Should of bought it on PC

3tse

I should of stuck FPS to PC. This is my first time playing FPS on ps3 to see how it feels and playing on the analog is just not a very fun experience. I just find that playing with the analog just way too slow. I wish that they made some of "PS3 keyboard + mouse" for FPS game like how arcade stick for fighting games. Or just make it normal USB mouse and keyboard compatible with the ps3 or something. I guess im gonna stick to PC when comes to FPS.

What do you guys think? Hows playing on the PS3 feel for you?

I should of stuck FPS to PC. This is my first time playing FPS on ps3 to see how it feels and playing on the analog is just not a very fun experience. I just find that playing with the analog just way too slow. I wish that they made some of "PS3 keyboard + mouse" for FPS game like how arcade stick for fighting games. Or just make it normal USB mouse and keyboard compatible with the ps3 or something. I guess im gonna stick to PC when comes to FPS.

Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3 actually supports keyboard & mouse for in-game play. Problem is the other devs who doesn't use this PS3 feature.

Edited by OceanH

I started playing FPS's on the PC with Counter Strike way back. One day I decided to try playing the game with a PS2 controller using a usb adapter. At first it SUCKED, however I gave it a few days and it started to feel decent. If I had stuck with the controller, im sure I could have played the game just fine after a few weeks of practice. But I didnt like how slow the aiming and movement felt.

To this day I do not play FPS's on any console because I prefer a mouse's accuracy better than trying to aim with your thumb.

I still believe if you had a team of PC users against a team of Console users, the PC group would win. Your entire hand Vs your thumb for control....you decide :p

I know how you feel, i started PC gaming around 1999 and actually went pro in 2005 with counter strike source got to travel a few countries etc was good times.

but anyway i had to grow up :p and since i moved in with the gf and she dont really want me screaming down the mic at my team mates i got a PS3.

Ps3 FPS games dont really involve much skill tbh analog is a bit restricted, where with the mouse you can do flick shots and be quicker on reactions. you will neva get the same gaming experience from a ps3 like u did the PC, its one or the other i guess.

Edited by KinGLee_uk

I've had numerous argument with my PC gamer friends about this. Nothing is ever resolved.

I, however, personally love console FPS's because I'm much better at them than when playing PC.

well yeah it depends where you started, i played pc games for 10 years before i started with the ps3. when i started mw2 for the first time i got completey owned cause im just not used to aiming with the analog sticks, but practice makes perfect i have got used to it now but i still think aiming is so slow compared to a mouse.

There are ways to use a computer keyboard and mouse with a PS3, see this link: diy open-source ps3 controllers: Sixaxis emulator tutorial

I have tried this and it does work but is probably restricted to the more techie guys out there.

Personally, although I can use my keyboard and mouse, I prefer to use the controller purely because it's more convenient.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/393/eza1701.png

I'm an old pc gamer and it took some doing to get used to a controller...that is until I found out about the Frag FX controller.

SplitFish - Elevate your Gameplay

I'm an old pc gamer and it took some doing to get used to a controller...that is until I found out about the Frag FX controller.

SplitFish - Elevate your Gameplay

I have it. If you turn the mouse sensitivity to the highest, the cursor speed is limited by some games. And the mouse is a bit too small.

Ps3 FPS games dont really involve much skill tbh analog is a bit restricted, where with the mouse you can do flick shots and be quicker on reactions. you will neva get the same gaming experience from a ps3 like u did the PC, its one or the other i guess.

I gotta say I don't really agree with this. Call Of Duty is known for being a game where skill level is a major factor. It takes skill to be able to get great scores (not so much in MW2 but in Cod 4 and Waw, if you weren't a good player, you didn't get good scores).

I used to play COD on gamebattles, I assume if you did pro gaming you'll know what it is. Anyway some people on there are amazingly skilled FPS players. I played with, and beat, some of the best PS3 players on there and the matches were intense and always had a lot of skill on show. Anyway i'm just saying that some FPS on consoles do require skill.

As for getting the game on pc? If that's what you're used to then yeah I think you should have. But at least you gave it a go. I sometimes wish I had a good enough pc to play online with, but sadly I've never had one. The closest i got to regular online pc gaming was playing Day of Defeat at my friend's house after school. He didn't like to share though so I never got much of a go :(

Edited by Cookieflux

I pretty much played FPS games with the analog sticks nearly my entire life, so I like left and right sticks for shooters.:) I played a game or two on the pc and the controls felt fine to me. I think either way I see it, they're both customizable control schemes and both work fine with me.;) But pc takes getting used to either way.