SP is garbage

Radford999

I was looking really forward to this game. Online is pretty good i must admit. But the SP is just garbage imo. Even playing it on hard offers no challenge at all. Not to mention being really short, the storyline is really weak. Anyone else think this or is it just me? :/

Story is short and was not to hard on hard difficulty . But I didnt think the storyline was weak.

Give me names of 3 shooters that gives you more than 5 hours of playing...

Storyline wasn`t weak, it was realistic...no super nuke explosions or rambo killers but real war ;)

I agree! I enjoyed the single player a lot! As mentioned it's modern warfare. It's supposed to be realistic. It doesn't have a completely made up story like COD Modern Warfare. This stuff actually happens today. Hard mode isn't too bad I'll admit, but I enjoyed the SP to beat it 4 times already and going on my 5th.

I feel the opposite, actually. I think Call of Duty has corrupted the war FPS genre when it comes to storyline. Everyone gets used to running around like Jack Bauer in an episode of 24 and they forget what a more realistic story actually is. Plus, the developers have gone on record saying that they were aiming for a more realistic approach to the storyline and level development. I actually liked the change in atmosphere.... it's more like 2-3 days in the career of a group of soldiers and less like an action movie highlight reel. Some of the conflicts were ridiculously intense too.

The multiplayer mode, however, was complete garbage. How they thought it would even stand a chance of holding its own against better online shooters is beyond me. Too few maps to choose from, too few classes, lag, and the fact that every weapon, from the shotguns to the pistols, has precision accuracy, even at long range. Oh, and the fact that all the maps are poorly designed and ultimately lead to a sniper free for all. Bleh

Can anyone name a primarilly multiplayer first person shooter with a decent single player campaign?

It wasn't brilliant, but it was decent. It went for the more realistic approach, rather than the Micahel Bay explosions with flaming dolphins flying through hoops of burning napalm that Modern Warfare 2 had.

hahaha i like your stile dude lol i totally agree :p

I agree! I enjoyed the single player a lot! As mentioned it's modern warfare. It's supposed to be realistic. It doesn't have a completely made up story like COD Modern Warfare. This stuff actually happens today. Hard mode isn't too bad I'll admit, but I enjoyed the SP to beat it 4 times already and going on my 5th.

Same here sp is good and realistic also characters are great, but I just cant stand mp and it ruins this game :rolleyes:

I'm only on about the 5th level, but it has been pretty good IMO. I suck at FPS and don't play them very often, so I was going to play medium and then hard, but it seems like medium has been pretty easy so far. I also miss having a mini-map. I was playing the mp at first, and got used to having it there, and in sp it isn't there. Kind of a pain for me, but I got used to it.

I thought so too! One of my favorite missions. Very emotional stuff and so intense it can make you s- yourself!:p An awesome mission cause of the intensity.

Exactly! Belly of the beast was the best mission in SP :D

Ybarra - HQ, stop your men we aren`t gonna make it!

Hernandez - Im not gonna die with any rounds left!

Patterson - Thats it Im out...

And then bang 2 apaches are comming!

After that scene I almost cried.... no I`m just kidding but it was one of the best scenes in the game.

Exactly! Belly of the beast was the best mission in SP :D

Ybarra - HQ, stop your men we aren`t gonna make it!

Hernandez - Im not gonna die with any rounds left!

Patterson - Thats it Im out...

And then bang 2 apaches are comming!

After that scene I almost cried.... no I`m just kidding but it was one of the best scenes in the game.

The odd thing about that level is when the Apaches come in I still had 150 rounds for my SAW and 250 for my PKM! lol!

That was the best level by far

The graphics were really bad in most of the levels and this disappointed me. I did like the story but wish there was a challenege. I died maybe a dozen times on my only playthrough on hard.

The graphics weren't bad; they were on par with the Frostbite engine. The problem is the devs at EA LA are lazy ass programmers who always do the same ass job with their games on the Unreal engine: the textures have problems loading correctly.