Freezing problem and log onto EA servers fix

I have worked out how to fix the freezing problem and log onto EA servers.

Now you have to be signed out of the PSN to avoid crashes.

If you are wired, (Ethernet Internet), pull the Ethernet cable out and PSN will sign out.

If you are wireless, turn off your wireless modem/router/whatever.

Open the game.

Create a game as you would.

It will prompt you saying, "Your not connected to the EA servers. Do you want to connect?" Yes or No.

Reconnect the Ethernet cable/turn on wireless.

Hit the playstation button and sign into PSN.

Once signed in hit, "Yes," to connect to EA servers.

TA DAAAA!!!! Game starts, no crashes.

‘Billion Dollar Babies’ ‘Tattooed Millionaire' trophy is now achievable.

I hoped this helped.

If you are in the states just do what I did. Go buy original Army of Two used from Gamestop. Load it up, start an online game so that you get the EA agreement screen, accept it, quit game, load up Mercs 2, connect fine with no freezing, and take Army of Two back to Gamestop (unless of course you want to keep it).

There were reports that Mirror's Edge worked. It did not for me. Army of Two worked like a charm.

They have a 7 day no question return policy on used games. Since I bought Mercs 2 from them and wanted to keep it, I didn't feel bad about making use of the policy so I could enjoy Mercs 2.

Edited by GatorBeerGeek

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

1: Pandemic went under as they had two big flops in a row and it was EA, not Lucas Arts that folded the company.

2: See here for how to fix the freezing problem: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/mercenaries-2-world-in-flames/80649-listen-up-people-servers-still-up-always-have-been.html

Edited by Terminator
Updated link.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is just a coincidence or not, but here's something I did (skip to paragraph 2):

Before I got the Mercenaries 2 platinum, I was unable to play EA's Battlefield 1943 online- could never connect to the servers. At the same time, I was unable to connect to the Mercenaries 2 servers.

I decided to clean up my friends list (started off at about 65, before I started removing people) and I ended up around 50-55. Coincidentally upon deleting those X amount of people, I was then able to connect to both servers- Battlefield 1943 and Mercenaries 2.

From there on in, after deleting those people, I had no problems connecting to both of those game servers and I managed to platinum & 100% them both.

It's totally your call if you want to try this ^ , but to be safe try Terminator's method :)

• 5 weeks later...

I have found glitch in Mercs 2, the glitch is that you can't access the ea terms and conditions, so you need to get another game made before Mercs 2 so e.g the game I used was need for speed: carbon which you use to accept the terms and conditions and then you swap to mercs 2 and it will automatically accept the terms so you can access the online features but don't view the terms and conditions on Mercs 2 as the screen will still freeze.

• 2 months later...

I've unfortunatly tried to solve the freezing problem using the methods listed...hasn't worked. Game is now in the trash, and I have a permanent 0 on my trophy list. I would have sold it, but the case was worth more than the trade in value, lol. Fuck EA.

This is why Sony should allow you to remove games you haven't gotten any Trophies is :/

• 1 year later...

I have none of the games iin that thread but looks like I may end up buying a used copy of MoH Airbourne, or actually another game with trophies.

I was wondering if anyone else could confirm if Skate 2 works because my lil brother owns it and I could borrow it and accept the Terms of Services, actually maybe I'll buy a used copy of it cause it seems like a halfway ok game not sure...

but for now so I don't have a giant 0 I am signing off and playing offline until I can get a game to do the fix :(

• 2 weeks later...
I have worked out how to fix the freezing problem and log onto EA servers.

Now you have to be signed out of the PSN to avoid crashes.

If you are wired, (Ethernet Internet), pull the Ethernet cable out and PSN will sign out.

If you are wireless, turn off your wireless modem/router/whatever.

Open the game.

Create a game as you would.

It will prompt you saying, "Your not connected to the EA servers. Do you want to connect?" Yes or No.

Reconnect the Ethernet cable/turn on wireless.

Hit the playstation button and sign into PSN.

Once signed in hit, "Yes," to connect to EA servers.

TA DAAAA!!!! Game starts, no crashes.

‘Billion Dollar Babies’ ‘Tattooed Millionaire' trophy is now achievable.

I hoped this helped.

hi it gets frozen when its logining to servers