Trophy Guide: Medieval Madness / Bride of Pin-Bot

Overview:

• Estimated 100% difficulty: 9/10
  • Offline trophies: 6 (4(S), 2(B))
  • Online trophies:
  • Approximate amount of time to 100%: 10-20 hours
  • Minimum number of playthroughs: No story mode
  • Number of missable trophies: None
  • Glitched trophies: None, but heed the potential glitch between trophy tiers (see Walkthrough)
  • Do trophies stack: No
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies: Changing the default settings (i.e. through Pro Mode / Operator's Menu) disables trophies

Before you begin playing, please refer to the core game Roadmap for general information and tips on the game. There are highly-detailed in-game instructions for each table, which I always suggest you read, as easy goals will not be explained in the guide below.

As usual, all trophies must be done in a single game unless otherwise noted.

Like this guide? Then do me a solid and join the forums!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1496/012.jpg Bride High 5 (B)

Achieve a top 5 local high score on The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot™

Log a score of at least 5,137,130 to get this trophy. The trophy doesn't unlock until the game ends.

Easy ball catches for this table:

• Left orbit drain – bounce off the left flipper and to the right, catch with the right
  • Heart ramp drain – easy catch with right flipper raised
  • Jet bumper drain – bounce off the right flipper and to the left, catch with the left (on rare occasions it may move too fast and you won't be able to catch with the left, so pay attention)

Avoid hitting the front edges of the ramps, you will quickly lose your ball this way as it will bounce right into an outlane half the time. If a ball appears headed for an outlane, nudge a couple of times quickly to attempt a save.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1496/013.jpg Bride Master (S)

Complete the Standard Goals on The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot™

Goals you can get without trying:

• Spin the Small Wheel
  • Achieve the first Jet Level

Goals you have to work at:

• Score the 200K Skill Shot - This is pretty tough, because even when using a consistent plunger strength, the result will be different. Keep using the plunger strength as shown below, and eventually you'll get it.

http://i.imgur.com/ivStM9Y.png

• Earn an Extra Ball - There are a couple of ways to earn an Extra Ball. The easiest is to earn it via a random award from the Small Wheel (hit the left orbit). You can also light the Extra Ball in the left outlane with the Small Wheel (then if the ball drains there you get the Extra Ball). The other easy way is to simply score 7 million points, upon which you'll automatically be awarded one.

• Activate the Bride's Optics - This is not too bad, it simply involves hitting the left Shuttle ramp about 5 times. You activate the Bride's Voice in the first stage. The second is the Optics, and you simply must lock two balls on her eyes, after which a multi-ball will start. The Shuttle ramp will alternate between the Bride's Face and the upper right playfield. Keep hitting the left ramp you'll easily get it.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1496/014.jpg Bride Wizard (S)

Complete the Wizard Goals on The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot™

• Score a Loop Combo

• Score the Jackpot - There are a few ways to do this, but the easiest by far is to light the Jackpot via a random award from the Small Wheel (hit the left orbit). If the Jackpot is lit, simply hit the left orbit again within the time limit (about 20 seconds, there will be a countdown on the DMD) to collect the Jackpot and get the goal. This is made easier since you can let the drain from the left orbit (after the first Small Wheel hit that gives you the award) bounce off the left flipper and to the right, where you can quickly shoot the left orbit again.

• Score 600,000 points from the Pin*Bot Value - When you hit the Shuttle ramp, the ball alternates between the Bride's Face and the upper right playfield. Each time you reach that playfield, the Pin*Bot Value will increase: 100K, 200K, 300K. Then it resets and cycles through all 3 again. The 7th hit will score the 600K value.

• Complete the Bride's Metamorphosis - Follow the same process as activating the Bride's Optics in the Standard Goals. After you complete that second stage, a 2-ball multi-ball starts. To complete the third stage (Metamorphosis), you need to shoot both balls back to the Bride's Face, using the Shuttle Ramp. If you lose a ball the Bride reverts back to the previous stage and you'll lose your chance.

• Score the Billion Point shot - For this, you first need to complete the Metamorphosis. Once that happens, the 2-ball multi-ball continues like before. If you can shoot both balls into the Bride's Face yet again, you'll get a random award from the Big Wheel. One of those awards is to light the Billion Point shot. If you get that one, you'll have about 12 seconds to hit the center Heart ramp when the multi-ball continues. Hit the ramp in time and you'll score 1 billion points! And get the goal, too.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced a missing image.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1496/015.jpg Medieval High 5 (B)

Achieve a top 5 local high score on Medieval Madness™

Log a score of at least 6,283,720 to get this trophy. The trophy doesn't unlock until the game ends.

This table is a bit tricky because the flippers are spaced slightly further apart compared to other tables.

