Operation Repunzel Glitch

Brrnout

Hey all I found a useful glitch in Operation Repunzel on my hard run. It was only my first go on hard but I was able to pass the first guard (the one who calls your identity out) WITHOUT being noticed. In other words the alarm was never raised and I was able to proceed through the level without detection.

It all went smoothly until the outside fountain court. Here it was not enough to be invisible as the corridor leading upwards is too narrow for two bodies side by side. Here is where you will have to make your stand.

Now how I did it: I am sorry to say that this is not a flawless process and trail and error will happen... a lot. But you can always quit and restart the level (as that is faster then dieing in the early portions of the level)

I tried many ways to make this work and I am sorry to say that none are fool proof... so far. Once I simply ran in and took a quick cut over the table and got out fast. Another time I stuck to the far wall and, while facing him, was able to back out.

Just thought I would throw this out there as it can help you get through half the level. But I do recommend you keep playing even if spotted as this helpful event does not happen often (lets say 1 of 13).

Good luck

Cheers, Brrnout

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to get through the whole level without detection on Hard mode? I cannot get past the first garden, I always loose my disguise and then get killed cause the shotgun sucks.

If its not possible to go the whole way with your disguise then what did you guys do to get past this level?

I don't think it's possible Doctor, the furtherest I made it was to the steam room/lounge after the library. To make it past the fountain without being caught takes extreme luck. Use your silenced pistol of course, and go ahead and waste the first 2 you see without stepping into the courtyard. For the guards, you have to back out slowly and look up to see the lone guard at the top of the staircase. Don't go out too far or he'll spot you. Make sure your aim is true and headshot him.

Now, you will see one guard on your left patrolling. Again, take your time, pick your shot and headshot him. Now you're safe to head through the courtyard and up the small staircase. The last guard will be patrolling there. Wait till he turns his back on you and headshot him. You will likely trigger a bunch of guards at this point, so sit tight and pick your moment (wait for them to all be running past you on the left) and then take off straight up the stairs. There will be 2 more guards around the bend in the hallway that you have to be careful about. If they trap you against the wall, you might be compromised.

If you can make it through, make sure you go downstairs in the great hall so that the bazooka guy will just pass out drunk instead of firing his bazooka. You can sneak through the library and then chuck grenades into the lounge to clear out the officers and get the secret plans. Headshot the 3 guys outside the steam room quickly and then open the door to the steamroom. Shift to the right and bounce a grenade in there to take out the other 2.

For the last part of the stage, stick to the secret passageway, and once you open the final door full of guys guarding the prisoner, just chuck grenades like crazy. Once you rescue him, move forward cautiously. When you hit the last courtyard, use what grenades you have left, and remember to kill the guys on the clocktower!! Edge out slowly to get your shots, and try not to panic if you start getting lit up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gug3M0IhKs]YouTube - Medal of Honour Frontline Operation Repunzel Hack 1/2[/ame]

I was never quick enough to kill the 3 guys in the steam room, so I always had my cover blown there. But, I'll take getting up to that part after dealing with The Golden Lion for almsot a week

Edited by DoctorRobert

• 2 months later...

How do you guys get through the kitchen with your disguise up? There's a cleaning dingleberry that always blocks my path...if I try to push through him long enough the cook detects me and I get lit up in that room. It's obvious that a lot of you are making it past that point...any tips or tricks how you're able to do so?

Figured out my own answer: You can jump over the low tables to get past this guy!

Edited by Rhysss
Figured out the answer!

• 1 month later...

I've found that you can just run past the first patrolling guard without bothering to look down. Just run straight to the left hand side of the path that he walks towards you on (there's a darker strip of shadow) and then when past him go diagonally from there directly through the open door and don't stop. A few times I was pulled up but I sucessfully ran past the "Du bist nicht Friedrich" guard at the front desk without getting pulled up maybe 8 out of 10 attempts.

Kept having trouble at the first garden but eventually found that you could grenade whilst still disguised as long as no-one is looking at you. After a few goes I found that just coming out of the door and onto the grass, turning around and grenading straight up onto the top of the large steps can take out more enemies and still remain in disguise. It's just a case of clearing them all out methodically while no-one is looking at you. Occasionally someone was suspicious of me and began shooting me while all others kept on about hteir business. Just single them out and grenade them directly while no-one is looking.

