Freezing/failing to load?

amplifiedAnt

Hi guys, I think this may simply have been an issue with the disc I rented, but has anybody else had the game completely freeze up at a certain point?

I got Megamind in the post from Lovefilm yesterday and it loaded past the THQ/title screens fine as well as playing the opening FMV, only to infinitely hang on the loading screen after that. Must have tried nearly a dozen times but it wouldn't get any further. Obviously cleaned the disc multiple times, checked for minute fractures and so on.

Anyway, I've reported it to the rental company and they're sending me a replacement - just curious really as it'll be annoying to keep wasting my rental time if the same happens with the new one.

Hey Jaytech.

Well I got my replacement rental. It goes past the first loading screen now to the lair, but when I try to load the first level it crashes the PS3 on THAT loading screen.

Pretty fucked off really, if I can't get it to work with my PS3 I'm stuck on 1% trophies for such a damn easy game.

I've tried playing offline, disconnecting everything from the USB ports, deleting the save game... Nothing. Gah!

Edited by amplifiedAnt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Sometimes the game freezes.So i I have to restart,two times happened to me in the -lair-,the part where you watch the credits.

well I just got the game from Gamefly and I am stuck on level 7. Once I cross the first freeway the game freezes. I have tried this on 2 PS3s and it does the same thing just at different spots on that level.

• 2 years later...