Beating "On Track" without getting caught

I have no idea if doing this is the trick, but it worked when I did it:

It took me a few tries doing it. After having my disguise blown, I let them kill me. When the mission re-started, I watched Sturmgeist enter the building before I left my room. I also walked slowly to get the ID and uniform.

I'm not sure if watching Sturmgeist and walking slowly are the keys to doing it, or if it's just about luck. The reason your cover isn't blown is because the guy in his underwear gets stuck in the hotel you left. I went back inside and saw him running against the wall.

What am I doing wrong? I show the guys at the train station my ID and he says it's a nice photo of me.... but the doors dont open and they say I'm an imposter.

Tips for holding onto the disguise?

i had this problem too. i solved my problem by waiting at the base of the stairs instead of running straight up to the guard. he will still see u and ask for the papers if ur not next to him. then wait for the whole conversation to finish before moving and the doors should open

• 9 months later...

DoctorRobert claims to have not lost his disguise in On Track. Apparently it is possible for the owner of the uniform to become stuck in the building where he spawns.

Anybody else pull this off? Or is this somebody trying to drive us all mad attempting to do the impossible?

I would love to speed run this level, but the only thing the guide recommends is to follow the video guide made by PlaystationPaul. The problem with this notion is that Paul never seems to lose much health, whereas when I come across the same encounters, my health melts like butter in a microwave.

• 11 months later...

I found it works when walking slowly too. When you get the the controls, rush the two soldiers and melee both of them. Run straight past the chef. When you see the first train just past the bar area you'll find a guy blocking the passage. To get past him, go back to the small room connecting the bar and this passage and throw a grenade down below. The soldiers will then run and you can get past.

After this, some soldiers will shoot you but your disguise should hold if you keep running. From here on you should be OK to complete the level and you can restore some health by the train before you complete the level.