I made it all the way to the sauna change room and killed the first 3 guys with a grenade whilst still disguised but didn't have another for the 2 sauna guys. Had to cap them and break disguise but from there it was almost too easy (after 30 or so unsuccessful tries). Just take it slow and clear out all guards before freeing Gerritt- he gets in the way and makes you hurry unnecessarily. When all are dead, go back for him and stick close, just in case another guard pops out or so he dosen't disappear as others have found out (the hard way).

I tried this yesterday, I got to the two guys in the small room to the left after I get the keys from upstairs. The idiot was in the way, I couldn't get past...will give it another try but the guys at the 'fountain courtyard' are solid, there's way too many of them, a lot of luck is needed to get to the end without much health being taken. What was the difficulty in that vid? It couldn't have been on Hard, he would have died a long time ago haha

Well, I tried and succeeded with the glitch, many times I was found out by the guard above the steps in the courtyard but I then threw grenades up there, it took most of them out without blowing my disguise (leaving two that were just screwing around). So I then ran through to the hall avoiding the two German runners lol in the short corridor. I shot the drunk bazooka guy with the Silenced Pistol went back and they (runners) were shooting at me but my disguise still stayed intact. I then found the map and ran past the library, I got to the sauna and the other room...had no grenades left so I shot them all including the sauna guys (5 of them) thus blowing my disguise...I was then struggling for health but found some and lots of grenades in the 'secret' room. Got to the room filled with guards and just thew tons of grenades at them, killed them all then located Gerrit. This is when it all came to a climax, my health was very low but I had lots of grenades so I went upstairs to the last courtyard and just threw them all around, killing nearly all of them if not everyone. There was health which I badly needed around 4 meters away from me, the two soldiers were on the roof so I tried to pick the first off, after many accurate shots with the STG he didn't die, or even feel anything...it was as if the bullets were going right through him, Gerrit was behind me at this point, pushing me (physically) towards my doom and before I knew it I was dead...the damn roof guys killed me. I was so close to the end I could taste it :(

Aw well, I need to find more grenades so the sauna guys aren't the problem. Can anyone help me out with this or are there no more grenades other than the 5 you find behind the stage after the kitchen?

EDIT: Sorry for the long paragraph, I needed to let this disappointent out haha

Edited by GersAvA92

• 5 weeks later...
Well, I ........EDIT: Sorry for the long paragraph, I needed to let this disappointent out haha

after months of struggling I just got it on hard and my tip is:

do use your granandes in the first garden to eliminate to guys standing above you cause it makes you're life a lot a lot easier passing this area (after taking out the 2 guards patrolling in the yard without leaving the building to keep your disguise as written here before). Get the throwing angle real steep by standing right out of the door. You'll need a bit of practise on this and with some luck you'll not need all five.

Then you'll just rush through with your disguise intact till you reach the sauna area. Just waste them and it doesn't really matter if you lose your disquise here. After the first 3 you need to do the 2 in the sauna up front since you can then enter the hidden room and stash 15 grenades. With them you equipped you take a u-turn to the room to get the document from the clock without losing health.

You can then do the rest by shooting and throwing your grenades.

I also had very little health left when I entered the last garden but also some grenades :-). I machined the guys on the roof and I got through still having very little health! Just rush it and run like crazy jumping and moving sidewards using you're machine gun to take them all out...

...I'm still all adrenaline after that scene (levels with no check points :mad:)

after months of struggling I just got it on hard and my tip is:

do use your granandes in the first garden to eliminate to guys standing above you cause it makes you're life a lot a lot easier passing this area (after taking out the 2 guards patrolling in the yard without leaving the building to keep your disguise as written here before). Get the throwing angle real steep by standing right out of the door. You'll need a bit of practise on this and with some luck you'll not need all five.

Then you'll just rush through with your disguise intact till you reach the sauna area. Just waste them and it doesn't really matter if you lose your disquise here. After the first 3 you need to do the 2 in the sauna up front since you can then enter the hidden room and stash 15 grenades. With them you equipped you take a u-turn to the room to get the document from the clock without losing health.

You can then do the rest by shooting and throwing your grenades.

I also had very little health left when I entered the last garden but also some grenades :-). I machined the guys on the roof and I got through still having very little health! Just rush it and run like crazy jumping and moving sidewards using you're machine gun to take them all out...

