Mega Man Legacy Collection Details

vava

Mega Man Legacy Collection details

Rapid fire is in and totally optional

No shoulder button weapon switching

Menus use Japanese artwork; U.S/EU packaging in the museum

Complete Works arranged music on menus, not in-game

All six games retain the one frame button lag from NES

Menu colors are based on the original Mega Man color coordinates from Capom's old licensing manual

Replays limited to 100 individual replays

One save slot per game

Considering a hot key for save/load state

There's a platinum trophy for PlayStation 4

No Navi Mode (i.e in-game hints)

The intent of this collection is to present MM1-6 on modern consoles in the highest quality possible. *If* sales are good, they will consider collecting other Mega Man games.

No 3DS details until much later

They did not specify why the Wii U is being left out, just one of those "not right now" answers

Nice (P) trophy coming! :applause:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Mega Man Legacy Collection details

Rapid fire is in and totally optional

No shoulder button weapon switching

Menus use Japanese artwork; U.S/EU packaging in the museum

Complete Works arranged music on menus, not in-game

All six games retain the one frame button lag from NES

Menu colors are based on the original Mega Man color coordinates from Capom's old licensing manual

Replays limited to 100 individual replays

One save slot per game

Considering a hot key for save/load state

There's a platinum trophy for PlayStation 4

No Navi Mode (i.e in-game hints)

The intent of this collection is to present MM1-6 on modern consoles in the highest quality possible. *If* sales are good, they will consider collecting other Mega Man games.

No 3DS details until much later

They did not specify why the Wii U is being left out, just one of those "not right now" answers

Nice (P) trophy coming! :applause:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srRWJzRhuzo[/ame]

How fucking little effort do they have to put in to not add simple shoulder button weapon switching?! :facepalm: If they can add rapid fire, they can add shoulder button weapon switching. :mad:

:rofl: at not specifying why the Wii U is left out though. Everyone already knows why: Wii U sales are abysmal so it's not worth porting it over. Plus all the NES Mega Man games are on Virtual Console, so why port something over that's already on there when nobody will buy it?

I wonder what this means? :confused:

Still on the fence at $14.99, despite dedicating my childhood to his series. Would've preferred an X series collection as I only played up to X3.

That's a good place to stop. X4 is passable but nowhere near as good as the SNES games, X5, X6, and X7 suck, and X8 managed to be passable again.

Edited by mjc0961

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hope this is the right thread to ask my question:

Ok so I got this game recently and I thought there would be an electronic version of the instructions manual in the menu of the game or something but there is not.

So anyone who knows the Megaman games well, I noticed when you kill enemies they drop stuff like canisters and when you touch those your life gauge on the left gets filled up a bit so that I get. But sometimes enemies drop little pinkish/reddish pills and when I take them nothing happens so what are those for? Same with blue canisters which are dropped sometimes and when I take them nothing happens?

Edited by Quexos

• 2 weeks later...

The blue containers are energy tanks. You can use them via the weapons menu and they refill all your health. They are precious and should only be used when really necessary.

The pills refill weapon energy for the weapon you currently have equipped. If you have the standard buster out or the weapon energy for the weapon that is out is full nothing will happen. If the weapon energy is noit full the game will pause and the weapon energy will refill just like your health when you pick up the orbs.