Easy BP/items trick

Seems like this game's checkpoint feature is easily abused. Basically if you're running low on supplies/weapons, just collect them if there are any in the area, then call Courtney to save your game, and select Restart. You'll end up back at the checkpoint with all the items/BP you've collected, and all the items/boxes in the area will have respawned.

You can also use this to farm BP. There are grey boxes you'll find occasionally that you'll need to go into Blade Mode to break the locks and some of them contain BP. Not sure what the most BP you get from one of them is, but I've seen one that gives 5000. I know one of the grey boxes contains an endurance upgrade (gives 10% max health) in R-002 but I'm not sure if it works on that as I already passed that point. It does work on the BP boxes though, so if anyone can try out the ones that give stat boosts that'd be nice.

I've been farming at the very beginning of R-07. When you learn how to stealth kill all the guards in that first section after you break the gate, wait for them to disappear and they'll each drop 500 BP. There's also 500 BP in the chest right to the left of the checkpoint youll start at. For stealth killing all the guards, you'll get a bonus 2000 BP. AND there's a chest with 5,000 BP in it on outside of the building youre supposed to go in, up on a ledge on the right side. Just ninja run up the crates go over and slash the chest open and bam. That's 9,000 BP per run.

Call courtney to save after youve got all the BP and then just hit restart checkpoint, rinse and repeat :)

Edited by WilHiteWarrior

I've been farming at the very beginning of R-07. When you learn how to stealth kill all the guards in that first section after you break the gate, wait for them to disappear and they'll each drop 500 BP. There's also 500 BP in the chest right to the left of the checkpoint youll start at. For stealth killing all the guards, you'll get a bonus 2000 BP. AND there's a chest with 5,000 BP in it on outside of the building youre supposed to go in, up on a ledge on the right side. Just ninja run up the crates go over and slash the chest open and bam. That's 9,000 BP per run.

Call courtney to save after youve got all the BP and then just hit restart checkpoint, rinse and repeat :)

I think its actually quicker to just farm that chest than to stealth kill all the guards. The chest gives 5k BP, and takes hardly any time to get to. Just timed it for funsies since I'm just farming BP anyways and it takes under 40 seconds for me to do a full run, which includes the loading time and entering/exiting the customization screen.

You can get around 13,000 in R-02 from the Dwarf Gecko in less than a minute. Go down and kill the standard tripods in the area, then dash back and destroy the two geckos latched to one another for a 5,000 chip from each of them.

Thanks for the tip! Actually I'm getting 17k per trip. Cutting through the guys with an upgraded fox blade gets an easy S mode every time, which is up to 5.5k, then you have enough time to pick up the items after the fight which is about 2k, and 10k from the humanoid geckos.

I did switch to shooting the humanoids with the homing rocket though. I dont know why, but I wasn't consistently getting the 10k from them when I cut them. I think the fox blade can destroy items. Two quick shots and the Wig A takes care of that problem though.

Thanks for the tip! Actually I'm getting 17k per trip. Cutting through the guys with an upgraded fox blade gets an easy S mode every time, which is up to 5.5k, then you have enough time to pick up the items after the fight which is about 2k, and 10k from the humanoid geckos.

I did switch to shooting the humanoids with the homing rocket though. I dont know why, but I wasn't consistently getting the 10k from them when I cut them. I think the fox blade can destroy items. Two quick shots and the Wig A takes care of that problem though.

Yeah, I couldn't pull that off at the time since no ripper mode or Fox blade. But now that I can S rank that battle, it's easily 16k+ in a good minute. The humanoid gekkos need to die from a clean cut to their core, otherwise they'll just disappear in a bunch of pieces without giving you the large BP chip.

Can i stock up on heath packs on a different level and then head back to the last boss? i cant seems to beat him with no heath packs lol??????????

Yes, you can and you can actually a repair nanopaste earlier in R-07. Once you pick it up, save through Courtney and restart the checkpoint and it should respawn so you can go to pick up another. But if you're at the point where the final boss is throwing stuff at you, cutting them properly rewards you with a repair Nanopaste as well. You can save and restart to stock up on them that way too.

File R-07 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Here's a video guide page that should show you its location if you can't find it.

Yeah, I couldn't pull that off at the time since no ripper mode or Fox blade. But now that I can S rank that battle, it's easily 16k+ in a good minute. The humanoid gekkos need to die from a clean cut to their core, otherwise they'll just disappear in a bunch of pieces without giving you the large BP chip.

Yes, you can and you can actually a repair nanopaste earlier in R-07. Once you pick it up, save through Courtney and restart the checkpoint and it should respawn so you can go to pick up another. But if you're at the point where the final boss is throwing stuff at you, cutting them properly rewards you with a repair Nanopaste as well. You can save and restart to stock up on them that way too.

File R-07 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Here's a video guide page that should show you its location if you can't find it.

alright, where is the best place to farm bp points? to upgrade

Edit: I am a bit lost! i farm the Heath packs i needed (5) then tried to go back to face the boss, and started at the start of the level.... what did i do wrong?

Edited by SilentShepherd

alright, where is the best place to farm bp points? to upgrade

Edit: I am a bit lost! i farm the Heath packs i needed (5) then tried to go back to face the boss, and started at the start of the level.... what did i do wrong?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7HbZrAwoGI]Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Quick and Easy BP / XP - YouTube[/ame]

You did nothing wrong, you will reset your checkpoint if you use chapter select. So you have to do the first three sections of R-07 again to reach the boss.

Can i stock up on heath packs on a different level and then head back to the last boss? i cant seems to beat him with no heath packs lol??????????

You'll have to play through all of R-007 though. You can't jump out of the last part of the final boss, pick up some repair units from R-003 or something, then jump back into the last part of the final boss. You'll have to start from the top of R-007.

I had to do this. Just unequip the repair units until the last section of the fight. I was able to get between the other checkpoints without needing them just fine.

Edit: I now see I'm much too late, haha

Edited by oze6000

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxykgVUoPfs&feature=share&list=UUT2I4ln7-qWGctWTK6aqfFg]Metal Gear Rising - Checkpoint Exploit: Best Spot For Infinite BP Farming - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for your tips guys....since i saw was only getting 1500 per run in mission 2, i think, i made this video that shows what i did to upgrade all my stuff to max within 6-10 min tops.....

hope it helps someone!