Easy Mode, Mr. Perfect and You!

KingBroly

Okay, so I'm playing through the Wii version and I've decided to help people out here with a few things by mentioning some of the advantages to playing on Easy Mode. But first, a few questions:

CAN I HAZ DA TROPHIZ?!?!

Why, yes you can total internet stranger who cannot spell on every difficulty in the game, including Easy Mode.

How do you know this if you don't have a Trophy for it?

Because there are 12 in-game challenges that are the same as the PS3 version's Trophies, and I completed quite a few of these Challenges on Easy Mode.

PLAYIN ON EZ S 4 NOOBZ, LOL @ EZ TROPHEEZ!

I'm sorry, but this isn't Call of Duty where everything is gift-wrapped to you. This game on Normal is quite possibly the hardest game released on the PS3 (And there's even a Hard Mode that you have to play through for a Trophies).

Now onto business, shall we? Keep in mind, these are things that you can do on Easy, but not on Normal or Hard difficulty

#1 - You can SAVE in-between each Wily stage (and I mean if you continue you'll pickup from the stage where you left off.

- This is quite possibly the biggest reason to play on this mode for Mr. Perfect. You don't have to go through all the Wily stages at once to get it. If you screw up there, there's basically no penalty except for restarting that stage IF you remember to save after each stage.

#2 - You can use the shop in-between each Wily stage

- This might be helpful for first-time players, but on Easy, you'll basically be a Mega God by this point. And since you're not going to be taking any damage for Mr. Perfect, there's no point in visiting it.

#3 - There are less enemies, and there are platforms above certain pits/spike traps

- This is both good and bad as Rush Coil will be blocked in some instances.

#4 - Enemies, Bosses AND their Projectiles move about half as fast

- I cannot emphasize how important this is, and I imagine you can double the speed from Normal to Hard (ouch). You will be surprised how great of a jump it is from Easy to Normal in terms of speed your enemies have.

#5 - There are less enemies than on Normal Mode

- Also another key point which I'm sure you'll find useful. Nothing more to explain, really. However, it doesn't mean enemies aren't any less annoying.

#6 - Enemies gain patterns based on the difficulty you choose

- I'll say that Keeping it Simple Stupid is what Capcom did for easy mode, and it's a plus here for those going for Mr. Perfect

Okay, so you're asking how many playthroughs will it take to get 100% Trophies?

- Unless you try to get Mr. Perfect (Not getting hit), Blue Bomber (beating the game in under an hour), Tenacious (No continues), and Invincible (no deaths) on a single playthrough (yeah...good luck with that one!) I would say a minimum of 3 playthroughs, one for each difficulty, possibly 4 depending on World Warrior (I'd recommend getting that one on Hard).

How difficult is this game?

- If you thought Mega Man 9 was hard, you probably won't beat a single boss. If you didn't beat a single boss in 9, good luck getting past one of the mini-bosses.

Why not write a guide? It's the same game

- I'm not going to do a Trophy Guide because I feel it'd be inappropriate to do one based off of another version of it. But who knows, if people don't want to do it, I can because I am well versed in my Mega Man games.

I hope you all find this very informative. I also have the Weakness Order, but I'm sure you all can find GameFAQs when the time comes.

Edited by KingBroly

You unlock Hard by beating the game on Normal. You start with Easy and Normal.

I'd say Normal in 10 is about as hard as Hero in MM9, while Easy in MM10 is Normal on MM2 (Which is pretty easy). Combine that with the fact that on Easy you can save after each Wily stage, it makes getting Mr. Perfect somewhat trivial. I'd say getting the Superhero Trophy is going to be harder than getting Mr. Perfect.

Hard Mode is ridiculous. Everything is 4x as fast compared to Easy Mode, bosses have extra patterns, and death will be tattooed on your head.

You unlock Hard by beating the game on Normal. You start with Easy and Normal.

I'd say Normal in 10 is about as hard as Hero in MM9, while Easy in MM10 is Normal on MM2 (Which is pretty easy). Combine that with the fact that on Easy you can save after each Wily stage, it makes getting Mr. Perfect somewhat trivial. I'd say getting the Superhero Trophy is going to be harder than getting Mr. Perfect.

Hard Mode is ridiculous. Everything is 4x as fast compared to Easy Mode, bosses have extra patterns, and death will be tattooed on your head.

Well i havent tried hero mode on 9, so i cant say i know how hard will it be. What was the first boss you defeated?

Well i havent tried hero mode on 9, so i cant say i know how hard will it be. What was the first boss you defeated?

First boss I beat was Chill Man. There are better/easier choices for a first boss, too. Most people start with Sheep Man and/or Pump Man. I honestly can't see too many people wanting to beat Hard Mode, either.

Hey KingBroly I say go for the trophy guide. You have done some other guides and they are good. I also don't think there are many hardcore Mega Man fans here, but who knows. Do a "quasi"-guide or something like that, If you can just write about the ones you already have on the Wii, that way it will be 100% fool proof. I will wait for your reply, thanks in advance.

Very informative thread. I'm not going to lie, mega man 9 was a bitch and I grew up playing all the damn games. Maybe I just lost my touch, but if your saying that this one is much harder I might just have to stay away. Almost every trophy sounds pretty insane imo.
Don't be afraid. I played trough MM9 as my second MM game ever (only finished MM2 on normal before.) and it took a while. MM10 on easy took 1½ hours, got three trophies (Whomp Wily!, Trusty sidearm and Tenacious) along with it. Going for the Blue Bomber trophy next.

I absolutely LOVE the trophie art on this game. :applause: 8-bit will never die!

• 1 month later...

I would have to say that 9 was tougher. I had an easier time getting through the 8 boss levels on my first run on 10 (normal mode) than i had on 9. Though like most of the Megaman games, the Wily levels are a bitch, so i too will be trying to get this trophy on easy. Easy mode does insult me as a fan who has played all the Megaman games since Megaman 2 (played the first Megaman a few years later), but i am not exactly Mr. Perfect if i played it on Normal.

• 2 weeks later...

- If you thought Mega Man 9 was hard, you probably won't beat a single boss. If you didn't beat a single boss in 9, good luck getting past one of the mini-bosses.

LOL. This game + Mr.Perfect arent that hard. Got It in a week with no problems. Just pay attention and dont get too frustrated when you get hit.;)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I TOTALLY thought Mega Man 9 was harder.

But, anyways. So far, I've gotten through Sheep Man and Pump Man....