Rate the trophy difficulty...  

272 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_85.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.67

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is likely a 9 or a 10. Cannot for the life of me finish VR 18. Get to wave 3 just fine and sometimes get the Fenrir to kill one of the hammer cyborgs but cannot kill the fenrir which is the biggest issue. Perfect parry is the key but I just cannot get the timing down on it for the fenrir. Otherwise Revengeance difficulty with all S's isn't too bad as long as you have the fox blade for grunts, without its more difficult but not much more. Bosses are the only issue otherwise.

revengeance all S ranks is 4/10 at best

VR18 on the other hand....it's tactical challenge 6 all over again

I just did it! Got first place too.

Its actually not quite as bad as it seems as long as you get the perfect parries down for the mastiffs and the fenrir. Then just hit the dwarf gekko with the staff on wave 3 but only hit once or twice then jump away. Keep this up till they are all dead. Once they're dead then switch to the sai and hit one armor with the charged sai and get the other to swing at you and jump away. Then wail on the one thats stunned for 5 to 10 hits but watch out for the other one to recover. Keep repeating that for wave 3 till you beat them both.

Then take out the three dwarf gekko on wave 4 however you want but as fast as possible.

On wave 5 use the charged sai on the GRAD to stun it and hack away, keep hitting it with the sai whenever the sai is charged (it'll glow purple right after the GRAD starts to get up from being stunned) and wail away on it with wide attacks. Rinse and repeat and you should do it.

Got 9min and 42 seconds because I had to get the Gekko in wave 1 to charge me which wasted a good 15 seconds and the mastifs decided to be difficult too wasting over a minute there.

OMG I'm glad thats done. Now onto hard mode so that I can get the boss trophies out of the way. Still will rate this probably a 9 though, just because of crap like that lol.

You've got to be kidding me. That mode is absolutely brutal for me. Even with my fully upgraded stun blade at the moment.

Put in a vote for 9. Hardest single player game I've ever played. Definitely the most fun too.

You've got to be kidding me. That mode is absolutely brutal for me. Even with my fully upgraded stun blade at the moment.

let's see

1. you can cheat (fox blade/ripper mode to 1 hit kill everything)

2. you can retry without penalty (loadtimes are almost non-existent)

3. generous ranking system (unlike in bayo or dmc you can take damage)

let's see

1. you can cheat (fox blade/ripper mode to 1 hit kill everything)

2. you can retry without penalty (loadtimes are almost non-existent)

3. generous ranking system (unlike in bayo or dmc you can take damage)

Were it just the mode itself, I'd agree that these would cover the entire thing. But actually getting S ranks in every single battle, including the optional ones can't possibly chalk that trophy up as a 4/10.

1. And those hurt your combo bonus, zandatsu bonus and really harm your chances for a no-kill bonus.

2. Yeah, thankfully you can always restart a battle if you fail to complete it flawlessly.

3. The thing about taking damage in that mode is that it nearly always results in immediate death. 1 or 2 hits and you're out. And taking damage to begin with is bad. Especially if you're already taking down your other bonuses with Ripper Mode or the Grey Fox sword.

I find it kinda odd that you didn't mention parries. That's the only god send I've seen in this mode so far. Parried Mistral once and the massive damage boost to parry in Revengeance mode let me skip the pipe battle completely.

But, I got an A rank. So got to continue doing that for a while.

I just checked your trophies, it seems you don't have the Lightning God trophy yet, and I also notice you don't have the Hammerhead trophy for killing 10 of them, I got that in my 2nd playthrough, which means you haven't done a second playthrough yet?

Are you sure about that 4/10? :whistle:

I just checked your trophies, it seems you don't have the Lightning God trophy yet

i'm on the last level but didn't play further yesterday because i made this video

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/3434581-post33.html

and I also notice you don't have the Hammerhead trophy for killing 10 of them, I got that in my 2nd playthrough, which means you haven't done a second playthrough yet?

i think the hammerhead trophy aswell as the fenrir trophy popped already but i don't sync everyday

Are you sure about that 4/10? :whistle:

yes it is 4/10, revengeance isn't much harder than hard, you still have 5 nanopastes so you will never die in 1 hit (metal gear ray is the exception)

i'd go as far and say revengeance is even easier than the first run on hard because you now can kill all the gorillas or mules in 1 hit and don't have to hit them a million times

i'm on the last level but didn't play further yesterday because i made this video

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/3434581-post33.html

i think the hammerhead trophy aswell as the fenrir trophy popped already but i don't sync everyday

yes it is 4/10, revengeance isn't much harder than hard, you still have 5 nanopastes so you will never die in 1 hit (metal gear ray is the exception)

i'd go as far and say revengeance is even easier than the first run on hard because you now can kill all the gorillas or mules in 1 hit and don't have to hit them a million times

Any trick to this or items?

Revengeance S rank isn't even that hard, the only truly hard part of the game are the VR.

And really thats just 16 - 18, with 18 being the absolute worst. Some of the others are just annoying though. Like the get to the objective point one without being seen where its all the cameras. #14 I think, that damn grenade never wanted to explode right away for me. Finally got it though, 6 more left. At least I got #18 out of the way already.

wig b gives unlimited devil trigger...uh ripper mode, which will 1 hit kill every normal enemy, no matter the size

you unlock wig b by collecting 20 left hands from commanders

Wonder how it would be if it was on New game mode. That would have been interesting.

Edited by DPatriot

Wonder how it would be if it was on New game mode. That would have been interesting.

Watched a livestream where a dude started from scratch on Revengeance difficulty. This guy was pretty good, he had done nearly everything on the Xbox version and was just starting the PS3 version, and it wasn't pretty. He was dieing in two hits on many of the early bosses and struggled to damage Mistral, was literally doing only 1 to 2% damage per hit with his HF Blade upgraded as far as possible at the time. I don't think it would be possible to S rank everything on the first playthrough. You almost need a fully upgraded Murasama sword to be able to do enough damage to beat the last boss fast enough for the S, and if going for no damage it would seem it would be harder to do.

That said, somebody probably will be crazy enough, and good enough to do it someday. If people want an ultimate challenge thats the way to go.

I do think this game is an 8 though, just because someone who isn't very good at these kind of games will struggle with the VR's. Wouldn't go any higher because MGS2's VR's were a lot harder and Extreme is very unforgiving on some of the bosses and I voted a 9 for that.

i'd give it a 7,it is actually not that hard once you get used to block and even more if you learn how to parry every attack of every enemy.those codecs annoy me though^^

That freakin codec trophy is pissing me off. I'm sure I've gone through over 400 codecs and still don't have it. I can narrow down a few I've missed but I don't think its more then 100 of the 540 and the guide says you only need 400. I'll just have to keep calling, annoying is right.

That freakin codec trophy is pissing me off. I'm sure I've gone through over 400 codecs and still don't have it. I can narrow down a few I've missed but I don't think its more then 100 of the 540 and the guide says you only need 400. I'll just have to keep calling, annoying is right.

yup,especially while bossfights,i always started to codec,but then dropped it....damn i want to enjoy the fight and music!!! :D

will probably be the last trophy i need,as i am just missing upgrades,s-run and codec.

don't get me wrong,some of those codecs are really really awesome,but most of the time they are not,but i don't want to skip them,i never did on mg-games.