Testing how much time it will take my 5 year old to beat...

Conceptfly

He has yet to complete a game 100%, so everything to him is difficult... that and I have over 100 PS3 games to play so he can't stay focused long enough. He started today, and is already to level 4. He has beaten a level without dying, but did not beat the boss at the end of 3 without dying. I am not giving him any hints what-so-ever. He figured out the initial strategy stated in the guide of setting the explosives down to dodge the wrecking ball, which I thought was great.

My thoughts are that this is a great game for kids, and wives (or girlfriends) that complain about games being too hard. :) I'll keep everyone posted.

Edit: Well we let him play it for a few hours yesterday to which he beat five of the levels. He'll have to replay the first boss eventually, but his skill is improving enough that he should be able to take him down without dying.

Edit Day 2: So he played for another two hours so far and has quickly run through the final levels including beating the last two bosses without dying on his first attempts! He only has two remaining trophies until the platinum; beating the first two bosses without dying. Good stuff!

Edit 3rd Day: He got the platinum just a few minutes ago! He struggled with the 6th boss, but after his 6th attempt he beat him without dying! I'll upload some videos on Youtube when I get them transferred from my phone... if anyone cares other than us.:)

Edited by Conceptfly

• 1 month later...

neat-o man.

my 5 year old (was still 4 - 4 1/2 at the time) plated monster jam on his own.

well i did 1 trophy and it was only because he wouldnt stick with the same truck for 20 events because he switchs them every event. thats the only trophy i did.

but he even found out how to get the hardest trophy on the game (trickionary - 10 different stunts in 1 event) all on his own. i even posted it on here and its helped several people get the trophy alot easier. so thats kinda cool that he found out how to do that before people 4 or 5 times his age couldnt.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

My 6 yr old did most of the game on his own , We've played some Lego Games before, in this one, i only helped to beat the bosses without dying.

I saw this in a used videogames store, and i remembered it was a cheap platinum, easy for him to do, and some cheap trophies to add to the count :p