Tier 1 Mode is ticking me off a little bit.

Hoagie324

WARNING: Minor spoilers ahead.

I really don't like the idea behind the Tier 1 mode. Yes, it is challenging, which I enjoy. However, I have recently been playing the last level, trying to get past it. Yeah, I'll die a few times on the beginning, and have died some in the cave. But, it's no big deal.

The BIG DEAL is that as soon as I eliminate all enemies in the cave, the stupid thing misses a scripted event and I have to start ALL OVER! It's ridiculous that a game like this is glitching in the middle of a mission. The place it glitches is when Sgt. Patterson tells you to move up in the cave... you can move up to where the scripted event happens where you meet up with your team, but Patterson does NOT- Thus making the scripted event not happen.

I'm really irked that this is happening, as I want to get the final and toughest mission out of the way. However, I can't because of this. Also, the servers disconnected me while I was playing once as well... which is absurd, you should not have to be online to play a level on the CAMPAIGN. Sure, there's a scoreboard. Could the developers not have implemented some sort of system to where you don't have to be online, and it can upload scores later in the case of a disconnect?

I just feel like *maybe* they rushed this game out too fast... If the campaign is going to continue having glitches in Tier 1 mode (just like it did in Hard mode), then I really think I'm going to return this game, and trade it in for something less glitchy instead.

/endrant

Edited by Hoagie324

I'm really surprised on how many issues people are having in this game with Campaign or Tier1, i've pretty much played it flawlessley.. It really sucks you're having these problems though it's frustrating. I thought Belly of the Beast though was a lot harder than the final mission though =P

Thanks for the condolances :)

You really think Belly of the Beast was harder? If so, that's a good thing- I had no problems whatsoever with that level, so maybe I'll be the same as you and be able to get through the final level with ease- up to the end of the cave isn't hard, I just can NOT get to the next part because of the glitch. Patch, please, EA? anybody?

I'm glad this wasn't just me having this problem. I've probably had a scripted event not trigger 6 or 7 times now (no all in Tier 1 though). I can't believe they shipped this title with that mode. With the frequency of the problem someone had to have noticed the problem.

In the regular campaign a missed script isn't as big of a deal (wastes like 2 mins of progress compared to 30 mins possible in T1)

Sure, there's a scoreboard. Could the developers not have implemented some sort of system to where you don't have to be online, and it can upload scores later in the case of a disconnect?

I completely agree. Loads of games I've played have this feature and it wouldn't have been difficult to add - you can play offline and simply sync your records to the server when you go online.

I haven't tried Tier 1 yet, but after Operation Flashpoint (that also had 45 min missions with no checkpoints/HUD) I was hoping that I wouldn't have to experience something like this again, especially if it glitches halfway through!

WARNING: Minor spoilers ahead.

The BIG DEAL is that as soon as I eliminate all enemies in the cave, the stupid thing misses a scripted event and I have to start ALL OVER! It's ridiculous that a game like this is glitching in the middle of a mission. The place it glitches is when Sgt. Patterson tells you to move up in the cave... you can move up to where the scripted event happens where you meet up with your team, but Patterson does NOT- Thus making the scripted event not happen.

/endrant

It Happens... just Shoot Em In The Feet... They'll Move Again.. SERIOUSLY!.. Dont Kill Em.. They'll Insult You & Keep Advancing

That happened to me a few times during my first play through. All of a sudden they would stop doing anything. I had to reset a few times because of it.

The last time it happened to me there was a lone enemy who was camped in a corner. Once I killed him the scripted event started.

Next time it happens to you do a quick sweep of the area - there may be a lone enemy who needs to be killed in order for you to advance.

Yea, the glitches in this game are ridiculous. So far I've encountered 3 major glitches:

- airfield level: as soon as I exit the warehouse in order to go to the tower; the scenery didn't load and I fell through the map. Reloading the last checkpoint fixed it though.

- final level: your buddy gets shot when he tries to move an obstruction in front of a cave. another buddy then proceeds to throw a grenade in; I was standing pretty close and the grenade got stuck in the doorway in mid-air and killed me ...

- level that starts with a 'cut scene' with a goat herd; the goat textures don't load straight away which gives me all-white eyeless goats. It does that every time, even when replaying the mission separately.

If this game was huge I could understand these glitches, but it's so short there could have been thorough testing and debugging for sure!

Edited by Kevlar

Thanks for the replies, everybody. I finally managed to get past the last level (Running With Wolves....) on Tier 1 mode and got my trophy. It seriously glitched on me about 10 times before it worked the last time and I was able to complete the mission. I'm surprised that EA/Danger Close haven't released a patch for this game yet to address these issues.

Thanks again to everybody though, you helped me through it :)

I actually recorded this error so I'm going to upload to youtube soon. Not that it really matters but I had to restart the last mission in campaign 4 times and it still didn't work. I went back on the next day and tried it and it worked. I told myself I would wait till a patch came out before I played tier 1 so I wouldn't run into these errors but I still find myself playing it. Its not like this issue is unpatchable. PC already has a patch and I bet like 20% of people pirated this game on PC. Give us console gamers some fucking patches. ps3 is the only system that you can't really burn games (thats I've believe, not a believe in PSJailbreak or whatever)

I've had glitches in tier 1 mode, in the 1st mission with deuce I had a enemy who would not go with the rest of the group, he just stayed beside the truck, so when i shot him it caused an alert, another one I had was in the mission after with rabbit I had to wait for the AI to move a board to cross over but they just did nothing, I looked everywhere for 2 mins and didn't find any enemies, I even shot the AI to get their attention and nothing. :mad:

Mine glitched on "running with wolves". The guys wouldn't get off the ATV's at one of the checkpoints, they just SAT there. I tried pushing buttons to no avail, the game didn't freeze or anything either as I could still look around the environment, it just wouldn't do anything else. But there was no dialogue and the scripted event didn't occur.

That's really the only level-breaking glitch I experienced in Teir 1, and I was able to complete it no problem. But I had a similar "script related" glitch during the campaign. Also on running with Wolves, for some reason. At the first checkpoint when I took the "overwatch" position at the first tower, the two squad mates wouldn't move forward into position. So again it was a "scripted event" that was bugged out and just left the game in limbo.

In general it was a very glitchy game. Playing Teir 1 REALLY exposes some things. I ran into a few "enemy spawn points" which were not well hidden, doesn't work so well in Teir 1 when you get up ahead of where the normal campaign "script" wants you to be. Just looks ugly to see enemies spawning right in front of you in a 2010 game (it took me a couple times dying one one of the missions before I realized i was running into a spawn point). Lots of enemies get stuck in animations (especially the slide animation, funny to see a guy sliding forwards and then backwards when the AI decides to go back into cover). I don't know if this was just me either, but the screen was constantly "glitching" and jumping around when I would go prone and crawl.

Edited by 2chalupas

Thanks for the replies, everybody. I finally managed to get past the last level (Running With Wolves....) on Tier 1 mode and got my trophy. It seriously glitched on me about 10 times before it worked the last time and I was able to complete the mission. I'm surprised that EA/Danger Close haven't released a patch for this game yet to address these issues.

Thanks again to everybody though, you helped me through it :)

Don't hold your breath. EA has never been quick with patches. They couldn't give a shit about you, your game or your trophies. They just want your money and now that you've bought the game the transaction is complete. It's all about the One-God to whom we all pray; The Almighty Dollar