Easy ball catches for this table:

• Left orbit drain – bounce off the left flipper, bounce off the right, raise flipper to catch with the right
  • Right orbit drain from bumpers – easy catch with right flipper raised
  • Right orbit drain from bumpers or from hitting the left orbit – bounce off the right flipper, bounce off the left, raise flipper to catch with the left
  • (Vita Only) Peasant ramp / Catapult launch drain into the left outlane – hold up both flippers and it will be caught on the right one
  • (Vita Only) Dragon ramp drain into the right outlane – hold up both flippers and it will be caught on the left one

As usual, avoid hitting the front edges of the ramps, you will quickly lose your ball this way as it will bounce right into an outlane half the time. If a ball appears headed for an outlane, nudge a couple of times quickly to attempt a save.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1496/016.jpg Medieval Master (S)

Complete the Standard Goals on Medieval Madness™

• Complete a Skill Shot
  • Activate Super Jets

• Destroy 2 Castles - This is not hard, but you probably won't get it by accident. To destroy a Castle, you have to lower the drawbridge, then destroy the gate, then shoot into the Castle. The first Castle takes one shot for the drawbridge, two for the gate. Each subsequent Castle requires another shot for each (so the second Castle takes two and three shots, respectively).

You can also use rewards from Merlin's Magic to lower the drawbridge, destroy the gate, or even the Castle itself in one shot.

Whenever you hit the Castle, the ball will re-enter the playfield from the left orbit. It's easy to catch the ball from there as mentioned above. Just be careful of direct shots on the gate, it can drain right down the center unless you are quick with nudge.

• Earn a Castle Hurry-Up bonus - You can start this a few different ways, but the easiest are by Merlin's Magic, or by hitting a Super Skill Shot. Super Skill Shots are easy. Hold the left flipper button down (:vital:) while launching the ball. It will go around the orbit and out the left orbit instead of down the lanes at the top right. Simply hit the catapult, an orbit or a ramp within a few seconds to start Hurry-Up.

Anyway, however you start it, hit the castle before the score countdown ends to get the goal. You'll know the mode is active when the music picks up speed and the countdown appears on the DMD.

• Activate Castle Multi-Ball - If you start this via Merlin's Magic, it won't unlock the goal. You must do it the traditional way, by actually locking 3 balls in the castle. You lock them in the spot just to the left of the drawbridge/gate. Make you sure you hit it hard enough; you have to hit the wall for it to lock.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1496/017.jpg Medieval Wizard (S)

Complete the Wizard Goals on Medieval Madness™

None of these Goals are easy.

• Activate Barnyard Multiball - You use the Catapult for this one. The Catapult is the feature just to the left of the left orbit. Hit it 3 times to get a Catapult Slam, which allows you to choose one of five items (Bowling Ball, Cow, Chicken, Cat, Skull) to launch at the castle. If you hit the target at the top of the Catapult lane it will count as 2 towards the Slam. The Catapult is somewhat hard to hit, though, even from the tip of the right flipper. Anyway, once all five have been launched, hit the Catapult again to start the Multiball.

• Activate Royal Madness - You can play Royal Madness once you have all 5 Madness Lights lit and have already played a Multiball Madness at some point (it doesn't matter when or how many balls it was). Lighting the Madness Lights are fairly simple and are detailed in the in-game instructions, so please refer to those. Shoot Merlin's Saucer to begin it once you have them all lit to activate the mode and get the goal.

• Activate 4-ball Multiball Madness - This is like Royal Madness, except you can't activate Multiball Madness (by hitting Merlin's Magic) until after you've lit all 5 Madness Lights first. They will be flashing if you haven't done the multiball yet. The only way to get 4 balls on the Multiball is to stack all 5 Madness Lights first. Hit Merlin's Magic to start the Multiball, of course.

What makes this tough is that hitting Merlin's Magic with any Madness Light lit will automatically start the Multiball Madness, even if you don't want it to. Once it does that, your chance to start 4-ball Multiball Madness is reset until you play Royal Madness.

However, since you activate Troll Madness by completing Trolls - which involves hitting Merlin's Magic to even start Trolls - you have to either do the Trolls first or last to get this. If you do it last, it will activate the 3-ball Multiball, as well as Trolls. If you complete Trolls (hit each 3 times), it will restart Multiball Madness with the 4-balls you need for the goal.

• Win Video Mode - This can be started as an award via Merlin's Magic, but it's rare to get. The other way to start it is to spell F-I-R-E in the inlane / outlane rollovers 8 times. You can advance the lit letters using the flippers, which makes it a little easier, but it takes some patience. When you do that, hitting Merlin's Magic automatically starts the mode.

You play it on the DMD. The goal is to keep falcons from carrying off three children. You have to destroy 30 falcons before they carry off any children to win Video Mode and the goal. Note that you can press :cross: once per game to instantly kill all the falcons on the DMD. This is best used when a falcon is about to escape with a child. (Thanks to MegaHentai for the tip).

• Win the Battle for the Kingdom - This one is extremely difficult. It's time consuming and merely starting the Battle is enough to give you heartburn if you're not the patient type.

To start the Battle, you have to earn all 6 Titles. These involve the same things you have to do to light the 5 Madness Lights, along with Destroying Castles. Instead of doing each once, though (like you did for the Multiball Madness goals), you have to do them multiple times. Peasants, Damsel, Joust and Catapult you have to do 3 times each. 10 Trolls have to be killed for Trolls, and 6 Castles must be destroyed.

