ready for the RPG on the right, shoot him off the platform & kill him

-fall back for the next wave of RPGs, use EMg's to stun RPG enemies straight ahead to the left & right, quickly finish them off while stunned with turrets

-finish the rest with turret / until mastifs spawn

-fall back for the mastifs, use ripper mode + armour cutting blade to instantly kill mastifs

-finish last guy(s) on turret

-fall back for the GRAD, use blade mode on big homing missiles

-from a safe distance throw EMg's TO THE RIGHT of the stairs, you'll stun the grad in perfect position here at the base of the stairs

-quickly run down while grad is stunned and quick throw an EM (L2+square), equip pincer blades, engage ripper mode and do maximum charged up pincer attack, he's dead in 1 fully charged pincer attack with ripper mode.

If you want no damage, do all the same just don't bother with turrets, use stingers from behind the corner opposite the open elevator. I managed right up to the mastifs with no damage then 1 stray kick to the head, and no damage after that. If you REALLY want no damage, it's doable, but not necessary for an S.

Best of luck to anyone else stuck on this annoying fight!

Edited by thedarknessof66

• 1 year later...

Sorry for reviving an old thread.

The invisible wall is so cheap, especially when your EM grenades and rockets bounce off it. While the grad can fire an entire stock pile of bull at you. Ripper mode + charged pincer is the easiest way to finish that grad if you can stun it close to the steps.

Still a cheap level design; cheaper than the Capcom repeat boss trick.