Hard Rock

sxyrxy

Ok well the easiest level for this is "pump man".

Definetely has to be Pump Man's stage (even easier if you already have Blade Man's weapon too). There are no projectile enemies, the Hard Hat shoot ... um, goo at you which won't damage you even if you are hit and about the only trouble spot is at the very end of the stage there is a spider enemy in the upper left corner of the screen that the Buster has trouble reaching. Blade Man's weapon should take care of that no problem.

Also, this stage has no mid-boss to worry about. I got the HARD ROCK trophy in my first attempt on Pump Man's stage and was only "kinda" trying for it. :cool:

I actually got it on the first Wily Stage. The trophy is easily doable on every single stage of the game once you know them, but the one I'd be the less tempted to try it on would be Strikeman's stage simply because of the mid-boss which you encounter twice rather than once like in the other stages.

Does anyone know if you can get this if you've already cleared the boss? I'm going through my first playthrough (on normal) and just got to the Wily stages. I could go into easy mode later on but was wondering if I can do this when I need a break from trying to clear the castle :(.

EDIT: I can confirm that you can get the trophy even if you've already defeated the boss.

Edited by dante.jay
Answering my own question

• 1 month later...

I did this on pumpman's level as its pretty easy, there are very little enemies in the area the only problem is crossing the water at the beginning you gotta jump at the right spot, also don't drop down keep going right.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Pump Man is easiest to avoid damage at, but you need to be careful, because there's a lot of instant death traps like the pits below the faucets. DEATH DOES COUNT AGAINST YOU ON THIS TROPHY! This might be obvious, but we must keep this in mind. I can confirm this because on easy, I went though the stage without taking any damage besides dying on that one faucet pit that isn't covered by platforms. The trophy didn't unlock for me. It DID, however, when I went through without taking damage and when I didn't die in a pit.

So, for that reason, take the top path, and use Rush Coil when you get to that pit (or Jet, assuming you have it by then). Also, another trouble spot is when, on the top path, you get to a fork that had some pick ups on the top. There's a spewer enemy that arcs from the top that will probably hit you if you don't know he'll be coming in. Either be weary of him or take the bottom path at that point (it has a screw and an energy pellet on it).

• 1 month later...