Before starting the Battle, though, I recommend you acquire two Troll Bombs. You will need these to make the last phase of the Battle easier. You can get them a few ways. The easiest is to keep hitting the yellow Troll spot targets after you have lit Trolls, but before you've activated them. Hit them an additional 8 times to earn a Troll Bomb. The other way is by banking a ball off the spot targets into the Castle Lock or the Merlin's Magic saucer, which is a bit harder. You can see how many Bombs you have in the Status Report (hold the ball and wait, the Status Report will appear on the DMD after a few seconds).

So, if you somehow manage to acquire all 6 Titles and both Troll Bombs, shoot the Castle gate to start the Battle, which is a 4-ball Multiball. From there you have to hit every major feature: orbits, ramps, catapult and ball lock. Once all those shots are completed, you have to focus on the Castle. Both Trolls will rise, partially blocking the gate. This is where the Troll Bombs come into play. If you already have them, both Trolls will immediately go down and you'll have an unobstructed shot at the gate. If not, then they'll be in the way of the gate shot for the rest of the Battle, making it that much harder.

Either way, hit the Castle gate 7 times to open it, then once more to win the Battle. Whew!

Note that if you get down to one ball during the Battle, you can shoot the Castle gate within 10 seconds to reset the timer and keep playing, but if the timer reaches 0 you lose the Battle. So I highly recommend you don't get down to one ball.

Here is a video that shows the Battle being completed. Note the use of Troll Bombs (Trolls disappear immediately) and the 10 second limit on the single ball during the very end.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BpH70twHsA]Pinball Arcade - Medieval Madness - Win the Battle for the Kingdom Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

Refer to the in-game instructions for more detailed instructions on this complicated goal. You will need to be able to consistently catch and make your shots, as well as be very patient, if you hope to even get to the Battle. It will take a while just to get all the Titles, so relax, and good luck.

Edited by Vyrastas

This is where the Troll Bombs come into play. If you already have them, both Trolls will immediately go down and you'll have an unobstructed shot at the gate.

Oh, how I wish I'd known this before! I've been struggling with this one ever since it came out, and the trolls always screw me over at some point. Now that I know about this, I may finally be able to put a bullet in the one Pinball Arcade trophy I'd given up on.

Also, a question for you: are you planning to do guides for all the DLCs? I was considering doing some of them myself, but I'll leave it in your more-capable hands if you're doing the full slate.

Oh, how I wish I'd known this before! I've been struggling with this one ever since it came out, and the trolls always screw me over at some point. Now that I know about this, I may finally be able to put a bullet in the one Pinball Arcade trophy I'd given up on.

Also, a question for you: are you planning to do guides for all the DLCs? I was considering doing some of them myself, but I'll leave it in your more-capable hands if you're doing the full slate.

Yeah I've learned the Troll Bombs are pretty much crucial to winning the Battle. That goal is ridiculously hard, I don't think I'll ever get it.

I was planning on doing each as I have time, but if there's a DLC you really want to do a guide for, feel free. I am working on the next one already, though (Cirqus/Funhouse).

Edited by Vyrastas

Cool. I'll see how motivated I feel after I finish dicking around with Obut Petanque 2.

Oh, and regarding "Win Video Mode": might be worth mentioning that you can press :cross: once per game to instantly kill all the falcons on the screen. This is best saved until a falcon is about to escape with a child/cow.

• 2 years later...

God damn. I managed to launch battle for the kingdom twice in a single game, but i havent succeeded it ><

edit: YES got it. I was near a heart attack on the last few seconds xD. only two balls to destroy that castle :p

argh, and now i only killed... 28 birds on the video mode ><

Edited by lesk8vaincra

• 1 year later...

Finally got this done. I started Medieval Madness Battle For the Kingdom probably 6 times, one time twice in a single game, and just had bad luck each time. At one point, I sank the final ball with the gate already open - one shot away from completing it. At least the table is fun to play, and there is a decent amount of Extra Balls. Here's a vid of me beating the wizard mode. I actually managed to keep 2 balls till the very end - something that hasn't happened to me before. Nothing worse than that 10 second timeout with only one ball, so glad I was able to avoid it:

[ame]

[/ame]

I'm also posting a video of me beating the video mode, since I don't see it in the guide:

[ame]

[/ame]

I also managed to beat it using the Cow mode (if you launch vows 3 times before starting it). I don't know if it makes it that much easier. Here's a vid of that:

[ame]

[/ame]

Also, I suggest you complete Goal 5 (The Battle For Kingdom), before going for the Video Mode (Goal 4). I wasted a lot of time starting video mode, where I could've just played to reach The Battle For Kingdom, and would've earned enough FIRE lanes in the process anyway (I would reach Video Mode every game I reached The Battle For Kingdom).

As far as reaching The Battle For Kingdom, my main tip for destroying the castle 6 times would be to shoot at the draw bridge when it's closed. Once it opens, start the 3 multiball and only then shoot at the gate. I would never shoot at the gate with only 1 ball in play, because it would often end up bouncing back right down the middle. Also - do your best to start trolls only when you have at least 1 other madness queued up. That way you can defeat the trolls with multiball in play, which makes it easier to kill the 10 trolls required, without draining the ball.