XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
greenzsaber
 
greenzsaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,002
Send a message via Skype™ to greenzsaber

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Silver Road Map Submitter   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Default Easy BP/items trick

Seems like this game's checkpoint feature is easily abused. Basically if you're running low on supplies/weapons, just collect them if there are any in the area, then call Courtney to save your game, and select Restart. You'll end up back at the checkpoint with all the items/BP you've collected, and all the items/boxes in the area will have respawned.

You can also use this to farm BP. There are grey boxes you'll find occasionally that you'll need to go into Blade Mode to break the locks and some of them contain BP. Not sure what the most BP you get from one of them is, but I've seen one that gives 5000. I know one of the grey boxes contains an endurance upgrade (gives 10% max health) in R-002 but I'm not sure if it works on that as I already passed that point. It does work on the BP boxes though, so if anyone can try out the ones that give stat boosts that'd be nice.
__________________

1st to western release of Mugen Souls
Time wasted: 402 hours

Dragon's Crown in a nutshell. I'm trying out blogging
greenzsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
DarkAmon
 
DarkAmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 882

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default

here is the 5000 it is at the Tank in Stage 2 (maybe half way in)

DarkAmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
WilHiteWarrior
 
WilHiteWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 229
Default

I've been farming at the very beginning of R-07. When you learn how to stealth kill all the guards in that first section after you break the gate, wait for them to disappear and they'll each drop 500 BP. There's also 500 BP in the chest right to the left of the checkpoint youll start at. For stealth killing all the guards, you'll get a bonus 2000 BP. AND there's a chest with 5,000 BP in it on outside of the building youre supposed to go in, up on a ledge on the right side. Just ninja run up the crates go over and slash the chest open and bam. That's 9,000 BP per run.
Call courtney to save after youve got all the BP and then just hit restart checkpoint, rinse and repeat
__________________
For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? - Romans 8:24

Last edited by WilHiteWarrior; 02-21-2013 at 10:43 PM.
WilHiteWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #4
oze6000
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilHiteWarrior View Post
I've been farming at the very beginning of R-07. When you learn how to stealth kill all the guards in that first section after you break the gate, wait for them to disappear and they'll each drop 500 BP. There's also 500 BP in the chest right to the left of the checkpoint youll start at. For stealth killing all the guards, you'll get a bonus 2000 BP. AND there's a chest with 5,000 BP in it on outside of the building youre supposed to go in, up on a ledge on the right side. Just ninja run up the crates go over and slash the chest open and bam. That's 9,000 BP per run.
Call courtney to save after youve got all the BP and then just hit restart checkpoint, rinse and repeat
I think its actually quicker to just farm that chest than to stealth kill all the guards. The chest gives 5k BP, and takes hardly any time to get to. Just timed it for funsies since I'm just farming BP anyways and it takes under 40 seconds for me to do a full run, which includes the loading time and entering/exiting the customization screen.
oze6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:21 AM   #5
Good Ending
 
Good Ending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 149
Default

You can get around 13,000 in R-02 from the Dwarf Gecko in less than a minute. Go down and kill the standard tripods in the area, then dash back and destroy the two geckos latched to one another for a 5,000 chip from each of them.
__________________
Good Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
oze6000
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Ending View Post
You can get around 13,000 in R-02 from the Dwarf Gecko in less than a minute. Go down and kill the standard tripods in the area, then dash back and destroy the two geckos latched to one another for a 5,000 chip from each of them.
Thanks for the tip! Actually I'm getting 17k per trip. Cutting through the guys with an upgraded fox blade gets an easy S mode every time, which is up to 5.5k, then you have enough time to pick up the items after the fight which is about 2k, and 10k from the humanoid geckos.

I did switch to shooting the humanoids with the homing rocket though. I dont know why, but I wasn't consistently getting the 10k from them when I cut them. I think the fox blade can destroy items. Two quick shots and the Wig A takes care of that problem though.
oze6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:58 AM   #7
SilentShepherd
 
SilentShepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 485
Default

Can i stock up on heath packs on a different level and then head back to the last boss? i cant seems to beat him with no heath packs lol??????????
__________________
A Isn't that important to me, My overall trophy count is!



SilentShepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:14 AM   #8
greenzsaber
 
greenzsaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,002
Send a message via Skype™ to greenzsaber

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Silver Road Map Submitter   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentShepherd View Post
Can i stock up on heath packs on a different level and then head back to the last boss? i cant seems to beat him with no heath packs lol??????????
Yes, although there are 2 health items in that stage, both are near the two gun cameras that are guarding that gate you can slice open.
__________________

1st to western release of Mugen Souls
Time wasted: 402 hours

Dragon's Crown in a nutshell. I'm trying out blogging
greenzsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:15 AM   #9
Good Ending
 
Good Ending's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oze6000 View Post
Thanks for the tip! Actually I'm getting 17k per trip. Cutting through the guys with an upgraded fox blade gets an easy S mode every time, which is up to 5.5k, then you have enough time to pick up the items after the fight which is about 2k, and 10k from the humanoid geckos.

I did switch to shooting the humanoids with the homing rocket though. I dont know why, but I wasn't consistently getting the 10k from them when I cut them. I think the fox blade can destroy items. Two quick shots and the Wig A takes care of that problem though.

Yeah, I couldn't pull that off at the time since no ripper mode or Fox blade. But now that I can S rank that battle, it's easily 16k+ in a good minute. The humanoid gekkos need to die from a clean cut to their core, otherwise they'll just disappear in a bunch of pieces without giving you the large BP chip.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentShepherd View Post
Can i stock up on heath packs on a different level and then head back to the last boss? i cant seems to beat him with no heath packs lol??????????
Yes, you can and you can actually a repair nanopaste earlier in R-07. Once you pick it up, save through Courtney and restart the checkpoint and it should respawn so you can go to pick up another. But if you're at the point where the final boss is throwing stuff at you, cutting them properly rewards you with a repair Nanopaste as well. You can save and restart to stock up on them that way too.

File R-07 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Here's a video guide page that should show you its location if you can't find it.
__________________
Good Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:17 AM   #10
SilentShepherd
 
SilentShepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Ending View Post
Yeah, I couldn't pull that off at the time since no ripper mode or Fox blade. But now that I can S rank that battle, it's easily 16k+ in a good minute. The humanoid gekkos need to die from a clean cut to their core, otherwise they'll just disappear in a bunch of pieces without giving you the large BP chip.




Yes, you can and you can actually a repair nanopaste earlier in R-07. Once you pick it up, save through Courtney and restart the checkpoint and it should respawn so you can go to pick up another. But if you're at the point where the final boss is throwing stuff at you, cutting them properly rewards you with a repair Nanopaste as well. You can save and restart to stock up on them that way too.

File R-07 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Here's a video guide page that should show you its location if you can't find it.
alright, where is the best place to farm bp points? to upgrade

Edit: I am a bit lost! i farm the Heath packs i needed (5) then tried to go back to face the boss, and started at the start of the level.... what did i do wrong?
__________________
A Isn't that important to me, My overall trophy count is!




Last edited by SilentShepherd; 02-25-2013 at 04:23 AM.
SilentShepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:39 PM.