XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

View Poll Results: Mission You Found Most Challenging
D-Day (Your Finest Hour, Into the Beach) 5 5.43%
A Storm in the Port (Seaside Stowaway, Special Cargo, Eye of the Storm, A Chance Meeting) 1 1.09%
Needle in a Haystack (Rough Landing, The Golden Lion, Operation Rapunzel) 35 38.04%
Several Bridges Too Far (Nijmegen Bridge, Yard by Yard, Arnhem Knights) 10 10.87%
Rolling Thunder (On Track, Riding out the Storm, Derailed) 9 9.78%
The Horten's Nest (Clipping their Wings, Enemy Mine, Under the Radar, Stealing the Show) 32 34.78%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
cjt417

Default Hardest Mission? (Poll)

Figured newcomers should know what they're getting into and vets can vent.

(Oops messed up on the title)

#62 Lego The Hobbit.

Last edited by cjt417; 01-04-2011 at 11:21 AM.
cjt417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #2
cjt417

Voted for Mission 3, since Golden Lion took me 4hrs and Operation Repunzel required an almost methodical approach. Keeping your buddy alive in Rough Landing can also be a pain.

#62 Lego The Hobbit.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
youngprospects

D-Day (Your Finest Hour, Into the Beach

Easy.

A Storm in the Port (Seaside Stowaway, Special Cargo, Eye of the Storm, A Chance Meeting

Easy.

Needle in a Haystack (Rough Landing, The Golden Lion, Operation Rapunzel

Rough Landing was a piece of cake, but the other two levels were tough.

Several Bridges Too Far (Nijmegen Bridge, Yard by Yard, Arnhem Knights

None of these levels were that bad, Arnhem Knights you can speedrun no problem. The last part is the only tricky part.

Rolling Thunder (On Track, Riding out the Storm, Derailed)

I had quite a bit of a problem with On Track, i only just about finished it. Then i had hardly any health for the last two levels, but i managed it somehow. Derailed is pretty tough when you get ambushed.

The Horten's Nest (Clipping their Wings, Enemy Mine, Under the Radar, Stealing the Show)

Clipping Their Wings and Under The Radar are tough, the other two levels are pretty easy.

I'd say Hornet's Nest and Needle In A Haystack are the toughest chapters. I can't really split them to be honest, but Rolling Thunder isn't far behind On The Track and Derailed are no joke.

Last edited by youngprospects; 01-05-2011 at 02:32 PM.
youngprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
micco12

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

D-Day: Easy. You won't have any trouble in it.

A Storm in a Port: Last two levels are tough and long. I was stuck in them. It isn't the hardest one though.

Needle in a Haystack: As youngprospects said, Rough Landing is easy, but the later ones are hard. Second hardest I'd say.

Several Bridges Too Far: Kinda easy. I hated Yard by Yard. It was a tricky one.

Rolling Thunder: I didn't have any troubles in these missions. Well, On Track was annoying because of the ending.

Horten's Nest: Hardest mission in my opinion. Clipping Their Wings and Under The Radar were crazy hard! Though I finished them quite fast 'cause I had played the game so much.

So, Horten's Nest got my vote. Good luck to everyone who is trying to beat this game on hard!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
Dark_Phantom_89
Guide Team

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Bingo   Phantom's ''Odds and Sods'' List   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Silver Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 2 Champions - Team 4Play   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)

This is a real toughie as there are missions in each of them that I found quite difficult.

Went with Several Bridges Too Far in the end. I had a rough time with all of these missions at some point and it took me a fair while to finish them. Nijmegen Bridge was bad enough, then I was greeted with the close combat fighting in Yard by Yard (which is very difficult on Hard) and then to top it all off one of the hardest levels in the game, Arnhem Knights.

Away until the 30th

Last edited by Dark_Phantom_89; 01-06-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Dark_Phantom_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
micco12

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Phantom_89 View Post
Then to top it all off one of the hardest levels in the game, Arnhem Knights.

How can Arnhem Knights be that hard? Didn't you speedrun it? I did, and it was easy.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #7
Dark_Phantom_89
Guide Team

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Bingo   Phantom's ''Odds and Sods'' List   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Silver Road Map Submitter   Guide Supplement Bronze   THL Season 2 Champions - Team 4Play   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by micco12 View Post
How can Arnhem Knights be that hard? Didn't you speedrun it? I did, and it was easy.
No I did it the normal way. The only thing that I ran past were the people in the houses after you destroy the first tank.

Damn, it was hard doing it that way...

Away until the 30th
Dark_Phantom_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #8
cjt417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Phantom_89 View Post
No I did it the normal way. The only thing that I ran past were the people in the houses after you destroy the first tank.

Damn, it was hard doing it that way...
yeah i'll admit that it gave me a pain when i was trying to get gold, so i understand how on a normal run it would be difficult. did u not see the video?

#62 Lego The Hobbit.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #9
Infamous.
Banned

FINALLY I HAVE DONE THIS GAME ON HARD! aaaaaaaah the satisfaction

golden lion was one of the hardest. it put me off the game for a while...
alot of the others were quite hard too such as clipping their wings, operation repunzel, under the radar. but all can be done with patience and by following a youtube vid to know where enemies and healthpacks are

Last edited by Infamous.; 01-12-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Infamous. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:20 AM   #10
Trombone482

I have to say so far, there has been no mission that has been difficult and I am through Golden Lion. We will see though as I go further along. So far though no where as hard as CoD:Classic

ALL Blank Friend Requests will be deleted!
Trombone482 is offline   Reply With Quote