Online servers to be shut down March 16, 2010

man id already have had it if,

1. someone told me that I needed to start China before completing all AN/the game

2. some one didnt join my game use cheats and not tell me about it until after i saved

3. had help because its really annoying having to replay this game for a third time when you had all but four trophies the first playthrough and could have had platinum >.< *Explodes*

Edited by FiftyQuid

Not for PS3, relax. They would have included PS3 in their list if that was their intention. It could still happen in the near future, but I'm sure they'll give proper notice.

Indeed, acording to the link below it only stated the PC version. But you'll never know when the PS3 servers are down so I would suggest working on this game again.

EA to shut down online servers for Mercenaries 2 and Lord of the Rings Conquest

• 4 weeks later...

I am also having the same problem Joshua, I am not sure why. I thought it was because I was playing LOTR to finish the offline trophies but that should not be the case. It was working this morning (albeit took much longer to connect). I had the menu freeze problem weeks ago till I did the old EA game trick (Orange Box) and it did not work this time.

not for ps3 so why it isnt working trying connect for few days ooooo never bay from ea again

All of EA's properties have been acting up lately. I've found someone claiming that clearing your friends list helps the connection. My friends list is small and I was skeptical but somehow it worked.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There hasn't been a date set for when the console servers will be shut down. Renting for a few days would be enough to get all the trophies, but be wary of the one million and one billion dollar trophies. If you've uploaded a score above either of those before the trophies came out, it's impossible for you to get the platinum.