...I'm still all adrenaline after that scene (levels with no check points :mad:)

Yeah, no check points = crazy playing haha. I got the Platinum last week, Operation Repunzel was one of the hardest though, I managed to get past everybody except for the guys in the living room (the one with the fireplace next to the sauna). I just reserved my grenades for them and got to the room packed with guards. Throwing a lot of grenades helps, the last bit was hard but with even more grenades it became easy, the guys on the roof (clocktower) don't die for a while though lol...but I'm glad I kept at it. Another Plat in the bag :D

Edited by GersAvA92

• 3 months later...
Scratch that. Got it to work, and I can see why people love this glitch. When you can get it to work, and assuming you make it to/past the sauna without losing your disguise, this level is soooooo easy. Love it.

MOVING ON!!!

Good stuff, how did you get past the sauna without being detected? I could never do this, was found out at this point every time :think:

Side note... if you get the prisoner up to the courtyard, allow him to go in and start taking fire. All of your enemies will focus on him. Quickly dash into the courtyard and out the other side where the breakable railing stands (where you push the prisoner). Now just wait. Every time the prisoner takes a bullet, he pauses for a moment then resumes moving. After about two-four minutes, he will arrive at the railing intact, and you didn't have to risk your limited life trying to take out his attackers.

Side note... if you get the prisoner up to the courtyard, allow him to go in and start taking fire. All of your enemies will focus on him. Quickly dash into the courtyard and out the other side where the breakable railing stands (where you push the prisoner). Now just wait. Every time the prisoner takes a bullet, he pauses for a moment then resumes moving. After about two-four minutes, he will arrive at the railing intact, and you didn't have to risk your limited life trying to take out his attackers.

I never thought of that :facepalm: lol

I eventually did complete the level a few months back, 'twas a pain in the ass though. Would've been so much easier if I got past the sauna guys without losing my disguise.

Getting past the sauna with disguise intact just sort of happened for me (killed the sauna enemies quickly, I suppose) but it is kind of irrelevant as your disguise is auto-blown the moment you make contact with the prisoner, which is only one fight room past the sauna.

Ah OK, kinda thought that. The room outside the prisoners is packed with guards, this was the bit that annoyed me the most. Suppose the disguise is useless as soon as you get there anyway. The level's by far easier when you can get all the way to the sauna without being caught though, ah good stuff ahah.

• 6 months later...

Super old thread I know but I have another tip for this that I just did last night. I did the glitch with getting past the first guy with my disguise intact, I found that if you start looking down at the ground before you even enter the building it works almost every time. I didn't have any grenades because I used them all at the end of The Golden Lion so when I got to the first garden I couldn't use that plan to keep my disguise. What I did was take out the two guys patrolling, then I stayed very close to the entrance to the garden and none of the guys came running down to get me. They just stayed up top and tried to shoot me over the railing. If you just inch out you can take them all out without them being able to hit you or at the very least only taking a couple hits. I imagine it takes longer than the grenade method but if you're out of grenades like I was this is another trick to get past that part.

Super old thread I know but I have another tip for this that I just did last night. I did the glitch with getting past the first guy with my disguise intact, I found that if you start looking down at the ground before you even enter the building it works almost every time. I didn't have any grenades because I used them all at the end of The Golden Lion so when I got to the first garden I couldn't use that plan to keep my disguise. What I did was take out the two guys patrolling, then I stayed very close to the entrance to the garden and none of the guys came running down to get me. They just stayed up top and tried to shoot me over the railing. If you just inch out you can take them all out without them being able to hit you or at the very least only taking a couple hits. I imagine it takes longer than the grenade method but if you're out of grenades like I was this is another trick to get past that part.

Yeah this is what I done, a very annoying level. I was just lucky I had enough grenades after the guys up from the court to take care of the room packed with them after the "secret room" you contact that woman at the desk in.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Seems to be hard for my game to let me get passed the first guard unnoticed ... I don't understand the succeed-factor here ... need to find a way to glitch the game a bit to make magical and strange things happen (like a lot of times)

Seems to be hard for my game to let me get passed the first guard unnoticed ... I don't understand the succeed-factor here ... need to find a way to glitch the game a bit to make magical and strange things happen (like a lot of times)

I suggest bunny hopping your way in and over his desk on the right end ... gives a good chance :)