My Tier 1 Mission 5 "Belly of the Beast" Walkthrough

dz06lt

Recently I posted a walkthrough for Mission 10 "Rescue the Rescuers" and many have wanted a similar walkthrough for Mission 5 "Belly of the Beast" So here it is.

First you need to realize what you have with this mission, I will break it down into 5 parts(Valley1/Villiage/DSHK/Valley2/Endgame). But before I do that here are some basic tips:

• DO NOT discard your Shotgun until about 1/2 way through the villiage. At the first door you should obtain the PKM(Even though you won't need it).
  • Burst fire your saw don't go wasting all your ammo, also it is scoped GET HEADSHOTS! Ammo should not be a concern, you have enought to finish the mission.
  • Be Patient, If you are hurt get prone behind cover.
  • Cutscenes are not skip-able and DO count against you!
  • Turn down the brightness a bit to help see enemies in Valley1.
  • Timing is EVERYTHING for this mission you MUST mind your time. You do not want to end at 25:01

Valley Part 1: (Light/Moderate Combat Push Forward) For this part of the mission your goal is to move up. As soon as the mission begins RUN and keep running until you get to the first set of taliban up on the hill. From here on you must kill as many enemies as you can while pushing forward they will fall back. Try to stay to the right hand side of the valley there will be a few times where you have to kill taliban up on the left ridge.

Once you push up and around the corner your squad will tell you to watch our for RPG's take him down first. As soon as all these enemies are dead you will be given the objective complete.

At this point you will be unable to run, walk forward and reload. You should reach the destroyed Russian tank at (TIME 4:00-4:20).

Villiage: (Moderate/Heavy combat Push Forward) As soon as you come to the village toss a few cooked grenades into the runis on the left and one into the house right in front of you. Once you are clean head left through the ruins there will be a sniper on the ledge just as you exit.

Clear the village with the shotgun, by going this way the enemies will be confused get the guy in the house through the window and then fire across at the others. Once you reach the first door you should be able to pick up the PKM.

Proceed through the next portion of the villiage its OK to use your grenades here because you will be able to restock right before the DSHK. I again chose to take the left path to sneak up on enemies. Be careful once you head up there are a few enemies that rush out the doorway directly in front of you. Continue killing taliban until you reach Door #2 at(TIME 7:00-7:20). Restock your grenades if needed.

DSHK: (Timed mission light combat) This is REALLY EASY. After you leave the hut you will have an unskip-able cutscene meeting about what the plan is(TIME 7:30-7:50).

Once the meeting is over rush to the rocks on your left this is all the father you need to go. Crouch behind the rocks and take aim on the DSHK. You will need to fire low to take out the gunner. DO NOT bother with any other enemies just focus on the DSHK. Be sure to burst fire and keep your aim as soon as you see the symbol above the DSHK flash fire again. The target should be marked at (TIME: 10:17-10:30)

As soon as you get the objective complete move to the new cover point. You really dont need to do anything here except wait for the air support to take out the DSHK.(TIME: 10:50-1130)

Valley Part 2 (Light/Moderate Combat Push Forward) Once you reach this point DO NOT get reckless you can be killed easily. Run forward until your squad tell you there are enemies. Stay to the right hand side of the valley there will be taliban in front of you and up on the ridge.

Continue to move forward and shift to the left side of the valley since the taliban will now be up on the right ridge. As you move forward there will be a small path and large boulder that provides perfect cover against the Taliban up on the right hand ridge. Once all these enemies are dead or retreat you will get the objective complete.(TIME: 14:30-15:10) RUN TO THE HUT!

Endgame: (HEAVY Combat Timed Mission) Reach the hut at 16:00-16:10 as soon as you regain consciousness start firing. Remeber to BURST fire and go for headshots while you can. Soon your Squad will move to the larger hut once you are given the signal run to the next hut.

Once there take position at the right window and start killing taliban. Your only objective here is to wait for 2 things to happen. First the RPG attack that takes out the building, once it does fall back. Now you must kill a predetermined amount of enemies until the truck hits the building

(TIME: 20:00-20:20).

Once the truck strikes head out the back and cover all you need to do here is make sure enemies DO NOT flank you if they do you might get shot or grenaded. But once you hit this point you are almost guarenteed success.

The attack choppers will arrive around (TIME 22:20-23:00).

The cutscene will end somewhere around (TIME 23:37). If you are close stand up and try to headshot the remaining taliban up the mountain there will be a few you can still hit.

Good Luck I hope this helps. :cool:

Edited by dz06lt

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can do it man, just take sometime then go back to it.

Cheers for the encouragement buddy, I wasn't going to pick this up again but read your comment this morning and thought to myself, why not give it another go. I have just done it in 23:07 and could have gone faster if I hadn't been so cautious after the destroying the DShK.

If anyone else is reading this, you can make up alot of time at the start before the village but there is plenty of time to achieve the target time. I couldn't make it through the village yesterday as I was trying to complete it too fast.

As well as the tips in this thread I found these videos helpful.

YouTube - MrBr1zzo's Channel

One final word of advice, don't give up. It is hard, but follow everything in this thread and you WILL be fine.

One there take position at the right window and start killing taliban. Your only objective here is to wait for 2 things to happen. First the RPG attack that takes out the building, once it does fall back. Now you must kill a predetermined amount of enemies until the truck hits the building

(TIME: 20:00-20:20).

