Finally returned to PlayStation

BillyBumBean

Hi people this is my first post. I have recently went back to PlayStation after seven years. (More on that later)

I'm 31 and first got into gaming on Xmas 1992 when I got a mega drive which I still have today (I think). About a year later or so I then got a gamboy or brick boy I like to call it. Now I didn't get a PS1 till about 99 or 2000. I soon got a PS2 around 2003 and I had an online adapter that had to be screwed in with a 10p piece lol. Anyone that played online on a PS2 would tell that you that it wasn't the best, well it wasn't for me anyways. I think I had about three PS2s due to failure and finished off with the slimline model. I also had a PSP when they first came out

Now here's when I defected, I was gonna get a PS3 but instead I got a 360 in 2007. Like most users I got the RROD and I still have the S model in which I got in 2010 which is gathering dust on my TV stand and soon to be moved once the PS4 comes.

So at first I was gonna get the Xbone but in my heart I wanted the PS4 and in Oct I got one. Well miss santa claws (girlfriend) has put it away for Xmas but I've found it and 'tested' it several times just to see if it works ok. So come this Xmas I'm looking forward to being back on PlayStation. My gamer tag is Billy_Bum_Bean

:welcome: back to PlayStation!

New PS gamers always say gamer tag. I assume that's an Xbox thing? PSN ID is what we say! :francis: :p

Enjoy your stay. :D

yeah that's an Xbox thing my bad

We welcome you bum. If that's ok to call you that. Seems like a cool nickname. What made you leave? What brought you back?

Good questions.

What made you leave?

Probably since the 360 had a head start over the PS3 and a few of my mates had the console I fell in love with it. The pad was and still is amazing.

What brought you back?

Well after 7 seven years of Microsoft wanting every penny of me and after the infamous RROD and having to buy another console I was getting fed up. I was getting jealous how the PS3 had that graphical edge over the 360. One of the turning points was for me was with the GTA V game disc. Since I had the 250GB I used to install my games as the 360 sounded like it was gonna take off when a disc ran. Rockstar even said not to install the game disc due to graphical errors. The only way I could describe it was from the foggy bits from soul reaver two, blurry etc. And to finish off the whole xbone build up was pathetic. I just wanna play games

Edited by ShadowAFC

:welcome:

Sounds like my gaming history as well and I did have a Xbox 360 but I did not have the RROD but it did start burn my discs which put me off so in the end I traded it for a PS3 and that never went wrong.

Recently got a PS4 again early present and I am still "testing" it. :)

You're lucky you didn't have the RROD, however this only mattered to earlier models.

It's always good to "test" the PS4 lol

So at first I was gonna get the Xbone but in my heart I wanted the PS4 and in Oct I got one. Well miss santa claws (girlfriend) has put it away for Xmas but I've found it and 'tested' it several times just to see if it works ok. So come this Xmas I'm looking forward to being back on PlayStation. My gamer tag is Billy_Bum_Bean

First welcome to the site and i hope u enjoy ur stay. U better have a good surprised look on ur face on christmas day since you found ur present and have used it already or miss clause will know something is up.