Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - Road Map

OhctGou.jpg

Overview:

+ Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 5.3/10

+ Offline: 34 (21 (B) 9 (S) 3 (G) 1 (P))    

+ Online: 6 (3 (B) 2 (S) 1 (G))   

+ Approximate Time: 20 – 30 hours

+ Minimum number Of Playthroughs Needed: 1 but best to do 2

+ Missable Trophies: Ride The Dragon, Digital Man, We'll Burn the Sky and Aces High

+ Glitched Trophies: ‘Damage Inc’ ‘Nothin’ But A Good Time’ ‘Billion Dollar Babies’ ‘Tattooed Millionaire’ part of ‘Digital Man’ is also glitched.

+ Cheats: No cheats available

Introduction:

Mercenaries 2 is an action packed game that combines the two genres action & adventure into one. This game is a free role type game where if you wanted to branch off of the story for a while then you have the opportunity to do so.

The majority of the trophies within this game are relatively easy with the exception of a few hard ones and a couple of glitched ones. Some do require you to have online access so take that into account if you are looking for a platinum in this game.

Walkthrough:

Step1: 1st Playthrough

This game is actually a possible one playthrough game but will require you to be very careful throughout the whole time in that playthrough. This game is very easy to complete and will be very easy to complete on a second playthrough when you know what to do, so if you feel you want to do it in two then that is up to you. If you decide to do 2 playthroughs then I would forget all about the harder trophies and just concentrate about finishing the game.

Step 2: 2nd Playthrough (If Needed)

This step is only needed if you didn’t decide to get all the trophies in one playthrough. There can be a few within this playthrough so just take your time and try to finish one before moving onto the other. I would purely dedicate this playthrough to getting the following trophies:

- We'll Burn the Sky – You unlocked all landing zones

- Aces High – You captured all high value targets

- No More Mr. Nice Guy – You pissed off everyone in Venezuela

- ...And Justice For All – You verified all high value targets

- Digital Man – You unlocked all shop items

Please refer to the guide for extra information on these trophies/

Missable trophies:

Ride the Dragon – You hijacked the tank in the villa

Right near the beginning of the game you will enter the villa. Shortly a tank will bust through the walls and begin to attack you. To successfully get this trophy you need to hijack the tank, do not destroy it.

We'll Burn the Sky – You unlocked all landing zones

Aces High – You captured all high value targets

Digital Man – You unlocked all shop items

Step 3: Online

The online on this game is exactly the same as the single player campaign except you can play with a team-mate. The trophies are notoriously known as glitchy and will definitely get you frustrated whilst trying to achieve them. There are 6 trophies related to being online but only 3 will actually require boosting with someone. Here are the trophies that require boosting:

1) ‘Wheels of Steel’ – You came in first during a co-op race

This becomes available through Eva in her race challenges. This trophy is actually not that hard but can be frustrating when trying to win. Your car seemingly takes a lot of damage and sometimes even blows up without you expecting it.

The goal here is to beat the other player to the finish line without destroying your car. So to do this easily get into of the two cars available, then ask the other player to let you win the race, simple! I think the other player also has to finish the race though in order for you to get the trophy.

2) ‘Damage, Inc.’ – You used 20 airstrikes in co-op

When in co-op you have to use 20 airstrikes from the ones available to you in your menu. You can not use non-aircraft strikes such as artillery. All 20 airstrikes have to come from you & not your partner.

This is easy to boost. The only reason it needs boosting is to make sure your partner doesn’t leave the session whilst you are in the middle of doing airstrikes because it will end the co-op. So just ask your partner to stay whilst you try and earn this trophy.

NOTE: This is a glitchy trophy and you may not see it pop up as soon as you have used 20 airstrikes. All I can suggest here is to keep using as many airstrikes as it takes for the trophy to pop up.

3) ‘Nothin' But a Good Time’ – You destroyed 200 objects from the gunner seat in co-op

Once again this is an easy trophy to boost and again you just have to make sure your partner stays in the game with you whilst you are in the middle of attempting this. The gunner seat is found on most armoured vehicles. Just get your partner to drive while you get in the gunner seat and start shooting/blowing things up.

NOTE: This is another glitchy trophy and you may not get it as soon as you hit 200 objects. It may require you to reach a lot more so just keep trying and it should pop up.

Step 4: Glitchy Trophies

Apart from the two mentioned above, there are another 2 trophies in this game that are said to be very glitchy. The two trophies in question are:

1) ‘Tattooed Millionaire’ – Be connected to EA Servers and earn $1 million

I am not sure why it is glitchy. I think it has something to do with you playing the game and earning $1 million before the trophy patch came out. A tip in the guide says to make sure the 1st time you play the game and make your $1 million that you are online. It is not hard to earn the $1 million so just be careful.

2) ‘Billion Dollar Babies’ – Be connected to EA Servers and earn $1 billion

This is pretty much the same as the tattooed millionaire trophy except this time you have to make $1 Billion instead of $ 1 million. Once again it is crucial that you make sure you are online when you reach the target needed.

Here are two ways to make your money (there are more):

- Winching challenge; Just constantly do this for ages and your wager will keep rising and rising. This is not hard and is definitely the easiest and fastest way to get $1 Billion

- Just keep killing all AN and/or China troops whenever you see them. You get 50k for each kill so you can get money quite fast. I think destroying vehicles also gets you 50k.

3) ‘Digital Man’ – You unlocked all shop items

The only part of this trophy that is glitched is ‘collecting all spare parts’. The good news about this glitch is that it actually helps you to achieve the spare parts more easily. To do it just collect the spare parts as normal, now when you are in a helicopter and fly over the spare parts you have already collected it will register again. If you keep doing this you can farm the trophy so this is a glitch that actually helps you for a change.

Step 5: Extra Trophies

After you have done as many playthroughs you needed and after experiencing the glitchy co-op you are almost finished. Now is the time to collect any trophies that you may have missed. There is no rush and if you followed this roadmap then you will mostly have all easy trophies remaining.

Edited by Viper
Guide Revisions by Terminator, 10/07/2018.

• 2 weeks later...
If you're careful, you can get it in one play-through. My frustrations were with the multi-player..

I know, thats why i put second playthrough (if needed).

I accidently done the last mission without meaning to on my 1st playthrough, so i had to do a second:(.

The multiplayer is incredibly glitchy and pretty much frustrates everyone:p

• 2 weeks later...

As you go through the game you unlock shops for the factions. In those shops you can buy different types of airstrikes, a bombing run is a type of airstrike you can buy.

If you are going for the online trophy then you need to do 20 airstrikes in total. I would recommend using the bombing run because as i remember it is the cheapest to buy.

Also this trophy is very glitchy and you may be required to use up to 30-40 airstrikes. I also think it has to be done in one co-op session!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't pick up a spare part till you almost completely beat the game(Do all side missions and missions except Caracas), or do it after you beat the game, I started getting all the spare parts right before my last 10 HVTs and once i got my 100 parts I went off to do the HVTs and every time I came near a spart part box, didn't matter if I was in a chopper, car or on foot, it would automatically give me another spare part and 200K and autosaved, well I could of turned off autosave :p, but it was a mission cause I had to be careful from an HVT dying and it autosaving because of the stupid spare parts glitch, but I got through it....

• 7 months later...