To Plat this game

Hi everyone thanks to be here.

Im asking a sort of opinion from you, so thanks for everyone that will answer.

I've just bought a new ps3 slim and the shop where i buy it give me as a gift with that a copy of Mercenaries 2.

Now, sayng that im a trophy lover and im planning to have (one day :p) a perfect trophy list with all 100% of my games,

i've heard the worst thing about taking trophies in this game so im asking you:

1)Is still possibile to take the platinum?

the servers are still working? theres a data for the closing of the servers or they will be up for the following months?

2)Wich are the trophies that create problems?

i know about the Milion and 1 Billion dollar ones, and the 20 missile ones, there's others?

3)To achieve these trophies, for the Milion and 2 Billion i just need to be sure to save my data when im online with the $ amount right? (putting autosave off will be good), theres other problem on that?

for the 20 missile oens its simply glitched like that sometimes to someone dont unlock? if yes, can i create a new save data and try again? or maybe tale more then 20 missile and keep going until it unlock?

4)Also i've heard that someone cant even connect to the servers, never, so that prevente them to take the platinum, thats true?

5)Also i've heard that someone keep having the ps3 freezing in the main menu, no matter what they do, right?

So im guessing, to take this plat i could (without having the risk to take a new game in my trophy list that is impossibile to plat):

I could create a new user on my Ps3, try to play with that user, try to go online with that user, if the result of these test would be positive, can i consider the problem 4) and 5) resolved? or maybe there is the chance, for example, that i can go online in the game with the user that i create, but not with my main ID?

After i do that, i can manage for the rest of the job.

So guys thanks for everyone that will answer me, sorry if i asked something that its gonna be already asked, and sorry for that long post.

See you and bye =)

I've replied in BOLD.

the servers are still working? theres a data for the closing of the servers or they will be up for the following months? Not possible. The servers were closed on March 16th so no longer possible to achieve online trophies.

2)Wich are the trophies that create problems?

i know about the Milion and 1 Billion dollar ones, and the 20 missile ones, there's others?There are several threads that talk about the glitched trophies. Those 3 are the notorious ones. Check the trophy guide for more info on the glitched ones.

3)To achieve these trophies, for the Milion and 2 Billion i just need to be sure to save my data when im online with the $ amount right? (putting autosave off will be good), theres other problem on that?

for the 20 missile oens its simply glitched like that sometimes to someone dont unlock? if yes, can i create a new save data and try again? or maybe tale more then 20 missile and keep going until it unlock? I'm not too sure. Check the trophy guide for more information regarding those.

4)Also i've heard that someone cant even connect to the servers, never, so that prevente them to take the platinum, thats true? True. The servers are not working or there may be a workaround but you have to do something in order to get it to work.

5)Also i've heard that someone keep having the ps3 freezing in the main menu, no matter what they do, right? It's a common thing for this game. Be prepared to hard boot your PS3 if you get the game.

So im guessing, to take this plat i could (without having the risk to take a new game in my trophy list that is impossibile to plat):

I could create a new user on my Ps3, try to play with that user, try to go online with that user, if the result of these test would be positive, can i consider the problem 4) and 5) resolved? or maybe there is the chance, for example, that i can go online in the game with the user that i create, but not with my main ID? You can test it out and see if the online works but you will have to use your primary account (trophy hunting account) in order to obtain the online trophies and have them stored to your PSN.

All I can say is, stay away from this game. It's really glitchy and most likely will prevent you from obtaining a 100% thus ruining your perfect trophy cabinet.

the servers are still working? theres a data for the closing of the servers or they will be up for the following months? Not possible. The servers were closed on March 16th so no longer possible to achieve online trophies.

Not true. The PS3 servers are still up and running. The servers that were shut down were for the PC version. I've been playing this game online now for the last few weeks. While it's true there are plenty of glitches. SOme funny, some rather annoying. Nothing game breaking to stop you from your 100% if you're starting the game fresh right now. Some will require a workaround.. specifically if the game is freazing on you on the title screen. That one would be your biggest concern, but it can be worked around. Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the answer guys.

So making a briefing of that, i just need to:

1) be sure that the game won't freeze on my ps3 (if it happens i can still manage it)

2) be sure i can connect to the game

3) at this point i just need to be sure to be online for the 1000 and billion trophy.

4) whats about the 20 missile glitch? if it happen? what i can do?

thanks again =)

You also have to watch out for the EA Server freeze glitch as mentioned here: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/mercenaries-2-world-flames/30972-game-freezes-menu.html

There is also a rare but extremely nasty glitch where the game won't connect to the EA servers no matter what you do, to which the there are only 2 known cures:

1: Delete all your friends and then re-add them.

OR

2: Start a new profile and hope it doesn't happen again.

Edited by Terminator
Rephrased and added extra info

• 2 weeks later...

This game absolutly hates being filtered through a router firewall as well if you can configured your router to bypass it then do so, PS3 dosn't need to be filtered through it anyways.

When I my PS3 through address reservation on my netgear router most of my online games where finally working when I had my chunky, like most EA games in the back of the manual it says to change setting to stop it being blocked through firewalls etc.

This game is as buggy as hell and online trophies are stuffed up, they are even more stuffed up if you played the game online at some point before the trophy patch came out. If you uploaded a score that exceeded the money trophy say 1 million thats if you can get it again because the server has already updated and it wont send the unlock trophy data.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, the game might be glitchy, but as far as I know servers are still up and the plat is attainable. I personally had no problems getting any of the trophies. The only glitch I encountered was one where a HVT got stuck inside an oil rig, so I had to replay the game to get all HVT's which I would have had to do anyway, so it was no big problem.