Hardest Mission? (Poll)

cjt417

Mission You Found Most Challenging  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Mission You Found Most Challenging

• D-Day (Your Finest Hour, Into the Beach)
    • A Storm in the Port (Seaside Stowaway, Special Cargo, Eye of the Storm, A Chance Meeting)
    • Needle in a Haystack (Rough Landing, The Golden Lion, Operation Rapunzel)
    • Several Bridges Too Far (Nijmegen Bridge, Yard by Yard, Arnhem Knights)
    • Rolling Thunder (On Track, Riding out the Storm, Derailed)
    • The Horten's Nest (Clipping their Wings, Enemy Mine, Under the Radar, Stealing the Show)

D-Day (Your Finest Hour, Into the Beach

Easy.

A Storm in the Port (Seaside Stowaway, Special Cargo, Eye of the Storm, A Chance Meeting

Easy.

Needle in a Haystack (Rough Landing, The Golden Lion, Operation Rapunzel

Rough Landing was a piece of cake, but the other two levels were tough.

Several Bridges Too Far (Nijmegen Bridge, Yard by Yard, Arnhem Knights

None of these levels were that bad, Arnhem Knights you can speedrun no problem. The last part is the only tricky part.

Rolling Thunder (On Track, Riding out the Storm, Derailed)

I had quite a bit of a problem with On Track, i only just about finished it. Then i had hardly any health for the last two levels, but i managed it somehow. Derailed is pretty tough when you get ambushed.

The Horten's Nest (Clipping their Wings, Enemy Mine, Under the Radar, Stealing the Show)

Clipping Their Wings and Under The Radar are tough, the other two levels are pretty easy.

I'd say Hornet's Nest and Needle In A Haystack are the toughest chapters. I can't really split them to be honest, but Rolling Thunder isn't far behind On The Track and Derailed are no joke.

Edited by youngprospects

D-Day: Easy. You won't have any trouble in it.

A Storm in a Port: Last two levels are tough and long. I was stuck in them. It isn't the hardest one though.

Needle in a Haystack: As youngprospects said, Rough Landing is easy, but the later ones are hard. Second hardest I'd say.

Several Bridges Too Far: Kinda easy. I hated Yard by Yard. It was a tricky one.

Rolling Thunder: I didn't have any troubles in these missions. Well, On Track was annoying because of the ending.

Horten's Nest: Hardest mission in my opinion. Clipping Their Wings and Under The Radar were crazy hard! Though I finished them quite fast 'cause I had played the game so much.

So, Horten's Nest got my vote. Good luck to everyone who is trying to beat this game on hard!;)

This is a real toughie as there are missions in each of them that I found quite difficult.

Went with Several Bridges Too Far in the end. I had a rough time with all of these missions at some point and it took me a fair while to finish them. Nijmegen Bridge was bad enough, then I was greeted with the close combat fighting in Yard by Yard (which is very difficult on Hard) and then to top it all off one of the hardest levels in the game, Arnhem Knights. :francis:

Edited by Dark_Phantom_89

No I did it the normal way. The only thing that I ran past were the people in the houses after you destroy the first tank.

Damn, it was hard doing it that way...

yeah i'll admit that it gave me a pain when i was trying to get gold, so i understand how on a normal run it would be difficult. did u not see the video?

FINALLY I HAVE DONE THIS GAME ON HARD! aaaaaaaah the satisfaction

golden lion was one of the hardest. it put me off the game for a while...

alot of the others were quite hard too such as clipping their wings, operation repunzel, under the radar. but all can be done with patience and by following a youtube vid to know where enemies and healthpacks are

Edited by Infamous.

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently stuck in Golden Lion and its driving me up the wall. It's to long, and WAY to hard. One or two super hard sections? Fine, 4 or 5 are you joking??

What is pissing me off even more is that fact that I always lose because the game does somthing totally fudged up!

I've already lost because of the following:

- The ai hit me at 500m while I was visible by a milimeter as well as behind a bin and in prone.

- The enemies knew I was at one of the checkpoints before i got off the truck, so the snipers all took me out

- The enemies pressed the alarm the milisecond I shot it with my first round, not allowing me to destroy it... again killed by the snipers

- Getting killed by a sniper who was INSIDE a wall

- Getting killed by a sniper who was shooting THROUGH a wall

- Getting killed by a soilder who took 3 Springfield rounds to the head but decided that was not enough to bring him down

My main problem at this point is that it's not skill or lack there of that is causing me to lose. It's rather the fact that the game does whatever it wants whenever it wants that causes me to lose. This is why EA suck at making shooters.

Cheers, Brrnout

Edited by Brrnout

yeah i dont think anyone here would argue that this game requires skill. its really more about patience and persevering through the bull crap that comes from this game. good luck on GL, i spent about 3-4hrs on it alone (and thats where my vote went XD).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone how are you all?

Iam up to the On Track mission but i will give my thoughts on the missions i have done so far on hard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

D-Day (Your Finest Hour, Into the Beach) - Easy though the first level seemed to be a matter of luck as to whether you get hit by mines or not which was frustrating. The second level is fine as long as your careful around those corners.

