What would you want in a sequel?

I know the game has only just come out but the game is amazing and having finished a play through I'm already thinking what i would in a sequel

1. A dedicated Dodge button, it is so frustrating when the parry doesn't fully work so having the option to easily dodge would be welcome (i'm aware of the dodging skill but i'd rather have in available from the start and be a simple button press)

2. Multiply ways through each mission, each mission is essentially one long corridor to the next fight and while i don't have a problem with it as the fight is for the most part amazing fun, it would better if there was more paths to each destination each coming with benefits and disadvantages

3. More connection to the metal gear series, sure enemies in boxes and other stuff are nice references but apart from them and a brief character appearance we don't really get that many links, I'm not talking about including snake but seeing what some of the characters are up to would be nice

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. A dedicated Dodge button, it is so frustrating when the parry doesn't fully work so having the option to easily dodge would be welcome (i'm aware of the dodging skill but i'd rather have in available from the start and be a simple button press)

I agree with this so much. I get why they didn't add one, its supposed to be all about cutting and if you're dodging then you're not cutting, but it would be a really nice feature.

a button to guard im tired of getting screwed over on parry's due to the enemy being an inch more to the left than my analog stick

better camera's im sick of it changing on its own completely screws my parrying up

They needed to make the camera not collide off walls. Who puts collision on a camera in a video games? lol They should've just made it so that the walls go transparent when the camera goes through them instead of the camera bouncing off and screwing your angle up.

VR18 is the worst with this, mostly because the camera messes up and you get killed because your parry doesn't work when the camera suddenly bounces off a wall and shifts to the left. Don't know how many times I had to restart wave 1 just because I'd go to parry the charging gekko and the camera would suddenly shift to look to the left of Raiden leaving my parry non existant. Glad I got that crap over with now though so I don't have to do it again.

This is the one complaint that I keep hearing and/or reading about. Hopefully the developers will listen to gamers and address the issue accordingly. I have yet to play this game but I'm definitely looking forward to picking it up soon.

They needed to make the camera not collide off walls. Who puts collision on a camera in a video games? lol They should've just made it so that the walls go transparent when the camera goes through them instead of the camera bouncing off and screwing your angle up.

VR18 is the worst with this, mostly because the camera messes up and you get killed because your parry doesn't work when the camera suddenly bounces off a wall and shifts to the left. Don't know how many times I had to restart wave 1 just because I'd go to parry the charging gekko and the camera would suddenly shift to look to the left of Raiden leaving my parry non existant. Glad I got that crap over with now though so I don't have to do it again.

yea im doing VR18 right now the mastiffs really annoy me on here i get rid of one and when i do my camera freezes for a few seconds (normally facing the wall) leaving the other to kill me

another thing they need to fix is the parrying im tired of trying to parry only to end up charging at the enemy's

yea im doing VR18 right now the mastiffs really annoy me on here i get rid of one and when i do my camera freezes for a few seconds (normally facing the wall) leaving the other to kill me

another thing they need to fix is the parrying im tired of trying to parry only to end up charging at the enemy's

this it keeps screwing me on my s rank run on revengence...so annoying >_>

Yeah it can be annoying, but locking onto the enemy helps and so does running to get a better view when you think they're at an awkward angle.

Why are you guys complaining about a dodge button? There is one, you buy it, its called offensive defense, you use square and X at the same time to do it, whats the confusion?

a button dedicated to dogdeing there is no confusion just having to press 2 buttons at the same time is annoying as hell and stupidly pointless im amazed they never implemented a button for it given the type of game rising is

Yeah it can be annoying, but locking onto the enemy helps and so does running to get a better view when you think they're at an awkward angle.
lock on is retarded i wanna focus on killing 1 enemy yes but i dont want every other enemy to be out of my camera at the same time and running to get a better angle when for S ranks and such you have to be fast? again pointless

a button dedicated to dogdeing there is no confusion just having to press 2 buttons at the same time is annoying as hell and stupidly pointless im amazed they never implemented a button for it given the type of game rising is

lock on is retarded i wanna focus on killing 1 enemy yes but i dont want every other enemy to be out of my camera at the same time and running to get a better angle when for S ranks and such you have to be fast? again pointless

Yeah I understand it could be annoying if you're not used to it, I played a lot of street fighter and throw in that game was square and X so maybe thats why I don't mind it.

Yeah lock on in a group sucks. I haven't gone for S ranks yet, I may be pretty pissed too when I do lol.

I would also like a more convenient dodge mechanic (maybe just one button?). I also think the sequel should be significantly longer - like double the chapters/time it takes to beat the game. I really like the game, but doesnt feel "worth" $60 compared to a lot of other games out there. I know you can argue about replayability and whatnot...

Camera could use some touching up. And I'd like the ability to switch weapons without going to the submenu. Being able to switch between a the HF Wooden Sword and Murasama and the boss weapons mid combat would help improve the gameplay. It slows down with the menu, you can't be actively moving and could mess with parries.

If they could do that, I'd be happy with the sequel.

Besides a better camera, being able to use your fists as weapons. It's a damn shame that they fleshed that out as much as they did only for two opportunities to use them

Hand to hand combat is to MGR:R as swordplay was to MGS2. In both cases it was this almost completely new concept, introduced AT THE VERY END OF THE GAME, and only used sparingly in a specific instance.

I seriously rolled my eyes when

Raiden's sword breaks at the end

, because I just KNEW it was going to get into fist combat, and I immediately had the above MGS2 thought.

Better camera. Oh my god the camera is so awful.

Randomly it won't swing 180 (to see behind me) when I try to do it clockwise, so I'll have to go anticlockwise, or vice versa, to get to the view I want.

And then I'll take my hands off the camera control when I have the view and a few seconds after, it resets to behind me.

And when I do ninja kills/zandatsu, the camera does its little dance to make shit look cool, and I'm completely disoriented when the dust settles. So annoying during VR missions when you're trying to kill enemies without detection/etc.

All I can think when playing this game, with the camera the way it is, is how much I'd love for camera interactions like those in Arkham Asylum/Arkham City. Let me control the camera like I can there, so I can do crazy shit moves, look around with the camera to find my next target (or someone who's about to attack me), and continue on my combo seamlessly. Oh my god, to have that game's camera combat system with this game's swordplay and execution moves. That'd be perfect.