Demo Thoughts?

Now ill admit im new to using Move. I just got it couple weeks ago and only really cause LBP2 dlc requires it and i gotta have 100% in it! Been erking me! I also been looking at this game for couple months, watching videos and such.

Today i DL demo and attempt to play it. It felt like i was using my old wii controller. I just couldnt get as presice as they claim on videos. Id swing 3-4 times in a ROW same way, same hardness and woudlnt be till last swing id hit a guy. He would swing, just didnt hit! I did nothing diff and later swings landed. I tried calibrating eye several times and different spots on my desk and nothing. Just didnt feel right. I would have to take HUGE swings to land things. My arm was just not wanting to swing after 10 mins of this. And forget the ninja stars, he made it look so ez on video but mine would go at floor and just drop infront of me no matter how fast/hard i threw them or what angle. I didnt finish demo, i stopped at part with fire and cogs.

Now is it just me, am i sitting to close to eye? Am i doing something wrong? It just was FAR from presice and was tiring.

I have not had any problems hitting an enemy with my sword, it always connected, assuming the enemy is of course within range of a sword strike. as for the shooting stars I had no problem with them, I once used it and hit an enemy the was quite far away. I also found it very percise, nothing off about it, it was all 1:1, moved when I did, everything did what I intended.

How close to the eye are you anyway, they do recammend being a certain distence from it? They recammend that the ideal distence is 5-9 feet away from the camera and you also need to make sure that the camera is set to the blue dot.

Is 24 inches to close? :p

Seriously.. i think im just to close but even when i backed up in chair it was off. In order for me to get thing to point at middle of screen i had to aim dead at cam which i tried several potisions... above monitor, below it , off to right. Unless i can somehow play with cam build in middle of monitor, it wont aim naturally. I gotta aim off at cam to be dead on. Ill mess with it again later but wasnt what i thought it was gonna be. I also found LBP2 a pain picking stuff up even though my hand was clearly on top of item, it just woudlnt grasp it and pick it up, unresponsive. Maybe ill back up across room and try.

This sounds like an issue with your specific setup. I haven't played the demo, but I've used the Move with a few different games and never had any issues. Sports Champions has a bunch of the same type of activities, and it always registered my movements well.

How far away are you? How much lighting do you have? Do you have the camera set to "wide angle view"? There's also a calibrate option for the move when you're in the XMB screen. Try using that before booting up the game.

I tried calibrating eye several times and different spots on my desk...

Desk? That might be a problem. This game is not meant to be played at desk. It is meant to be played as you were really in the game. So please stand up, make some room, move 2 meters back and fight like a real knight :)

The game seems to be made by the same people who made Sports Champions. The controls are exactly the same and they are 100% accurate. Actually that's almost the type of game I was waiting for to play with my Moves. I just wish it was targeted towards some older audience with more adult theme...

I was very hopeful for this game as I really liked Sports Champions, but after playing the demo, I don't think the whole rail shooter thing is my cup of tea.

I wish the game was made for the Nav controller and one Move controller instead, like Playstation Move Heroes, so I could control my character to explore and find collectibles as I'm more accustomed to doing.

I played the demo with two Moves, probably the preferred way, yet I couldn't get the feel for the archery (in SC I always played with one Move), and I was forced to throw stars with my left hand (in Disc Golf I throw right). I also didn't really connect with the character and what the whole point of the quest was.

I also could hear Giselle's voice (same voice actress?) whenever the boy would say "Mmmmm, hmmmmm," which was a bit disconcerting.

EDIT: In agreement with some other posts above, I too found it to be a bit too much on the juvenile side.

Edited by Satnamji

I had the same problem every time I tried 2 hit an enemy it kept missing.

I was going 2 pick this up but since i tried the demo ive changed my mind i want that impressed with it which is a shame as it looked kind of cool.

But saying that might just pick it up when it goes to about £10 or £15.

• 2 weeks later...
I know this is not the thread for this, but if anyone want to boost the online trophies just add me.

PSN: Rob_0zzy (0zzy with zero "0")

Yeah, now that the game got cheaper, a lot of people might purchase it, and so we will soon need a boosting thread! xD

Will make one when I get the game though, will add you also! :p

Ordered the game to play with my gf, but I can tell by the few threads and posts here that the 50 online plays will be hard to do without any kind of organizing.

Edited by MMDE

Yeah, now that the game got cheaper, a lot of people might purchase it, and so we will soon need a boosting thread! xD

Will make one when I get the game though, will add you also! :p

Ordered the game to play with my gf, but I can tell by the few threads and posts here that the 50 online plays will be hard to do without any kind of organizing.

I got it because my gf gave me The Playstation move starter as a birthday present and also the pack came with a free game (Medieval Moves)

As soon as you get it let me know to get those trophies.

The game it's quite fun...I know it's not a regular PS3 game with a bunch of graphics or a cool story, but it's fine.

That trophy will be a pain in the arse, but if we can boost it...it's just matter of time

BTW, if you find any trophy guide just let me know, I can't figure it out what I have to do in some of the trophies.

Cheers :D

Edited by Rob_0zzy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Everything works fine for me until the first time you have to drink milk and there's just no response.I can see the character performing the correct movement while I hold the move button but the game refuses to recognize the motion I've performed.

Any tips chaps?

Everything works fine for me until the first time you have to drink milk and there's just no response.I can see the character performing the correct movement while I hold the move button but the game refuses to recognize the motion I've performed.

Any tips chaps?

You actually got to turn the move controller as if it was a flask/bottle that you drink of. (Hold in the button as you turn it upside down over your head)

Edited by MMDE