A Storm in the Port (Seaside Stowaway, Special Cargo, Eye of the Storm, A Chance Meeting) - Seaside Stowaway is very easy so nothing much to be said there and Special cargo i found very easy too just watch for corners. i hated eye of the storm as i found it quite tedious with all the snipers and i found it really easy to die, just take your time with this one. A chance meeting is more easier then the last level but still tedious.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Needle in a Haystack (Rough Landing, The Golden Lion, Operation Rapunzel) - This is where my vote went as Rough Landing is very easy just snipe ahead alot and make sure your buddy is ok ;). The Golden Lion is total Bull in all fairness as it took me 3 hours to get through this and the annoying bugs helped out with my deaths too as nothing is better than getting shot through walls. Just take your time and use your Sniper Rifle and grenades to best effect. Also be careful as your game might freeze as i got to the end and my game froze lol which was to say the least absoloutely horrible. Operation Rapunzel i found very easy, just use your shotgun alot and at the start i meleed some of the enemies with my pistol as it kills them in one hit, you can also get past the person at the front in your disguise if you stick to the back wall and so you can get up to the part where you have tonnes of guards in this Garden area past the Area with the Red Curtain(like a theatre). However i found it better just to kill everyone as you get more ammo and such items.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Several Bridges Too Far (Nijmegen Bridge, Yard by Yard, Arnhem Knights) - This chapter is pretty easy to be honest, the first level of this you can speed run easily and the gewehr sniper rifle is great, when you get the to the main part of the bridge with all the snipers at the top, just ignore them and the machine gun and such and just run down the right side of the bridge to the second set of stairs which lead under the bridge to where they are planting explosives, just keep using your sniper rifle and use grenades at the bunker at the end and bam your done with that one. Yard by Yard is easy but just make sure you know where the enemies are and use you shotgun to best effect. You can speedrun Arnhem Knights making it a very easy level but watch out for a glitch at the end which for me causes everything to dissapear at the last part of them ission including the tank which glitched it up as i couldnt complete the level as the tank wasnt there for me to destroy. The second time the glitch caused everything at the last part to dissapear EXCEPT the tank which was great lol :D. Also there is a glitch which makes enemies you have already killed respawn as i left the last area to get a surgeon pack and the entire panzashreck squad had respawned as well as the guy on the machine gun which was hell annoying so be careful of that too.

As for the last two missions(Rolling Thunder and The Hortens Nest) i have yet to complete on hard so once i do i will give my thoughts on that.

Some Tips to Help Out

Iam probably just giving information everyone already knows but a few tips are:

-Use your Sniper rifle to best effect as it allows you to kill enemies from far away! Awesome. dont forget to zoom in hold the :up: and to zoom out simply hold :down:

-Whether your edging past a building with an enemy coming round it or your opening a door leading to a small room filled with enemies, use a grenade! If you want to throw it further simply wait before you throw (i wait for the two ticks and then throw it, also you can jump whilst throwing it to make it go a little further too. Also if you want grenades to blow up straight away, make the grenade hit the enemy you want to kill with the grenade as it will blow up immediately :)

- Get to know how much health you are given by which items so you can tell which one you will need, if you have half of your health left and you see a health item that gives you 3/4 of your health back, why not advance forward and you may find a health item that gives you 2/4 of your health back instead of wasting the 1/4 of that health item in the first place? ;)

- watch youtube walkthrough videos to see where enemies are as well as health items and how to go about getting through the levels on hard as this will greatly help you out.

- Interpret the Rhythm of the enemies guns so you know when to duck out of cover to shoot. Sometimes enemies will be in too good cover so use grenades to flush them out instead of duck out of cover, getting shot and them not getting hit by your bullets. For example enemies with rifles with fire a shot every 3 seconds, enemies with automatic weapons will fire in burst fire not automatic and so on.

- Be careful of enemies with automatic weapons as a burst fire of these guns like the STG and MP40 at close or long range can do a hell of alot of damage.

-Final tip- take advantage of the AI's behavior. They will usually run to you first not you run to them so simply take shots at them whilst they are behind walls or such. Also if they are the other side of a door they may well walk through the door and you can shoot them to pieces or if they know you are there in the same situation, throw a grenade through and they will still stay in that room and be blown up lol.

Iam finding the game not too hard you just have to keep persevering and patience will always reward you in this game.

So yeah i just felt like typing a bit about this game to help anyone who is having a tough time getting through the levels on hard. I havent got through all of them yet so wish me luck lol but i just wanted to give some insight.

I just can't get past Riding out the storm..

I always die at the 2nd tank, and this is on the easiest difficulty..

I've lost hopes to play this on hard..

This should help, I followed it almost exactly and ended with half health on hard...derailed is going to be a pain now though :(

YouTube - Medal of Honor: Frontline Riding Out the Storm (PS2)

Haven't played them on Hard yet since I am still trying to get all the Gold medals. I don't understand how the Gold medals work... on some missions, I am quite sure I finished with 95% enemies killed and 75% health, but still I get a Bronze. =/

I'm close to platinum, but haven't voted because I have 2 answers. I found under the radar very difficult on easy when trying to get the gold star, but it wasn't too bad on hard because I didn't make any of the extra enemies spawn. Rough landing was the hardest on hard difficulty because you have to strike a balance between protecting your mate who can blow up the tanks and conserving your own health.