How to beat the last boss? (Spoilers)

It took me quite a long time. First off, get 5 repair pastes for the last section of the battle. The fight against Metal Gear is easy enough to do without wasting pastes since there is a nice checkpoint in the middle of the fight, so don't even have them equipped until the final fight.

Really learn his attack animations. Specifically the one where light on the ground branches out from him and is activated a few seconds later for a short fire burst. If you know what this attack looks like, you can take advantage of the very long windup time and just attack him throughout it, then escaping to a safe patch of ground. I believe this move's windup shows kind of a crater and rocks popping up from the ground.

Learn to dodge his grab by jumping, and don't panic when he starts throwing stuff at you. Its very important to be able to cut through them all, since they drop repair paste. I was having trouble with it for a bit, then I relaxed and was able to line them up just fine. I think something that was throwing me off was that I though I had to press square to cut through them. I think after you line it up you can just take your finger off the joystick and it will cut. The quick time events are easy and deal a lot of damage, so be sure to spam square when you are punching him.

I beat him last night on hard and it was insane. Basically the dodge slash (square+X) is your best friend for that fight. If he's doing an attack that'll make a pillar of fire or something similar just run and get out of the way of the flames. Otherwise learn the timing of the punches he throws, and make use of the invincibility frames the dodge slash has. The same for the gold attacks he uses. For the grab, dodge slash to the right or left three times and he'll be open for some attacks. The gold burst is trickier, but once you get used to the timing you can dodge slash through the explosion it makes pretty easily.

Okay I beat him few days ago and noticed that my biggest mistake was that I successfully dodged the boulders. Don't dodge the boulders even if you are good at it because you'll get several health packs for cutting them.

Once I got the health packs he wasn't that hard, just keep slashing away with square and X.

I can't fucking hit the shitty fucking boulders that he fucking throws, i've been at this for the past 3 fucking hours and i'm about ready to smash a bunch of stuff up

Who the fucking hell in platinum games said i've got an idea let's makes the last fucking a million times harder than anything else in the game

Just avoid them if you're having that much trouble with them. I could never slice one up so avoiding it made the fight 100x easier. You'll probably have to get no damage on him anyways for the Revengeance S ranks so you won't need to bother with those dumb things at all.

It does, however open up an opportunity to damage him since he comes flying in after the boulders.

I'm fairly sure i can get him by avoiding the boulders i just need another recovery item or 2

Does anyone know the best place to find a few that i could get quick and come straight back to this mission

There's two pastes in R-07. Both are after the first set of guards. One I believe is in a box in the warehouse near the two gun cameras and the other is in a box outside the warehouse right after that gate with the same cameras. Just use the save/restart trick to stock up.

There's two pastes in R-07. Both are after the first set of guards. One I believe is in a box in the warehouse near the two gun cameras and the other is in a box outside the warehouse right after that gate with the same cameras. Just use the save/restart trick to stock up.

I can't believe it, literally the try after i posted the request for health locations i did it :D

I'm still pissed off that there was such a difficulty spike at the end though, it just felt like a cheap way of extended the length of the game

What do I do when he charges at me? I tried parrying but instead he does that animation where he grabs me and kicks me in the chest =/. so far I always lose the most health to THAT move. how do I ensure I always do the animation where he punches the sword out of my hand and initiate the QTE

What do I do when he charges at me? I tried parrying but instead he does that animation where he grabs me and kicks me in the chest =/. so far I always lose the most health to THAT move. how do I ensure I always do the animation where he punches the sword out of my hand and initiate the QTE

Run and jump away from him. He won't grab you out of the air unless you jump right at him.

Run and jump away from him. He won't grab you out of the air unless you jump right at him.

I now learned the difference, I was able to get him down to 100% health with me at full health! I am going to persist and hopefully succeed! I can't wait to take this b**** once I have a fully upgraded Maramusa on revengenace difficulty >=C with my infinite wig making him harmless.

Just avoid them if you're having that much trouble with them. I could never slice one up so avoiding it made the fight 100x easier. You'll probably have to get no damage on him anyways for the Revengeance S ranks so you won't need to bother with those dumb things at all.

i didnt knew you could actually avoid the boulders he sends to you, it would be very usefull to do so, cause i too had a pain with this very attack. actually, if it werent for this attack, i could have easily defeated him...

Usually I never rage quit if some part is giving me trouble but this one made me turn off the game and I'm not planning on trying again anytime soon. I'm playing on normal and have zero med packs. Is it possible to change the difficulty without starting the game over? If yes then does it affect anything in the game? Is there an unlockable for beating the game on normal or anything like that?

Usually I never rage quit if some part is giving me trouble but this one made me turn off the game and I'm not planning on trying again anytime soon. I'm playing on normal and have zero med packs. Is it possible to change the difficulty without starting the game over? If yes then does it affect anything in the game? Is there an unlockable for beating the game on normal or anything like that?

you will get 4 or 5 nanopastes after the first boulder sequence until then you just have to trigger the qte event (parrying his golden-glow-dash)

i can't speak for normal but on revengeance the fight is basically over after 20 seconds (after that it's just hitting him 400 times in blade mode)

is it actually possible to avoid the last set of boulders?when he throws like 5 in a row?never tried that as usually cutting works great.just curios

no it's impossible, even at 0.1% he will do this move

I hate those boulders, until there it's easy, but mostly my blade doesn't come out & if it does, I do cut badly. Only managed once to cut the first part, after that he dropped some medpacks, but he regained health & he started again around 187% !

I hate those boulders, until there it's easy, but mostly my blade doesn't come out & if it does, I do cut badly. Only managed once to cut the first part, after that he dropped some medpacks, but he regained health & he started again around 187% !

when he starts to heal,move to his back and enter blademode,there will be a spot you will want to hit which will cancel his healing and open him for a series of strikes.