Once the truck strikes head out the back and cover all you need to do here is make sure enemies DO NOT flank you if they do you might get shot or grenaded. But once you hit this point you are almost guarenteed success.

The attack choppers will arrive around (TIME 22:20-23:00).

The cutscene will end somewhere around (TIME 23:37). If you are close stand up and try to headshot the remaining taliban up the mountain there will be a few you can still hit.

There is an even easier way to master this spot. The real key here is to hide behind the hut on the right from the very start, as soon as you move to the hut, just hang around the back and don't ever leave it.

You don't need to kill a specific amount of guys either, I can validate this as I hid behind the house and waited it out until the truck arrived, it's a predetermined amount of time before the truck hits the hut.

You also mention that once the RPG hits to fall back, but then also when the truck hits to fall back??? You don't need to do any of that, just hide outside the hut on the right and pick off enemies that come across the right of the hill. I never had a single guy try and flank me on the left side, only the right.

Just offering a small piece of advice on this, it's much, much, much more simple to hide behind the hut as opposed to sitting in the hut, waiting for the RPG to destroy the wall, hiding again and then waiting for the truck. Stay outside the hut, and pick off the guys coming on the right and it's virtually guaranteed success, your only heart stopping moment will be if you allow them to flank you on the right.

Cheers for the encouragement buddy, I wasn't going to pick this up again but read your comment this morning and thought to myself, why not give it another go. I have just done it in 23:07 and could have gone faster if I hadn't been so cautious after the destroying the DShK.

If anyone else is reading this, you can make up alot of time at the start before the village but there is plenty of time to achieve the target time. I couldn't make it through the village yesterday as I was trying to complete it too fast.

As well as the tips in this thread I found these videos helpful.

One final word of advice, don't give up. It is hard, but follow everything in this thread and you WILL be fine.

Congrats man! :cool:

There is an even easier way to master this spot. The real key here is to hide behind the hut on the right from the very start, as soon as you move to the hut, just hang around the back and don't ever leave it.

You don't need to kill a specific amount of guys either, I can validate this as I hid behind the house and waited it out until the truck arrived, it's a predetermined amount of time before the truck hits the hut.

You also mention that once the RPG hits to fall back, but then also when the truck hits to fall back??? You don't need to do any of that, just hide outside the hut on the right and pick off enemies that come across the right of the hill. I never had a single guy try and flank me on the left side, only the right.

Just offering a small piece of advice on this, it's much, much, much more simple to hide behind the hut as opposed to sitting in the hut, waiting for the RPG to destroy the wall, hiding again and then waiting for the truck. Stay outside the hut, and pick off the guys coming on the right and it's virtually guaranteed success, your only heart stopping moment will be if you allow them to flank you on the right.

Good tip! See i tried waiting and was getting nervous that the truck wasnt coming unless i killed some jerks.

Congrats man! :cool:

Good tip! See i tried waiting and was getting nervous that the truck wasnt coming unless i killed some jerks.

I had the same fear, I noticed my team killing the remaining guys and the truck sequence started when I completed it. I did shoot a few times through both windows to kill a few guys prior to the truck so it may or may not have any bearing on it.

Either way I find hiding behind the house, picking off guys in the window or not, is the best method. I think it's all time sequenced, once you hit the house you have X minutes to survive and it only counts against that. I could be wrong, but both times I completed it (with one being 5 seconds off :mad:) I didn't fire on anyone unless I got flanked, the team took care of the rest.

• 2 weeks later...
I had the same fear, I noticed my team killing the remaining guys and the truck sequence started when I completed it. I did shoot a few times through both windows to kill a few guys prior to the truck so it may or may not have any bearing on it.

Either way I find hiding behind the house, picking off guys in the window or not, is the best method. I think it's all time sequenced, once you hit the house you have X minutes to survive and it only counts against that. I could be wrong, but both times I completed it (with one being 5 seconds off :mad:) I didn't fire on anyone unless I got flanked, the team took care of the rest.

Do you have a video of you doing this do you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been dreading this mission :( now i'm up to it and it is one son of a bitch! I'm at 14.30 and i've only just destroyed the gunner with the air support. I'm going to be doing for for a long time :(

God damn it! I ended the game at 25.37 not bad for destorying the gun at 14 minutes into the level. I have a feel for the level now so I will keep at it :)

God damn it! I done to machine gun part two minutes faster than my first try so I probably would of made it and after the air support the smoke fills my screen but it doesn't rest so it freezes with the smoke preventing me from seeing. I can move and fire my weapon and the clock ticks but I can't see anything at all :( so I had to quit for tonight.

I completed the machine gun part at 9 minutes then got to the hut around 15 minutes then at 20 minutes a random grenade killed me which 90% of the time when it's red it just hurts me and never kills this time it did :(.

I passed it finally! My old time was 25 minutes and 13 seconds. My new time is 22 minutes and 52 seconds.

Thank you for your advice and good guide :)

Edited by ShadowAFC

• 3 weeks later...

My god i did this in my first run. It stressed me out heaps. Because Hernadez was glitching and he kept running in circle for a whole minute and noone could move up to the objective on the door! I had to run all the back and find him and run into him so he could move again. Wasted a whole minute of doing nothing!

Luckily i finished with 20 seconds to spare. =D

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

also dreading this one, can get the first part done no probs - last run i made had me at the lower end of the suggested limits for a while, then one of my teammates vanished and the rest wouldn't move :mad: was not impressed, have to try again another day..